Virtual Teen Forums
 

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 17th, 2018, 08:39 PM   #101
Oscar2005
Awesome Poster
 
Name: Oscar
Join Date: June 16, 2018
Location: UK
Age: 14
Gender: Male
Default Re: Circumcision of small boys banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvaNL View Post
It's great that you don't feel mutilated. Many others do however. Physically and mentally.
Many others? How many?
Circumcision has existed forever. If so many people felt mutilated, they wouldn't do it to their kids. So it would be less and less frequent. But actually people still do it...
Oscar2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 17th, 2018, 09:22 PM   #102
EvaNL
Nice Poster
 
Name: Goodbye
Join Date: February 23, 2017
Gender: Undisclosed
Default Re: Circumcision of small boys banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscar2005 View Post
Many others? How many?
https://epublications.bond.edu.au/hss_pubs/114/
In this studies 51% of circumcised boys qualify for PTSD.

https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/...99.0830s1085.x
"Emotional distress, manifesting as intrusive thoughts about ones circumcision, included feelings of mutilation (60%), low self-esteem/inferiority to intact men (50%),genital dysmorphia (55%), rage (52%), resentment/depression (59%), violation (46%), or parental betrayal(30%)."

And those are just the first 2 studies that I found online.

And how many people who have issues because of having been circumcised is acceptable? Isn't just 1 person already too many who suffer due to an unnecessary procedure?
Why not just stop the entire practice and let all boys decide for themselves when they become adults. That way they will not feel the psychological effects as stated above, because they choose themselves.
Quote:
Circumcision has existed forever. If so many people felt mutilated, they wouldn't do it to their kids. So it would be less and less frequent. But actually people still do it...
Many people drive too fast too. Doesn't mean it should be (or is) allowed...

Gone because of excessive trolling
EvaNL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 18th, 2018, 12:25 AM   #103
Dav1d
Member
 
Dav1d's Forum Picture
 
Name: David
Join Date: December 10, 2018
Location: Seattle, WA
Age: 13
Gender: Male
Default Re: Circumcision of small boys banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvaNL View Post
I'm rightly concerned about human wellbeing. And the gender does not matter to me.
doesn't sound like you care about the well being of 300,000+ danish citizens.
Dav1d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 18th, 2018, 12:47 AM   #104
Dav1d
Member
 
Dav1d's Forum Picture
 
Name: David
Join Date: December 10, 2018
Location: Seattle, WA
Age: 13
Gender: Male
Default Re: Circumcision of small boys banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvaNL View Post
https://epublications.bond.edu.au/hss_pubs/114/
In this studies 51% of circumcised boys qualify for PTSD.

https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/...99.0830s1085.x
"Emotional distress, manifesting as intrusive thoughts about ones circumcision, included feelings of mutilation (60%), low self-esteem/inferiority to intact men (50%),genital dysmorphia (55%), rage (52%), resentment/depression (59%), violation (46%), or parental betrayal(30%)."

And those are just the first 2 studies that I found online.
you're comparing apples to oranges here. you do realize that circumcision in the phillippines is conducted around the time of puberty, which deviates from most western nations where it occurs a few days after birth. but hey, you're clearly not concerned with the truth.
Dav1d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 18th, 2018, 06:59 AM   #105
EvaNL
Nice Poster
 
Name: Goodbye
Join Date: February 23, 2017
Gender: Undisclosed
Default Re: Circumcision of small boys banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by deej2005 View Post
you're comparing apples to oranges here. you do realize that circumcision in the phillippines is conducted around the time of puberty, which deviates from most western nations where it occurs a few days after birth. but hey, you're clearly not concerned with the truth.
Puberty is still underage.

And feel free to ignore the second studies I posted. Or all of the other studies that can be easily found online.

But hey, you're clearly not concerned with the truth.

