Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Closed Thread

Old June 21st, 2007, 08:21 PM   #1
Vanitys Audacity

Exclamation Strange feeling?

So I keep having these weird feelings. It's hard to describe so bare with me please. It's an actual feeling I get in my mind/body, and sometimes I get a little dizzy from it. It's like I'm seeing through someone else's body. I get thoughts like "why am I here in this life form?" It sounds suicidal, but I mean it litteraly, like as opposed to being in some parellel universe I suppose. I can move, and I know my surroundings and everything, but I get really nervous, and nauseas.

I stay in this state of mind anywheres to a few seconds or until I fall asleep. The episodes can happen once, or a bunch of times over a few weeks, but eventually ends for a while before coming back, each time worse than last. The last time I started getting them I had to hurt myself physically (biting, nails dug in skin, cutting). I think I'm starting another episode, and it scares me. I've become distant to my bf who lives with me, and I don't even know how to explain it to him.

Sorry it's so long, and I apologize for cross posting (I haven't seen no-nos on this, and I didn't know what topic it'd be). PLEASE tell me if you know what this is, if you have it, and if so, at least a better way to describe it. Thank you =o)
Old June 21st, 2007, 08:38 PM   #2
MoveAlong
Legendary Member

Default Re: Strange feeling?

Cross-posting is a bit of a no-no, nothing to feel embarrassed about, but I'm not sure what the mod or mods are gonna do on this because I'm not sure how much I can trust them yet Altho I don't think there's ever a real reason to cross-post and usually the more popular one stays and the less popular one gets deleted.
Old August 10th, 2007, 09:29 AM   #3
I'm cool like spongebob
Junior Member+

I get that to sometimes a sort of feeling like I could be anyone else in this world why me. It's a weird feeling

A good old bit of Jeff Lynn and the e.l.o will put that smile back on your face.
Old February 6th, 2008, 10:24 AM   #4
calyne

I get that feeling too, among other symptoms, I guess, although it's all generally the same thing... Of course, I can't really explain it. However, when I first began reading your post it reminded me of this other thing I get, but it's purely physical. It's this like tingling, almost out-of-body feeling sensation I can produce voluntarily. It's easier to do if I'm holding my breath, and it will come immediately and seemingly automatically when I will it to. I can hold it for a few seconds and it's still dull but it seems to get more and more intense until I have to let it drop.

That's not relevant to this forum but I figured that since it was brought to mind by this post and this post was relevant it would be permissable...
Old February 6th, 2008, 10:25 AM   #5
calyne

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm cool like spongebob View Post
I get that to sometimes a sort of feeling like I could be anyone else in this world why me. It's a weird feeling
Yeah, I used to get that a lot before my "breakdown" (I guess), before thoughts like that not only overwhelmed me but consumed me and felt too crazy and I had to block them. They were just casual existential musings, I guess, like everybody gets. It's too much now though, now stop thinking.
Old March 4th, 2008, 11:44 AM   #6
superchao

i get this a lot, and i find it really hard to explain to people what its like without them saying something like 'your just growing up' or something like 'your just tired' i also find it hard to tell people i have 'mental illnesses', because they seem to think i am really crazy {well...}
its hard to explain but i know the feeling.

who am i to say you need me? x
Old March 4th, 2008, 03:32 PM   #7
Serenity
Banned

Name: Valerie

Quote:
Originally Posted by calyne View Post
I get that feeling too, among other symptoms, I guess, although it's all generally the same thing... Of course, I can't really explain it. However, when I first began reading your post it reminded me of this other thing I get, but it's purely physical. It's this like tingling, almost out-of-body feeling sensation I can produce voluntarily. It's easier to do if I'm holding my breath, and it will come immediately and seemingly automatically when I will it to. I can hold it for a few seconds and it's still dull but it seems to get more and more intense until I have to let it drop.

That's not relevant to this forum but I figured that since it was brought to mind by this post and this post was relevant it would be permissable...
Please don't bump old threads.

Closed Thread