Virtual Teen Forums
 

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 1st, 2007, 07:23 PM   #1
guitarro
Member
 
guitarro's Forum Picture
 
Join Date: September 26, 2004
Location: chicago
Age: 27
Default "Natural" drugs, specificly pot ARE addicting

for everyone who thinks that pot isn't addicting, it is. If you use any form of substance to manage stress, you will eventually get addicted. Pot itself does not have any addictive chemicals in it, which is why everyone think it isnt addicting. another thought people have is that it's natural, actually all drugs are natural. cocaine comes from the coca plant, heroin comes from the poppi plant, and shrooms come from cow shit. they may be "natural" but they still have chemicals in them that are bad. everyone thinks shrooms and weed are fine cuz they are natural. they are still bad. hallucinagents are the worst of all, even though shrooms are "natural". when you use shrooms, it's chemicals store in your spine, the same as lsd, and if you crack your back on accident, youll start to trip again (clinically its called a "flashback". im not sure for the numbers on shrooms, but after using lsd 4 times you are clinically insane. Some people who have used lsd are in mental institutions because their immunity to the drug was high enough to snap them out of the trip. the myth of weed being natural and not addicting is false too. the biggest side affects of weed are various forms of anxiety (anxiety, insomnia, etc). The high you get from pot is sedation, an anti-anxiety. so when you smoke it, you induce a cycle of getting anxious, coping with it with bud, getting anxious again, and so on and so forth. Yes, will power can prevent addiction, but only to a certain point. Nobody can positively know exactly how much will they have, just like you dont know exactly how high your gonna get off of a drug. addiction isnt a personality trait, its a surprise. A drug being "natural" does not make it any better than any other drug
guitarro is offline  
Old January 1st, 2007, 08:55 PM   #2
Break the Cage
Member++
 
Break the Cage's Forum Picture
 
Join Date: October 19, 2006
Default Re: "Natural" drugs, specificly pot ARE addicting

Ok I'm gonna break this big lump of bullshit down.
Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarro View Post
for everyone who thinks that pot isn't addicting, it is.
Cannabis can be mentally, but not physically addictive. It can become a 'lifestyle habit' if you will, you cannot however become dependent on it physically.
Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarro View Post
hallucinagents are the worst of all
Again, bullshit, downers are the worst of all, most likely to kill you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarro View Post
when you use shrooms, it's chemicals store in your spine, the same as lsd, and if you crack your back on accident, youll start to trip again
Wrong, this is a common myth, no chemicals are stored in your spine.
Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarro View Post
but after using lsd 4 times you are clinically insane.
Couldn't be more wrong, plenty of people use LSD every month or even every week and still lead a normal, sane life. Nothing wrong with a bit of fun
Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarro View Post
Some people who have used lsd are in mental institutions because their immunity to the drug was high enough to snap them out of the trip.
Is it just me or did that make no sence?
Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarro View Post
just like you dont know exactly how high your gonna get off of a drug.
One of my main arguments for legalization, people would know exactly what they are getting and they would be able to use substances safely.
Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarro View Post
addiction isnt a personality trait
...you sure about that one? .
Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarro View Post
A drug being "natural" does not make it any better than any other drug
Well it does, because it greatly limits the chance of it being cut with something dodgy which is likely to harm/kill the user.

Anything else to add?
Break the Cage is offline  
Old January 1st, 2007, 09:16 PM   #3
guitarro
Member
 
guitarro's Forum Picture
 
Join Date: September 26, 2004
Location: chicago
Age: 27
Default Re: "Natural" drugs, specificly pot ARE addicting

bud can too be physically addicting, and if you would like ill like ill link you to sites were u can find everything i said is correct. i dont know were u got ur information from, but i just got out of rehab. every day for 28 days they had drug education for 3 hours. way to be naive.
guitarro is offline  
Old January 1st, 2007, 09:58 PM   #4
Physicist
Banned
 
Physicist's Forum Picture
 
Join Date: June 12, 2006
Gender: Undisclosed
Default Re: "Natural" drugs, specificly pot ARE addicting

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarro View Post
bud can too be physically addicting, and if you would like ill like ill link you to sites were u can find everything i said is correct. i dont know were u got ur information from, but i just got out of rehab. every day for 28 days they had drug education for 3 hours. way to be naive.

