Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old January 13th, 2019, 12:25 AM   #21
Naters2000
Junior Member+

Name: Nate
Default Re: Moral decline?

I don't think this is something we can fix. It's a choice to show compassion and a person has to be willing to do so. There's nothing we can do to really change that.

Im Nate, I play classical clarinet, love hiking, illustrating, and spending time with my incredible friends! Feel free to write a message on my board.
Naters2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2019, 08:37 PM   #22
mattsmith48
VT Voice of reason

Name: matt
Default Re: Moral decline?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uniquemind View Post
The reason the hippie and free love movement started in the 60s and 70s, was a reaction to generations of Victorian sexual repression. While I agree some conservative values need to return, I caution that we cannot return to the irrational views of olden day. They have to be more realistic and fact based like Mattsmith suggested. Demonizing sexual education is not something we should return to for example.
Actually it was started in the 60s because of the invention of the birth control pill eliminating a major consequences of sex.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uniquemind View Post
But sexual diseases are still a thing, and that still kills a lot of people both in the past and in the present and I would predict the future as well given the lastest medical data on antibiotic resistant strains of bacteria.
Thats why educating kids at young age on contraception and safe sex is important.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattsmith48
There is no such thing as liberal or conservative media, the only thing the media cares about is either money or the truth.
mattsmith48 is offline   Reply With Quote