Virtual Teen Forums
 

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 14th, 2019, 08:03 PM   #21
PlasmaHam
Awesome Poster
 
PlasmaHam's Forum Picture
 
Join Date: July 7, 2016
Location: Irrationality
Gender: Male
Default Re: Girls asking out boys

If you aren't comfortable asking the guy out (be it tradition or just nerves) then the best route would be to send stronger signals to him that you are interested, to the point where there should be no doubt in his mind about it. A good idea would be to invite him to a group get-together with your other friends. Would show that you value his company and give you a chance to talk to him, without the awkwardness of a date.
Likes: (1)
PlasmaHam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2019, 09:12 PM   #22
Zika
Member+
 
Join Date: November 17, 2018
Gender: Undisclosed
Blog Entries: 1
Default Re: Girls asking out boys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara. View Post
I have never done it as I and my mom is what they call old school. We feel that the boy should make the first move asking the girl out,first kiss and being a gentleman. Maybe that's to much to ask for in a boy.
Under the heading of 'old school' roles, I think a woman should fix her man a sandwich and get him a beer while he's watching the game on tv; be a real woman. Maybe that's too much to ask for in a girl.

Last edited by Zika; January 14th, 2019 at 09:28 PM.
Zika is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 15th, 2019, 05:27 AM   #23
karacoustic
Member++
 
karacoustic's Forum Picture
 
Name: Kara
Join Date: December 10, 2018
Location: Indiana
Age: 15
Gender: Female
Blog Entries: 2
Default Re: Girls asking out boys

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlasmaHam View Post
If you aren't comfortable asking the guy out (be it tradition or just nerves) then the best route would be to send stronger signals to him that you are interested, to the point where there should be no doubt in his mind about it. A good idea would be to invite him to a group get-together with your other friends. Would show that you value his company and give you a chance to talk to him, without the awkwardness of a date.
This is a fine idea too. Headed out to school soon. We'll see what the day holds!!
Likes: (1)
karacoustic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 15th, 2019, 06:15 PM   #24
Oscar2005
Nice Poster
 
Name: Oscar
Join Date: June 16, 2018
Location: UK
Age: 13
Gender: Male
Default Re: Girls asking out boys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara. View Post
I have never done it as I and my mom is what they call old school. We feel that the boy should make the first move asking the girl out,first kiss and being a gentleman. Maybe that's to much to ask for in a boy.
Or maybe you have a crush on a boy but he hasn't quite noticed you yet because he doesn't really know you... So you go talk to him and when he starts to know you he appreciates you back, like 'hey, I didn't know this girl before, but she is really cool. Maybe I should find out some lore about her'
And something may happen...

Or you can do nothing. And nothing will happen between you for sure...
Oscar2005 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 16th, 2019, 11:57 PM   #25
karacoustic
Member++
 
karacoustic's Forum Picture
 
Name: Kara
Join Date: December 10, 2018
Location: Indiana
Age: 15
Gender: Female
Blog Entries: 2
Default Re: Girls asking out boys

Well yesterday i chikened out, totally froze up!!! But today i did it... well my bestie kinda forced me. During lunch she said, "well if you won't do it i guess i gotta ask him out for you." And made to get up and head towards him. She was joking... I THINK. If you knew her you would know she is different than me. Very outgoing and i would not put it past her to actually do it. So i stopped her. "NOOOOOO!! DON'T YOU DARE." lol So... i did it. I said, "hey, was wondering, you wanna go to a movie with me this weekend??" He responded, "OH. like... a date?" And i said, "ummmm yea." There was an awkard pause. "I like you, Kara, but i don't LIKE like you.... sorry. But i like that we are friends." Another awkward pause. I didn't know what to say. "Okay.... cya". My friends were like oh it is his loss. But omg i felt so silly.

So yea just thought i would let you know...