Gone because of excessive trolling
EvaNL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 18th, 2018, 01:16 PM   #106
Adamant
Nice Poster
 
Adamant's Forum Picture
 
Name: Adam
Join Date: October 17, 2018
Location: London
Gender: Male
Blog Entries: 1
Default Re: Circumcision of small boys banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvaNL View Post
"Male genital mutilation (MGM), often referred to as 'male circumcision', comprises all procedures involving partial or total removal of the external male genitalia or other injury to the male genital organs whether for cultural, religious or other non-therapeutic reasons."

It is what it is. Mutilation.
An extreme quote. Not sure why that person compares circumcision with the removal of the whole penis and calls the lot mutilation. I have by that definition been mutilated. The doctor thought he was doiing a good thing for me as I was cut for medical reasons and I think he was too. Am I being mutilated if I have a painful tooth pulled out?

I wouldn't circumcise a son unless it was for medical reasons but not sure its a good idea to ban it just like that and make jews and Muslims criminals if they want to folow their religion.
Adamant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 18th, 2018, 01:40 PM   #107
EvaNL
Nice Poster
 
Name: Goodbye
Join Date: February 23, 2017
Gender: Undisclosed
Default Re: Circumcision of small boys banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamant View Post
An extreme quote. Not sure why that person compares circumcision with the removal of the whole penis and calls the lot mutilation. I have by that definition been mutilated. The doctor thought he was doiing a good thing for me as I was cut for medical reasons and I think he was too.
The quote clearly states "whether for ... other non-therapeutic reasons". If your circumcision was for medical reasons, it was therefor therapeutic and not mutilation. Also, you agreed to the procedure.
I've said this entire thread that necessary medical procedures are fine.
Quote:
Am I being mutilated if I have a painful tooth pulled out?
Depends. If it happens for medical reasons and you agree to the treatment not. If you are being held against your will and it is pulled without your consent, it is.

Gone because of excessive trolling
EvaNL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 21st, 2018, 04:08 AM   #108
Uniquemind
VT Lover
 
Join Date: April 1, 2015
Location: USA
Gender: Other
Default Re: Circumcision of small boys banned

Okay I gots to ask this cuz it makes no sense about violating Judaism because the OT has tons of animal sacrifices on a per sin basis, and not only that but the Jewish faith is not unified.

For instance there’s Orthodox Jews that consider even touching a woman makes you unclean and even marital couples who have sex have to go through a cleansing period before reentering their village.


So like aren’t the tenants of Judaism already violated just based on the way the modern world developed with science and technology?


The same goes for other abrahamic religions too; and I didn’t even get into a christianity which is Judaism but they just accept the NT as well as the OT, and then you have the mystic versions of those faiths.


Why is circumcision being allowed or not the crux of the argument about religious right’s being respected or not?
Uniquemind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 23rd, 2018, 04:55 AM   #109
Gay Paul
Junior Member+
 
Join Date: December 12, 2014
Gender: Male
Default Re: Circumcision of small boys banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by deej2005 View Post
I prefer not to pretend that I'm expert like a lot of people on here. I think that german_boy provided some examples from where he lived.

You know for a lesbian, you seem strangely concerned with penises.

I still stand by my theory that this has nothing to do with circumcisions and everything to do with banning muslims.
But Muslim extremist do really bad things, pouring acid on women face who dared to not wear hijab, doing bombing on Christmas feast killing LGBT within their own ranks should I continue my boy?

Such things only fuel far-right agenda, and saddest things that those assholes might be right on that particular thing

And boy penis should by boy choice and what they like to do with it! as long it's not risk of acciedntial pragnency because only it this case IS VERY PARENT BUSINESS!
Likes: (2)
Gay Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 27th, 2018, 12:43 PM   #110
Adamant
Nice Poster
 
Adamant's Forum Picture
 
Name: Adam
Join Date: October 17, 2018
Location: London
Gender: Male
Blog Entries: 1
Default Re: Circumcision of small boys banned

Getting back on topic and hating to argue against myself but i saw i the news a few days ago that a baby in Italy died from loss of blood after a messed up circumcision. I dont want to ban them all but that is scary.
Adamant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 29th, 2018, 03:24 AM   #111
Dav1d
Member
 
Dav1d's Forum Picture
 
Name: David
Join Date: December 10, 2018
Location: Seattle, WA
Age: 13
Gender: Male
Default Re: Circumcision of small boys banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gay Paul View Post
But Muslim extremist do really bad things, pouring acid on women face who dared to not wear hijab, doing bombing on Christmas feast killing LGBT within their own ranks should I continue my boy?