Excuse me guitarro... I really appreciate some of the things you have been posting. Really, it shows what can happen in the worst case scenario with many drugs. That's great to inform people. But also remember that you may be a little extreme or biased since you have developed a strong opposition to drugs. Also, about the information you received in rehab... well just like drug advocates will overlook some of the negatives of drugs, people with strong opposition to drugs are likely to "stretch the truth" if you will, to help prove their point. Especially about the information of flashbacks, much of this is not proven and is based upon speculation and theory, not hard facts. Again, you have been a great contributer to the Drugs and Meds forum and I'm glad to have you, just consider what I have just said.
Physicist is offline  
Old January 1st, 2007, 10:01 PM   #5
serial-thrilla
VT Lover
 
Join Date: February 5, 2005
Location: Ontario Canada
Gender: Male
Default Re: "Natural" drugs, specificly pot ARE addicting

yes some of your information is good, but some of it is just not true.
serial-thrilla is offline  
Old January 1st, 2007, 10:19 PM   #6
Skhorpion
Awesome Poster
 
Join Date: October 17, 2005
Location: Middle Tennessee
Age: 25
Gender: Male
Default Re: "Natural" drugs, specificly pot ARE addicting

Yeah....right.

One: The marijuana plant is in no way physically addicting. If you smoke weed everyday for a month and suddently get cut off, you will probably want more, but you wont be sitting in the bathtub throwing up on yourself and shaking from the cold chills. Every drug is mentally addictive, few are physcially.

Two: NOBODY has a natural immunity to any hallucinogen. You cannot "snap" out of a trip by your bodys own chems. There are drugs to end a trip short or calm yourself down yes, but in no way shape or form will you suddenly stop tripping, unless you are murdered, then its something completely different.

Three: Shrooms dont only come from cow shit, some are found growing out of rotten logs.

Four: In no way shape or form is any chemical from a hallucinogen stored in your spine. It is processed around your body a bit, does some receptor foolin in your brain, and gets metabolized into something else by your liver.

Five: If i have done said drug before, i WILL know how high, or low in the case of downers, I will get off of it. 30mg oxycodone will give me the same trip again and again until i either ingest it a different way or develop a tolerance, in which case i will just take more to get desired results, within the safe limit for my liver of course.

Six: To add to five: If your taking pharms, xanax, hydrocodone, oxycodone, etc. How the fuck do you think doctors can prescribe you stuff if they dont know how much of X drug will have X effects? Its called measuring. www.google.com <-- use that and look up "Scale"

All is fair in love and war.
Skhorpion is offline  
Old January 2nd, 2007, 01:15 PM   #7
Break the Cage
Member++
 
Break the Cage's Forum Picture
 
Join Date: October 19, 2006
Default Re: "Natural" drugs, specificly pot ARE addicting

I think me and rent 2 pwn covered most stuff there
You are wrong about cannabis being physically addictive though.
Haha you got your information from rehab? That explains a lot, rehab clinics are there to get people off drugs, so they make things up, bend the truth etc to scare you. If you think it doesn't happen then you are the naive one. I can assure you my information is correct, and yours (mostly) isn't.
I trust science over rehab clinics, as one is extreeeeeeemly bias, ill let you guess which.
Break the Cage is offline  
Old January 2nd, 2007, 02:03 PM   #8
guitarro
Member
 
guitarro's Forum Picture
 
Join Date: September 26, 2004
Location: chicago
Age: 27
Default Re: "Natural" drugs, specificly pot ARE addicting

alright dumbass, i said in my post that marijuana has no addicting substances in it, i was refferring it to be highly mentally addicting for one, i said put physical in there on accident, so you are right about that one. 2, chemicals from mushrooms and lsd ARE stored in your spine, thats why they dont come up on piss tests, if u do some research, a spinal tap is needed to figure out if someone has used lsd or shrooms. And my cousin is in chicago state mental institution because he never snapped out of a lsd trip. And what i meant about you not knowing how strong the high would be, I was reffering to the drugs being laced or more potent then you thought. And im sorry but it is illegal for a rehab to give false information. The state checks the place monthly to make sure its kosher for some rehabs have had very bias and cruel measures to treat patients. Every lecture, video, and fact sheets go through the department of public help assuring no falsified information. The only bias thing in rehab is they dont approve of recreational drug use. Do some research guys, and youll find what im saying is true. CHILL
guitarro is offline  
Old January 2nd, 2007, 09:53 PM   #9
tomedix
Member+
 
tomedix's Forum Picture
 
Join Date: May 22, 2004
Location: USA
Age: 25
Gender: Male
Default Re: "Natural" drugs, specificly pot ARE addicting

not trying to get you mad or anything but its the government who checks the rehab places, and they are just as biased
tomedix is offline  
Old January 2nd, 2007, 10:39 PM   #10
Cap'nCrunch
Nice Poster
 
Join Date: July 25, 2005
Gender: Male
Default Re: "Natural" drugs, specificly pot ARE addicting

Where are you getting these facts? The only thing I can agree with is that "natural" drugs aren't a healthier alternative to synthetic drugs.

