Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old January 7th, 2019, 11:01 AM   #1
hayley2003
Nice Poster

hayley2003's Forum Picture

Name: Hayley
Default Girls who want to believe they are pregnant?

During xmas vacation I ended up watching a bunch Dr. Phil shows. One show had two older ladies who believed they were pregnant despite a bunch of doctors and pregnancy tests proving they weren't. I am not sure how old they were, but I kinda thought they were too old to be pregnant anyway. They looked like they were 40 - 50, but I don't know for sure.

anyways, Dr. Phil had a GYN doctor exam them (not during the show of course), and they were told again and again they weren't pregnant, but no matter what they were told, they refused to believe they weren't pregnant.

One of the ladies claimed she has been pregnant for over 3.5 years!!!

Other than this one issue, they seem perfectly normal. Its kinda reminded me of people who believe the earth is flat, and no matter what the facts are, they refused to believe otherwise.

What kind of mental defect is this?
hayley2003 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2019, 01:55 PM   #2
ska8er
VT Lover

ska8er's Forum Picture

Name: Andy
Default Re: Girls who want to believe they are pregnant?

Dr. Phils show sometimes is like a
glorified Jerry Springer.

Last edited by ska8er; January 7th, 2019 at 03:05 PM.
ska8er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2019, 02:01 PM   #3
Pultost
Mushroom Lover

Pultost's Forum Picture

Name: Anita

Who needs circuses or other freak shows when we have Dr. Phil?

Seriously, there's got to be a few seriously wrong connections in their minds, especially when they honestly believe they've been pregnant for years.

You know the feeling when the steaks are on the grill, and your mouth is watering. Do vegans feel the same when they mow the lawn?
Pultost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2019, 04:08 PM   #4
karacoustic
Awesome Poster

karacoustic's Forum Picture

Name: Kara

All i can think is maybe they had menopause and was just really confused??? Huh.
karacoustic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2019, 04:47 PM   #5
InternetTeen
Awesome Poster

It's on the Jeremy Kyle Show too sometimes.
InternetTeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 8th, 2019, 10:49 AM   #6
hayley2003
Nice Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by karacoustic View Post
All i can think is maybe they had menopause and was just really confused??? Huh.
Its kinda more than just being confused because they REFUSE to accept over whelming evidence that proves they are not pregnant.

The other woman believed she was pregnant with 6 babies and that all the doctors kept miss seeing them using ultrasound and other tests.
Old January 8th, 2019, 10:55 AM   #7
hayley2003
Nice Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pultost View Post
Who needs circuses or other freak shows when we have Dr. Phil?

Seriously, there's got to be a few seriously wrong connections in their minds, especially when they honestly believe they've been pregnant for years.
That is exactly what I think too. Dr Phil was making them look like crazy freaks. I was mad at Dr. Phil because the whole time he was agruing with them trying to force them admit they were wrong and they just need accept it. I was thinking "There something broken in their mind, you a-hole, stop harassing them and treating them like losers"

Bottom line, just like people who hear voices, or see invisible people. These ladies believe it to be 100% real because their minds are not working correctly, not because they don't want to admit they made a mistake. For them, its 100% real and Dr Phil was treating them as "Freaks" for other people to laugh at, not ladies with real mental problems.
Old January 8th, 2019, 11:08 AM   #8
Pultost
Mushroom Lover

Pultost's Forum Picture

Name: Anita

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayley2003 View Post
That is exactly what I think too. Dr Phil was making them look like crazy freaks. I was mad at Dr. Phil because the whole time he was agruing with them trying to force them admit they were wrong and they just need accept it. I was thinking "There something broken in their mind, you a-hole, stop harassing them and treating them like losers"

Bottom line, just like people who hear voices, or see invisible people. These ladies believe it to be 100% real because their minds are not working correctly, not because they don't want to admit they made a mistake. For them, its 100% real and Dr Phil was treating them as "Freaks" for other people to laugh at, not ladies with real mental problems.
That's a very good point. They clearly need help, and making fun of them on TV isn't helping one bit.

You know the feeling when the steaks are on the grill, and your mouth is watering. Do vegans feel the same when they mow the lawn?
Pultost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 8th, 2019, 02:59 PM   #9
Jrunner
Member++

Name: James

Jeez, that's out there
Jrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 8th, 2019, 03:01 PM   #10
Naturelover
Member++

Naturelover's Forum Picture

Name: Julia

Maybe the women have wanted a child all their lives and it never worked.
Or they are know that they are in the climacteric and can not get any more
children and do not want to have that true.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/False_pregnancy
Naturelover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2019, 08:24 AM   #11
Uniquemind
VT Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayley2003 View Post
During xmas vacation I ended up watching a bunch Dr. Phil shows. One show had two older ladies who believed they were pregnant despite a bunch of doctors and pregnancy tests proving they weren't. I am not sure how old they were, but I kinda thought they were too old to be pregnant anyway. They looked like they were 40 - 50, but I don't know for sure.

anyways, Dr. Phil had a GYN doctor exam them (not during the show of course), and they were told again and again they weren't pregnant, but no matter what they were told, they refused to believe they weren't pregnant.

One of the ladies claimed she has been pregnant for over 3.5 years!!!

Other than this one issue, they seem perfectly normal. Its kinda reminded me of people who believe the earth is flat, and no matter what the facts are, they refused to believe otherwise.

What kind of mental defect is this?
It’s a mental health issue for sure and the reasons why they are in this delusion probably vary. Naturally nothing is going to appear physically wrong with a person who is mentally ill, you can only go by behavioral analysis and of that person’s thinking upon the longevity of how consistently they make excuses to counter factual evidence that their claim is not true.

(Sound like anybody else we know? Denials if facts, etc...)

If I had to guess I’d say such people usually have underlying life goals or personal desire to have a child or bring reason into their life, maybe society has made them internalize they aren’t important unless they’re a mother. Or maybe they experienced some kind of life trauma where they see “the inability” to get pregnant as some challenge to overcome.

On that last bit you can see how another life edict often told to us is: “at first you don’t succeed try try again” can be twisted in the mind of a mentally ill person into an unhealthy fixation or denial of reality.

In my experience observing people, I tend to see people deny reality as a coping mechanism for something else deeper going on psychologically.

Hope that helps.

So yeah life in moderation guys, trust your doctors, if you have doubts get a second doctor opinion but also make sure you listen to the facts. No human gestation period lasts for 1+ year without severe medical complications possibly resulting in death....so at that point not only is it past a healthy skepticism, your going against conmon sense. (Which isn’t so common I guess).

Last edited by Uniquemind; January 11th, 2019 at 08:33 AM.
Uniquemind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 13th, 2019, 10:27 PM   #12
Katie2003
Awesome Poster

Name: Katelynn

Having a mom who's a behavioral psychologist, and being emotionally troubled myself, I can easily understand that a woman might become fixated on being pregnant for reasons she might not even know or understand. Denial when presented with reality from appropriately educated and qualified authorities verifies that this is a form of mental illness. I agree that it's wrong for him to belittle them publicly when they have such obvious emotional issues. But unfortunately that's what makes people watch such shows because they enjoy seeing all the people presented on those shows with problems, and that makes their own problems seem less critical.
Katie2003 is offline   Reply With Quote