Last edited by karacoustic; January 17th, 2019 at 12:01 AM.
Likes: (2)
karacoustic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2019, 11:56 AM   #26
arnorway
Member++
 
Name: Arne
Join Date: December 20, 2018
Location: Norway
Age: 13
Gender: Male
Default Re: Girls asking out boys

Quote:
Originally Posted by karacoustic View Post
Well yesterday i chikened out, totally froze up!!! But today i did it... well my bestie kinda forced me. During lunch she said, "well if you won't do it i guess i gotta ask him out for you." And made to get up and head towards him. She was joking... I THINK. If you knew her you would know she is different than me. Very outgoing and i would not put it past her to actually do it. So i stopped her. "NOOOOOO!! DON'T YOU DARE." lol So... i did it. I said, "hey, was wondering, you wanna go to a movie with me this weekend??" He responded, "OH. like... a date?" And i said, "ummmm yea." There was an awkard pause. "I like you, Kara, but i don't LIKE like you.... sorry. But i like that we are friends." Another awkward pause. I didn't know what to say. "Okay.... cya". My friends were like oh it is his loss. But omg i felt so silly.

So yea just thought i would let you know...
i am really sorry to hear! i know you wanted him to say yes, and so everyone on here did for you, i think
but no need to feel silly hope you don't feel like it any longer! nothing silly or bad happened, even if it isn't the outcome you wished for
and i am sure it is his loss too, for sure

open to chat in pm
arnorway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2019, 02:26 PM   #27
Oscar2005
Nice Poster
 
Name: Oscar
Join Date: June 16, 2018
Location: UK
Age: 13
Gender: Male
Default Re: Girls asking out boys

Quote:
Originally Posted by karacoustic View Post
But omg i felt so silly.

So yea just thought i would let you know...
You dont have to feel silly. He just was'nt meant for you.
Dont worry, there are plenty of other cool and sweet boys. I'm sure you will find one that suits you

As a friend says "there are plenty of other fishes in the sea..."
Oscar2005 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2019, 03:29 PM   #28
Maxbreak
Member+
 
Maxbreak's Forum Picture
 
Name: Max
Join Date: December 2, 2018
Gender: Male
Default Re: Girls asking out boys

Quote:
Originally Posted by karacoustic View Post
Well yesterday i chikened out, totally froze up!!! But today i did it... well my bestie kinda forced me. During lunch she said, "well if you won't do it i guess i gotta ask him out for you." And made to get up and head towards him. She was joking... I THINK. If you knew her you would know she is different than me. Very outgoing and i would not put it past her to actually do it. So i stopped her. "NOOOOOO!! DON'T YOU DARE." lol So... i did it. I said, "hey, was wondering, you wanna go to a movie with me this weekend??" He responded, "OH. like... a date?" And i said, "ummmm yea." There was an awkard pause. "I like you, Kara, but i don't LIKE like you.... sorry. But i like that we are friends." Another awkward pause. I didn't know what to say. "Okay.... cya". My friends were like oh it is his loss. But omg i felt so silly.

So yea just thought i would let you know...
Quote:
Originally Posted by arnorway View Post
i am really sorry to hear! i know you wanted him to say yes, and so everyone on here did for you, i think
but no need to feel silly hope you don't feel like it any longer! nothing silly or bad happened, even if it isn't the outcome you wished for
and i am sure it is his loss too, for sure
Agreed with Arn. As long as you're still friends. U tried. There's a saying from an old comedy I like "he who dares wins" (OK in this case she!). If you never try you will never know. Maybe the next boy....
Maxbreak is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2019, 08:19 PM   #29
karacoustic
Member++
 
karacoustic's Forum Picture
 
Name: Kara
Join Date: December 10, 2018
Location: Indiana
Age: 15
Gender: Female
Blog Entries: 2
Default Re: Girls asking out boys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscar2005 View Post
You dont have to feel silly. He just was'nt meant for you.
Dont worry, there are plenty of other cool and sweet boys. I'm sure you will find one that suits you

As a friend says "there are plenty of other fishes in the sea..."
Quote:
Originally Posted by arnorway View Post
i am really sorry to hear! i know you wanted him to say yes, and so everyone on here did for you, i think
but no need to feel silly hope you don't feel like it any longer! nothing silly or bad happened, even if it isn't the outcome you wished for
and i am sure it is his loss too, for sure
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxbreak View Post
Agreed with Arn. As long as you're still friends. U tried. There's a saying from an old comedy I like "he who dares wins" (OK in this case she!). If you never try you will never know. Maybe the next boy....
Thanks you guys! Yea i mean it is now kinda awkward seeing him in classes and hallway and stuff, but yea at least i don't have to wonder what if or hate in myself for never saying anything. Looking back i can tell during that silence before that he was trying to think of a way to say it that would not hurt ny feelings too much. So sweet. Part of the reason why i like him so much!