Flashbacks are an unexplained phenomena. Nobody yet knows what triggers them, and the LSD is NOT accumulated in your spinal column.
http://www.erowid.org/ask/ask.cgi?ID=160

This "4 times with LSD and you're clinically insane" is bullshit. I have friends who trip more often than every weekend. They are not insane. They might suffer from HPPD (hallucinogen persisting perception disorder), but they are not "insane."

Cannabis is not physically addictive. If you develop a tolerance and a psychological dependence and decide to quit, you will NOT experience physical withdrawal symptoms. Unlike heroin, an addict will undergo excruciating physical symptoms.

PhD student - Organic Chemistry

I don't read an entire thread before I respond; I try to answer the question quickly and concisely.
Cap'nCrunch is offline  
Old January 3rd, 2007, 07:19 AM   #11
guitarro
Member
 
guitarro's Forum Picture
 
Join Date: September 26, 2004
Location: chicago
Age: 27
Default Re: "Natural" drugs, specificly pot ARE addicting

" However, when used clinically in the 60's, psychatrist Dr Sidney Cohen surveyed a sample of 5000 individuals who had taken LSD twenty-five thousand times. He found and average of 160 psychotic episodes per thousand ingestions (while not under the influence), 150 attempted suicides, and 28 completed suicides. 'Considering the enormous scope of the psychic responses it induces,' he concluded, 'LSD is an astonishingly unsafe drug.'" "Ok ill admit my numbers were off a bit, the information on lsd i got was from word of mouth. those numbers may be off too for lsd is a lot stronger these days. And you are on the right track if you read one of my previous posts i stated "i said in my post that marijuana has no addicting substances in it, i was refferring it to be highly mentally addicting for one, i said put physical in there on accident, so you are right about that one.", I apologize sincerely for presenting some information that was a little off.
guitarro is offline  
Old January 3rd, 2007, 11:36 AM   #12
Fiending_the_freedom
Awesome Poster
 
Fiending_the_freedom's Forum Picture
 
Name: Tegan
Join Date: December 15, 2005
Location: Canada.
Age: 26
Gender: Female
Blog Entries: 96
Default Re: "Natural" drugs, specificly pot ARE addicting

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarro View Post
for everyone who thinks that pot isn't addicting, it is. If you use any form of substance to manage stress, you will eventually get addicted.
yea but EVERYTHING can be addicting, coffe, gum.
you cant live your life escaping addictions,
so what?

W a r n i n g: Too Many Thoughts Could Lead To An Explosion.


--Tegan
Fiending_the_freedom is offline  
Old January 3rd, 2007, 10:56 PM   #13
Cap'nCrunch
Nice Poster
 
Join Date: July 25, 2005
Gender: Male
Default Re: "Natural" drugs, specificly pot ARE addicting

LSD certainly does produce psychosis. I'm not denying that one bit.

And acid now is much weaker. In the 60s and 70s, the LSD content in one hit was about 200+mcg

Now, one hit ranges from 50-100mcg.
Cap'nCrunch is offline  
Old January 4th, 2007, 05:33 PM   #14
Break the Cage
Member++
 
Break the Cage's Forum Picture
 
Join Date: October 19, 2006
Default Re: "Natural" drugs, specificly pot ARE addicting

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarro View Post
alright dumbass, i said in my post that marijuana has no addicting substances in it, i was refferring it to be highly mentally addicting for one, i said put physical in there on accident, so you are right about that one. 2, chemicals from mushrooms and lsd ARE stored in your spine, thats why they dont come up on piss tests, if u do some research, a spinal tap is needed to figure out if someone has used lsd or shrooms. And my cousin is in chicago state mental institution because he never snapped out of a lsd trip. And what i meant about you not knowing how strong the high would be, I was reffering to the drugs being laced or more potent then you thought. And im sorry but it is illegal for a rehab to give false information. The state checks the place monthly to make sure its kosher for some rehabs have had very bias and cruel measures to treat patients. Every lecture, video, and fact sheets go through the department of public help assuring no falsified information. The only bias thing in rehab is they dont approve of recreational drug use. Do some research guys, and youll find what im saying is true. CHILL
haha bullshit, sorry but you cant just not snap out of a trip, they arent permanent. and yeah about lacing/other ingredients, thats exactly what i said, if it were legalised we wouldnt have that problem
yeah well its illegal for people to take drugs aswell, but it fucking happens alot still, rehab is bias and tells you bollocks, the government is even worse.
you obviously dont know what your on about and arent going to give in so i wont bother saying anymore
Break the Cage is offline  
Old January 4th, 2007, 05:36 PM   #15
Φρανκομβριτ
Sporadic Poster
 