Such things only fuel far-right agenda, and saddest things that those assholes might be right on that particular thing

And boy penis should by boy choice and what they like to do with it! as long it's not risk of acciedntial pragnency because only it this case IS VERY PARENT BUSINESS!
lol @ "my boy"

extremists can be found in every culture. your answer is to ban an entire relgion. because that will end well.
Dav1d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 29th, 2018, 08:11 PM   #112
ChrisA1998
Member++
 
Name: Chris
Join Date: February 12, 2013
Location: UK
Gender: Male
Default Re: Circumcision of small boys banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvaNL View Post
https://epublications.bond.edu.au/hss_pubs/114/
In this studies 51% of circumcised boys qualify for PTSD.

https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/...99.0830s1085.x
"Emotional distress, manifesting as intrusive thoughts about one’s circumcision, included feelings of mutilation (60%), low self-esteem/inferiority to intact men (50%),genital dysmorphia (55%), rage (52%), resentment/depression (59%), violation (46%), or parental betrayal(30%)."
Sorry luv, but your studies are giant pile of nothing...

for the first : what is the so called ptsd exactly ? nobody knows.
what are the syndroms ? They dont say. That's words and that's all. no concrete explaination whatsoever

and for the second, the study itself states : "Respondents may not currently represent the average male circumcised in childhood"
So how much is that study representative ? we dont know either
How were the responders chosen ? we dont know either. I wouldn't be surprised if they were chosen from some "intactivist" organization
if 60% of circumcised men really felt mutilated or inferior, I dont think circumcision would have been lasting for milleniums...
ChrisA1998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 30th, 2018, 07:00 PM   #113
Diable rouge
Nice Poster
 
Diable rouge's Forum Picture
 
Name: Pseudo
Join Date: December 3, 2018
Location: 🇪🇺 European Union 🇪🇺
Gender: Male
Default Re: Circumcision of small boys banned

I think your government is right and all should do the same. I don't see how inflicting this to babies and children can be allowed - unless medical reason - whereas no significant benefit has been proven, if at all - and that there can also be disadvantages.

If guys want to be circumcised, they could still be when being an adult, and they should not impose their opinion to children.
Diable rouge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 4th, 2019, 09:52 PM   #114
BrutallyHonest
New Member
 
Join Date: January 4, 2019
Location: Not telling
Gender: Male
Default Re: Circumcision of small boys banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by german_boy View Post
Circumcision of boys is way different from female genital mutilation. It's nothing that can be compared.

There are different ways of fgm, all involve the (partial) removal of the clit. It's done for cultural reasons for taking away girls' pleasure. If you compare the anatomy of a boy and a girl on the embryo, the anatomy of the primary sexual organs is identical until a certain stage. If you would perform the same on boys, you would have to cut off their glans.

What is done during male circumcisions is the removal of a part of the foreskin which is identical to a removal of the clit hood for girls. Some girls do it for aesthetic reasons, it doesn't interfere with the ability to have sexual pleasure.

However, I get your point. What if a boy doesn't like it when he's older. That's why there has been a discussion in my country as well, eventually ending up in a new law that generally allows circumcisions for religious reasons, if being performed by a professional (not any religious circumciser).

Our constitution guarantees some fundamental rights such as the religious freedom, the freedom to educate and the right of the physical integrity. Our government has decided that the first rights outweigh the last one. Sadly, our constitutional court hasn't decided on this law, this would clarify whether it conforms with our constitution or not.

