Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old March 10th, 2019, 12:17 PM   #3121
Pultost
Mushroom Lover

Pultost's Forum Picture

Name: Anita
Default Re: What is the last videogame you played?

After "beating" World's Dawn (it just keeps going for as long as you want to play it) a couple of times, I've given it a rest and picked up Stardew Valley. Liking it so far, but it seems more complex, definitely needs some getting used to.

"If my head wasn't screwed on, I'd be stumbling and falling a lot, as it would be difficult to see what's in front of me."

-Anita H.
Pultost is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 11th, 2019, 03:24 PM   #3122
Masquerade

Masquerade's Forum Picture

Name: Joe

After watching the Nintendo direct, I gave the Daemon X Machina a go. I only had time to play the first mission but it looks good. The music and art style are on point so I'm expecting great things from the full game!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pultost View Post
After "beating" World's Dawn (it just keeps going for as long as you want to play it) a couple of times, I've given it a rest and picked up Stardew Valley. Liking it so far, but it seems more complex, definitely needs some getting used to.
Yeah, stardew is complex but that's what makes it so charming. Once you get to fall is where the game really starts to pick up! It's my favourite season of the game. Which console are you playing it on?

"I am who I am. I do not change." - Jin (Xenoblade Chronicles 2)
Masquerade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 11th, 2019, 03:28 PM   #3123
Pultost
Mushroom Lover

Pultost's Forum Picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masquerade View Post
After watching the Nintendo direct, I gave the Daemon X Machina a go. I only had time to play the first mission but it looks good. The music and art style are on point so I'm expecting great things from the full game!

Yeah, stardew is complex but that's what makes it so charming. Once you get to fall is where the game really starts to pick up! It's my favourite season of the game. Which console are you playing it on?
Yeah I really like it despite the complexity, but I'm surprised about how expensive everything is in this game, so making money is one of my first priorities. xD I'm starting to regret buying a new fancy fishing rod, didn't seem to make much difference.

I play on PC.

"If my head wasn't screwed on, I'd be stumbling and falling a lot, as it would be difficult to see what's in front of me."

-Anita H.
Old March 11th, 2019, 03:36 PM   #3124
RileyX

RileyX's Forum Picture

Name: Riley

Last game i played was sea of theives and that was last night
RileyX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 11th, 2019, 03:39 PM   #3125
Masquerade

Yeah, money seems to take forever to gain in the beginning of the game. But it will get easier. Autumn especially. You earn money like crazy!

It seems daunting at first but once you get used to the mechanics it isn't so bad.

The better fishing rod allows you to use bait which increases your chances to getting something on the end of the fishing rod.

Old March 11th, 2019, 04:03 PM   #3126
Knightley

Knightley's Forum Picture

Name: Knightley

Ratchet & Clank 3
Knightley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 11th, 2019, 04:06 PM   #3127
Pultost
Mushroom Lover

Pultost's Forum Picture

Quote:
Yeah, money seems to take forever to gain in the beginning of the game. But it will get easier. Autumn especially. You earn money like crazy!

It seems daunting at first but once you get used to the mechanics it isn't so bad.

The better fishing rod allows you to use bait which increases your chances to getting something on the end of the fishing rod.
Sounds good, I'm in the middle of summer now, looking forward to increase my wealth. I'm being kind of a jerk, as I bought a membership at the big mall. xD

Ah, I thought it would make it somewhat easier, maybe increasing the size of that green thing or something. Oh well.

It would also be nice if it was possible to save manually, and not just every time you go to bed, but I guess we can't have everything.

-Anita H.
Old March 11th, 2019, 04:18 PM   #3128
Masquerade

Quote:
Sounds good, I'm in the middle of summer now, looking forward to increase my wealth. I'm being kind of a jerk, as I bought a membership at the big mall. xD

Ah, I thought it would make it somewhat easier, maybe increasing the size of that green thing or something. Oh well.

It would also be nice if it was possible to save manually, and not just every time you go to bed, but I guess we can't have everything.
Oops. Yeah, completing the community centre is the better choice but it's your first playthrough so don't worry too much about it.

Yeah, that's the only annoying thing but tbh I think it's helpful as I always quit without saving.

Autumn is going to get you lots of money... As long as you buy a certain crop you'll be swimming in it. It also has some of the best music (In my opinion).

