Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old January 14th, 2019, 08:03 PM   #21
PlasmaHam
Awesome Poster

PlasmaHam's Forum Picture

Default Re: Girls asking out boys

If you aren't comfortable asking the guy out (be it tradition or just nerves) then the best route would be to send stronger signals to him that you are interested, to the point where there should be no doubt in his mind about it. A good idea would be to invite him to a group get-together with your other friends. Would show that you value his company and give you a chance to talk to him, without the awkwardness of a date.
PlasmaHam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2019, 09:12 PM   #22
Zika
Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara. View Post
I have never done it as I and my mom is what they call old school. We feel that the boy should make the first move asking the girl out,first kiss and being a gentleman. Maybe that's to much to ask for in a boy.
Under the heading of 'old school' roles, I think a woman should fix her man a sandwich and get him a beer while he's watching the game on tv; be a real woman. Maybe that's too much to ask for in a girl.

Last edited by Zika; January 14th, 2019 at 09:28 PM.
Zika is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 15th, 2019, 05:27 AM   #23
karacoustic
Member++

karacoustic's Forum Picture

Name: Kara

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlasmaHam View Post
If you aren't comfortable asking the guy out (be it tradition or just nerves) then the best route would be to send stronger signals to him that you are interested, to the point where there should be no doubt in his mind about it. A good idea would be to invite him to a group get-together with your other friends. Would show that you value his company and give you a chance to talk to him, without the awkwardness of a date.
This is a fine idea too. Headed out to school soon. We'll see what the day holds!!
karacoustic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 15th, 2019, 06:15 PM   #24
Oscar2005
Nice Poster

Name: Oscar

Quote:
I have never done it as I and my mom is what they call old school. We feel that the boy should make the first move asking the girl out,first kiss and being a gentleman. Maybe that's to much to ask for in a boy.
Or maybe you have a crush on a boy but he hasn't quite noticed you yet because he doesn't really know you... So you go talk to him and when he starts to know you he appreciates you back, like 'hey, I didn't know this girl before, but she is really cool. Maybe I should find out some lore about her'
And something may happen...

Or you can do nothing. And nothing will happen between you for sure...
Oscar2005 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 16th, 2019, 11:57 PM   #25
karacoustic
Member++

Well yesterday i chikened out, totally froze up!!! But today i did it... well my bestie kinda forced me. During lunch she said, "well if you won't do it i guess i gotta ask him out for you." And made to get up and head towards him. She was joking... I THINK. If you knew her you would know she is different than me. Very outgoing and i would not put it past her to actually do it. So i stopped her. "NOOOOOO!! DON'T YOU DARE." lol So... i did it. I said, "hey, was wondering, you wanna go to a movie with me this weekend??" He responded, "OH. like... a date?" And i said, "ummmm yea." There was an awkard pause. "I like you, Kara, but i don't LIKE like you.... sorry. But i like that we are friends." Another awkward pause. I didn't know what to say. "Okay.... cya". My friends were like oh it is his loss. But omg i felt so silly.

So yea just thought i would let you know...

Last edited by karacoustic; January 17th, 2019 at 12:01 AM.
Old January 17th, 2019, 11:56 AM   #26
arnorway
Member++

Name: Arne

Quote:
Originally Posted by karacoustic View Post
Well yesterday i chikened out, totally froze up!!! But today i did it... well my bestie kinda forced me. During lunch she said, "well if you won't do it i guess i gotta ask him out for you." And made to get up and head towards him. She was joking... I THINK. If you knew her you would know she is different than me. Very outgoing and i would not put it past her to actually do it. So i stopped her. "NOOOOOO!! DON'T YOU DARE." lol So... i did it. I said, "hey, was wondering, you wanna go to a movie with me this weekend??" He responded, "OH. like... a date?" And i said, "ummmm yea." There was an awkard pause. "I like you, Kara, but i don't LIKE like you.... sorry. But i like that we are friends." Another awkward pause. I didn't know what to say. "Okay.... cya". My friends were like oh it is his loss. But omg i felt so silly.

i am really sorry to hear! i know you wanted him to say yes, and so everyone on here did for you, i think
but no need to feel silly hope you don't feel like it any longer! nothing silly or bad happened, even if it isn't the outcome you wished for
and i am sure it is his loss too, for sure

open to chat in pm
arnorway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2019, 02:26 PM   #27
Oscar2005
Nice Poster

Quote:
But omg i felt so silly.