The main reason for the liberal law was the complaint of Jewish organizations and the fear of the politicians to be antisemitic. I don't think it's antisemitic to decide a law that protects the integrity of childrens' bodies. Nevertheless, I think it's been a good idea to allow it to parents.

If you would prohibit it, some parents would do it anyway. If no doctor performed it, they would let non-professionals do it, with high risks for the boys. Or they would simply do "holiday circumcisions" (that's a critical thing for girls from cultures that still perform fgm).
The truth is, boys are circumcised due to anti-masturbation, same with girls. The boys form is the only one that really took off.
BrutallyHonest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2019, 04:54 AM   #115
Adamant
Nice Poster
 
Adamant's Forum Picture
 
Name: Adam
Join Date: October 17, 2018
Location: London
Gender: Male
Blog Entries: 1
Default Re: Circumcision of small boys banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrutallyHonest View Post
The truth is, boys are circumcised due to anti-masturbation, same with girls. The boys form is the only one that really took off.
That doesnt make sense.
Circumcision doesnt stop masturbation. Plenty of evidence in the puberty forums.
Circumcision just removes the skin not the penis!
Adamant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2019, 01:06 AM   #116
Max the Disenchanter
Nice Poster
 
Max the Disenchanter's Forum Picture
 
Name: Max
Join Date: November 25, 2017
Location: NYC
Age: 17
Gender: Male
Blog Entries: 1
Default Re: Circumcision of small boys banned

All this fake outrage disgusts me.
Max the Disenchanter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2019, 09:44 AM   #117
Pultost
Mushroom Lover
 
Pultost's Forum Picture
 
Name: Anita
Join Date: May 15, 2018
Location: Norway
Age: 15
Gender: Female
Default Re: Circumcision of small boys banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamant View Post
Getting back on topic and hating to argue against myself but i saw i the news a few days ago that a baby in Italy died from loss of blood after a messed up circumcision. I dont want to ban them all but that is scary.
That is awful. Just one more reason why people shouldn't mess around with body parts that's supposed to be there.

You know the feeling when the steaks are on the grill, and your mouth is watering. Do vegans feel the same when they mow the lawn?
Pultost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2019, 09:04 PM   #118
jamie_n5
VT Lover
 
jamie_n5's Forum Picture
 
Name: Jamie
Join Date: June 27, 2016
Location: Minnesota
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Blog Entries: 2
Default Re: Circumcision of small boys banned

Sorry to bump this one but I can't believe I have never commented before now.

I wish that the USA would ban all circumcisions too except for medical or religious reasons. There is no sense or reason to circumcise boys. We were born with it and should be able to decide ourselves whether or not we want to keep our foreskins.

I am gay and happy with that.
I love talking to people very open & willing to listen.
I am also glad to try help with questions or problems.
Hit me up for anything. I promise I don't bite.
jamie_n5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 18th, 2019, 07:45 AM   #119
Pultost
Mushroom Lover
 
Pultost's Forum Picture
 
Name: Anita
Join Date: May 15, 2018
Location: Norway
Age: 15
Gender: Female
Default Re: Circumcision of small boys banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamie_n5 View Post
Sorry to bump this one but I can't believe I have never commented before now.

I wish that the USA would ban all circumcisions too except for medical or religious reasons. There is no sense or reason to circumcise boys. We were born with it and should be able to decide ourselves whether or not we want to keep our foreskins.
That shit should be banned anywhere, medical reasons should be the only excuse.

You know the feeling when the steaks are on the grill, and your mouth is watering. Do vegans feel the same when they mow the lawn?
Pultost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2019, 05:06 PM   #120
Rick Astley Is God
New Member
 
Join Date: November 13, 2018
Location: Canada
Age: 15
Gender: Male
Default Re: Circumcision of small boys banned

A correctly done circumcision has nothing but benefits.

Hands are just feet for your arms.
Rick Astley Is God is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:45 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright©2000 - 2019
Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 2004 - 2018, VirtualTeen.org