Last edited by karacoustic; January 17th, 2019 at 08:20 PM. Reason: Typo
Likes: (1)
karacoustic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 18th, 2019, 07:11 AM   #30
arnorway
Member++
 
Name: Arne
Join Date: December 20, 2018
Location: Norway
Age: 13
Gender: Male
Default Re: Girls asking out boys

Quote:
Originally Posted by karacoustic View Post
Thanks you guys! Yea i mean it is now kinda awkward seeing him in classes and hallway and stuff, but yea at least i don't have to wonder what if or hate in myself for never saying anything. Looking back i can tell during that silence before that he was trying to think of a way to say it that would not hurt ny feelings too much. So sweet. Part of the reason why i like him so much!
i'm glad he tried not to hurt your feelings, which makes me sure he will not want it to be awkward, or at least not do anything that would make it that for long

open to chat in pm
Likes: (1)
arnorway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 04:27 AM   #31
Oscar2005
Nice Poster
 
Name: Oscar
Join Date: June 16, 2018
Location: UK
Age: 13
Gender: Male
Default Re: Girls asking out boys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zika View Post
Under the heading of 'old school' roles, I think a woman should fix her man a sandwich and get him a beer while he's watching the game on tv; be a real woman. Maybe that's too much to ask for in a girl.
That was a little harsh
But not untrue I admit
Oscar2005 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 04:26 PM   #32
PositiveVibes
Junior Member+
 
Name: Zak
Join Date: January 23, 2016
Location: England
Gender: Male
Default Re: Girls asking out boys

Quote:
Originally Posted by karacoustic View Post
Hetero girls... or bi girls.... have you asked boys out? If yes, how did it go?

Boys, do you like when girls do that or the idea of such a thing?? I.... might do that because there is a guy i like but he doesn't seem to pick up my signals! but OMG i am so nervous just thinking about it!! I guess that is how you feel huh??
Do it!
PositiveVibes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:31 PM   #33
sand900
New Member
 
Join Date: January 19, 2019
Gender: Male
Default Re: Girls asking out boys

If she is my type then I wouldn't mind
sand900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:33 PM   #34
Zika
Member+
 
Join Date: November 17, 2018
Gender: Undisclosed
Blog Entries: 1
Default Re: Girls asking out boys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscar2005 View Post
That was a little harsh
But not untrue I admit
How was that harsh? I simply took @Barbara.'s lead and used the male/female version of what she said. Interestingly, though not surprisingly, she hasn't responded
Zika is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:49 PM   #35
Barbara.
Awesome Poster
 
Barbara.'s Forum Picture
 
Name: Barb
Join Date: June 23, 2016
Location: In a home of love
Age: 15
Gender: Female
Default Re: Girls asking out boys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zika View Post
How was that harsh? I simply took @Barbara.'s lead and used the male/female version of what she said. Interestingly, though not surprisingly, she hasn't responded
I have not responded because this is not a debate,but simply replying to the question.

Barbara. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:04 PM   #36
Zika
Member+
 
Join Date: November 17, 2018
Gender: Undisclosed
Blog Entries: 1
Default Re: Girls asking out boys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara. View Post
I have not responded because this is not a debate,but simply replying to the question.
Excellent excuse.
Zika is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:27 PM   #37
karacoustic
Member++
 
karacoustic's Forum Picture
 
Name: Kara
Join Date: December 10, 2018
Location: Indiana
Age: 15
Gender: Female
Blog Entries: 2
Default Re: Girls asking out boys

Quote:
Originally Posted by PositiveVibes View Post
Do it!
I did! Scroll up!!
karacoustic is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:12 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright©2000 - 2019
Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 2004 - 2018, VirtualTeen.org