You dont have to feel silly. He just was'nt meant for you.
Dont worry, there are plenty of other cool and sweet boys. I'm sure you will find one that suits you

As a friend says "there are plenty of other fishes in the sea..."
Old January 17th, 2019, 03:29 PM   #28
Maxbreak
Member+

Maxbreak's Forum Picture

Name: Max

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by arnorway View Post
i am really sorry to hear! i know you wanted him to say yes, and so everyone on here did for you, i think
but no need to feel silly hope you don't feel like it any longer! nothing silly or bad happened, even if it isn't the outcome you wished for
Agreed with Arn. As long as you're still friends. U tried. There's a saying from an old comedy I like "he who dares wins" (OK in this case she!). If you never try you will never know. Maybe the next boy....
Maxbreak is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2019, 08:19 PM   #29
karacoustic
Member++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscar2005 View Post
You dont have to feel silly. He just was'nt meant for you.
Dont worry, there are plenty of other cool and sweet boys. I'm sure you will find one that suits you

As a friend says "there are plenty of other fishes in the sea..."
Quote:
Originally Posted by arnorway View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxbreak View Post
Agreed with Arn. As long as you're still friends. U tried. There's a saying from an old comedy I like "he who dares wins" (OK in this case she!). If you never try you will never know. Maybe the next boy....
Thanks you guys! Yea i mean it is now kinda awkward seeing him in classes and hallway and stuff, but yea at least i don't have to wonder what if or hate in myself for never saying anything. Looking back i can tell during that silence before that he was trying to think of a way to say it that would not hurt ny feelings too much. So sweet. Part of the reason why i like him so much!

Last edited by karacoustic; January 17th, 2019 at 08:20 PM. Reason: Typo
Old January 18th, 2019, 07:11 AM   #30
arnorway
Member++

Name: Arne

Quote:
Thanks you guys! Yea i mean it is now kinda awkward seeing him in classes and hallway and stuff, but yea at least i don't have to wonder what if or hate in myself for never saying anything. Looking back i can tell during that silence before that he was trying to think of a way to say it that would not hurt ny feelings too much. So sweet. Part of the reason why i like him so much!
i'm glad he tried not to hurt your feelings, which makes me sure he will not want it to be awkward, or at least not do anything that would make it that for long

open to chat in pm
arnorway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 04:27 AM   #31
Oscar2005
Nice Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zika View Post
Under the heading of 'old school' roles, I think a woman should fix her man a sandwich and get him a beer while he's watching the game on tv; be a real woman. Maybe that's too much to ask for in a girl.
That was a little harsh
But not untrue I admit
Old Yesterday, 04:26 PM   #32
PositiveVibes
Junior Member+

Name: Zak

Quote:
Hetero girls... or bi girls.... have you asked boys out? If yes, how did it go?

Boys, do you like when girls do that or the idea of such a thing?? I.... might do that because there is a guy i like but he doesn't seem to pick up my signals! but OMG i am so nervous just thinking about it!! I guess that is how you feel huh??
Do it!
PositiveVibes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:31 PM   #33
sand900

If she is my type then I wouldn't mind
sand900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:33 PM   #34
Zika
Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscar2005 View Post
That was a little harsh
But not untrue I admit
How was that harsh? I simply took @Barbara.'s lead and used the male/female version of what she said. Interestingly, though not surprisingly, she hasn't responded
Old Yesterday, 07:49 PM   #35
Barbara.
Awesome Poster

Barbara.'s Forum Picture

Name: Barb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zika View Post
How was that harsh? I simply took @Barbara.'s lead and used the male/female version of what she said. Interestingly, though not surprisingly, she hasn't responded
I have not responded because this is not a debate,but simply replying to the question.

Barbara. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:04 PM   #36
Zika
Member+

Quote:
I have not responded because this is not a debate,but simply replying to the question.
Excellent excuse.
Old Yesterday, 08:27 PM   #37
karacoustic
Member++

Quote:
Originally Posted by PositiveVibes View Post
Do it!
I did! Scroll up!!