Old March 11th, 2019, 04:23 PM   #3129
Pultost
Mushroom Lover

Pultost's Forum Picture

Quote:
Oops. Yeah, completing the community centre is the better choice but it's your first playthrough so don't worry too much about it.

Yeah, that's the only annoying thing but tbh I think it's helpful as I always quit without saving.

Autumn is going to get you lots of money... As long as you buy a certain crop you'll be swimming in it. It also has some of the best music (In my opinion).
I assumed, but the thought of all the stuff I have to collect to get it up and running again kinda bedazzled me, so I took the quick and easy way this time. xD

Yeah if I really mess up I definitely quite before saving as well, I just like to be able to save right before trying something that may go south.

Thanks for the tip, I'm going to be on lookout for that crop. Nice, I love the music so far, so I look forward to that. ^^

I also have to be better at socializing, I try to talk with passer-bys, but I don't have much of a relationship with anyone yet.

-Anita H.
Old March 11th, 2019, 04:42 PM   #3130
Masquerade

Quote:
I assumed, but the thought of all the stuff I have to collect to get it up and running again kinda bedazzled me, so I took the quick and easy way this time. xD

Yeah if I really mess up I definitely quite before saving as well, I just like to be able to save right before trying something that may go south.

Thanks for the tip, I'm going to be on lookout for that crop. Nice, I love the music so far, so I look forward to that. ^^

I also have to be better at socializing, I try to talk with passer-bys, but I don't have much of a relationship with anyone yet.
That's fair enough, I was exactly the same on my first run through.

Building friendships can be awkward but my advice is that if you can give a character a gift that they love on their birthday then you get 8x the amount of friendship. I tended to focus on the characters that I liked the most and then kept talking to them afterwards.

Sounds like your playthrough is going well though!

Old March 11th, 2019, 05:03 PM   #3131
InternetTeen
Awesome Poster

Location: With my parents who live with me who live next to my neighbours house who live next to my house

Pacybits
InternetTeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 12th, 2019, 03:00 AM   #3132
Pultost
Mushroom Lover

Pultost's Forum Picture

Quote:
That's fair enough, I was exactly the same on my first run through.

Building friendships can be awkward but my advice is that if you can give a character a gift that they love on their birthday then you get 8x the amount of friendship. I tended to focus on the characters that I liked the most and then kept talking to them afterwards.

Sounds like your playthrough is going well though!
Haha, glad it's not just me. xD I'm gonna make it right in my second run, probably.

True, a few are quite obvious about what they like, but figuring out the less obvious ones is gonna be tricky. I gave a mineral of some sort to the blacksmith, and he just sighed. I doubt that improved much.

Thanks, yeah I think I'm doing alright so far. ^^

-Anita H.
Old March 12th, 2019, 10:57 AM   #3133
Masquerade

Quote:
Haha, glad it's not just me. xD I'm gonna make it right in my second run, probably.

True, a few are quite obvious about what they like, but figuring out the less obvious ones is gonna be tricky. I gave a mineral of some sort to the blacksmith, and he just sighed. I doubt that improved much.

Thanks, yeah I think I'm doing alright so far. ^^
That's one of the most challenging parts of the game! Glad you're enjoying it.

Old March 12th, 2019, 12:59 PM   #3134
Pultost
Mushroom Lover

Pultost's Forum Picture

Quote:
That's one of the most challenging parts of the game! Glad you're enjoying it.
Yeah, glad you're not depending on friendships to make money. Thanks. ^^

-Anita H.
Old March 13th, 2019, 10:42 PM   #3135
THE_D3_AD_3Y_35

Lost Reavers (I'll try to play it more since the servers are shutting down in about 2 months).
THE_D3_AD_3Y_35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2019, 08:51 AM   #3136
Pultost
Mushroom Lover

Pultost's Forum Picture

Played some Papers, Please before going to school. It's one of the very few games I know that's fun, but still no problem to tear yourself away from. xD

-Anita H.
Old March 17th, 2019, 07:56 AM   #3137
Stujitsu

Stujitsu's Forum Picture

Played some Division 2, it’s really gud
Stujitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 17th, 2019, 04:39 PM   #3138
Pultost
Mushroom Lover

Pultost's Forum Picture

Played some more Stardew Valley recently, didn't play for long, so I didn't accomplish very much, but at least I managed to upgrade the axe.

-Anita H.