Φρανκομβριτ's Forum Picture
 
Join Date: October 1, 2004
Location: Gatineau (Outaouais), Qubec
Age: 26
Gender: Male
Default Re: "Natural" drugs, specificly pot ARE addicting

anoother advantage of staying illegal is the government will perfectly measure out gram by gram and tax it to no fucking extent.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
Φρανκομβριτ is offline  
Old January 4th, 2007, 11:01 PM   #16
Fiending_the_freedom
Awesome Poster
 
Fiending_the_freedom's Forum Picture
 
Name: Tegan
Join Date: December 15, 2005
Location: Canada.
Age: 26
Gender: Female
Blog Entries: 96
Default Re: "Natural" drugs, specificly pot ARE addicting

yea if a drug is only metally addicting, you cant speak for everyone becuase not everyones minds are the same

W a r n i n g: Too Many Thoughts Could Lead To An Explosion.


--Tegan
Fiending_the_freedom is offline  
Old January 4th, 2007, 11:16 PM   #17
Cap'nCrunch
Nice Poster
 
Join Date: July 25, 2005
Gender: Male
Default Re: "Natural" drugs, specificly pot ARE addicting

Spinal taps will not reveal LSD or mushroom use. They can both be tested for with urinalysis, it's just extremely uncommon.

Once again, LSD and shrooms are NOT stored in your spine! How the fuck would they get there and where would they stay? It gets to your bloodstream, your brain, then your liver will clean it out of your blood and urine in DAYS. The metabolites are left in your hair for much, much longer.
Cap'nCrunch is offline  
Old January 4th, 2007, 11:52 PM   #18
Fiending_the_freedom
Awesome Poster
 
Fiending_the_freedom's Forum Picture
 
Name: Tegan
Join Date: December 15, 2005
Location: Canada.
Age: 26
Gender: Female
Blog Entries: 96
Default Re: "Natural" drugs, specificly pot ARE addicting

acually its stored in your fat cells, that why if youy loose a lot of weight and you've dfone lsd before you're more pronne to get acid flashbacks

W a r n i n g: Too Many Thoughts Could Lead To An Explosion.


--Tegan
Fiending_the_freedom is offline  
Old January 5th, 2007, 01:26 AM   #19
guitarro
Member
 
guitarro's Forum Picture
 
Join Date: September 26, 2004
Location: chicago
Age: 27
Default Re: "Natural" drugs, specificly pot ARE addicting

w/e ever guys im not going to argue anymore, so far everyone and every site has different information about this shit, so there is no way to argue when the some of the real facts arent really available. the point i was trying to make in this was that any drug, even natural drugs, make you very prone to addiction. and yes it is possible to not snap out of a lsd trip, like i mentioned before, i have a family member in the hospital for never snapping out of the trip. and for people thinking will power can take care of lesser drugs, wait until you have a good reason to use it to cope with something. for people just using pot or just using shrooms to manage their stress instead of harder drugs, you will naturally put the same amount of addictive energy into it to compensate, its called a habit, a natural accuring thing when you do something on a usual basis (a habit takes 1 week to form). By the way thats a scientific fact if someone wants to argue, i don't think a .gov site would be bias on that. there are limitless possibilities in this game, and people don't get addicted on purpose. it just happens. be careful with "natural" drugs, remember, your still coping with a substance.
guitarro is offline  
Old January 5th, 2007, 03:13 AM   #20
Physicist
Banned
 
Physicist's Forum Picture
 
Join Date: June 12, 2006
Gender: Undisclosed
Default Re: "Natural" drugs, specificly pot ARE addicting

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarro View Post
w/e ever guys im not going to argue anymore, so far everyone and every site has different information about this shit, so there is no way to argue when the some of the real facts arent really available. the point i was trying to make in this was that any drug, even natural drugs, make you very prone to addiction. and yes it is possible to not snap out of a lsd trip, like i mentioned before, i have a family member in the hospital for never snapping out of the trip. and for people thinking will power can take care of lesser drugs, wait until you have a good reason to use it to cope with something. for people just using pot or just using shrooms to manage their stress instead of harder drugs, you will naturally put the same amount of addictive energy into it to compensate, its called a habit, a natural accuring thing when you do something on a usual basis (a habit takes 1 week to form). By the way thats a scientific fact if someone wants to argue, i don't think a .gov site would be bias on that. there are limitless possibilities in this game, and people don't get addicted on purpose. it just happens. be careful with "natural" drugs, remember, your still coping with a substance.
Not everyone uses drugs to deal with anxiety... I for one just used it for the fun of it, I guess you could call it boredom. And I suppose that's why I didn't have too much trouble quitting. I have an earnest inquiry, however. Why is it that you believe the .gov sites can tell no lies? You think the government doesn't lie or something?
Physicist is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:51 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright©2000 - 2017
Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 2004 - 2017, VirtualTeen.org