Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old December 15th, 2010, 06:41 AM   #1
green
Member+

Default self concious

ok so i want to start making youtube videos but when i try to film one I always get self concious and end up stutterying and mummbling. How can i build self confidence so i can be myself on camera?
green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 15th, 2010, 07:01 AM   #2
brandon.t

Name: brandon
Default Re: self concious

well you dont have to actually get in front of the camra. What i found is that some people pefer to use mmos like aqworlds and runescape to make their video and then add their voice to what the player is saying, and the videos are actually prettey popular.
brandon.t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 15th, 2010, 10:23 AM   #3
Syvelocin
Ocean Soul

Syvelocin's Forum Picture

Name: Rith

Well, I've found that you need to get used to the camera and learn to talk to it as if you were talking to another human being. It'll seem quite awkward for a while, but keep practicing in front of the camera, and it'll become a bit more natural.

And I'm sorry I didn't build your walls. And I'm sorry I had to go and fall.
And I'm sorry I had the whole thing wrong. Well, I guess I'm the sorriest of all.
And I'm sorry that you are feeling small. And I'm sorry that I'm not used to crawling.
And I'm sorry the writing's on the wall. Well, I guess I'm the sorriest of all.
Syvelocin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 15th, 2010, 10:30 AM   #4
sCa45
Junior Member+

Well you have to just imagine that there isn't anyone there, and you're just talking to yourself. Relax and just be calm.
sCa45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 15th, 2010, 02:06 PM   #5
Mike321
Great Poster

Mike321's Forum Picture

Name: Mike

I am really self concious too, but like everyone esle has said, just pretend no one is there and talk to the camera as if it was another person.
I made a video for on here, and just practiced a couple of times first before I actually recorded it.
If you have the house to yourself on one is going to see or hear you so it makes it a little bit easier
Mike321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 16th, 2010, 02:33 PM   #6
Dunce
Nice Poster

Dunce's Forum Picture

Name: Aoife

I used to stutter while I was talking to people. It was unbelievably bad, Ive never known anyone who stuttered as bad as I did. All I did to get rid of it was to start singing, and recite poetry out loud to myself when im alone. Im an awful singer, and I dont know why it works, but it does.
Maybe put a camera in front of you and read something from a book or something you wrote, read it over until you sort of know it so you wont have to keep glancing at what your reading.
To make this work you have to remember, no one is pressuring you to talk fast, talking slow is how you start off, and you'll soon be able to talk fast without stuttering. Also keep breathing and get it in your head that no one will be judging you. And that they're listening for a reason
And remember, the camera is your friend
Dunce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 17th, 2010, 05:27 PM   #7
Punannannan

Punannannan's Forum Picture

Practice makes perfect.
Talk to yourself constantly, that way you'll get used to hearing your own voice, and be more confident.
Punannannan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2011, 04:47 AM   #8
Wicked_Syn
Nice Poster

Wicked_Syn's Forum Picture

Smoke a doozy and you'll be all good! I AM KIDDING, DONT.

Haha anyway, what you should do is write down what you will be talking about...doesn't have to be word for word, but you know, the general idea. After you do that, just practice reciting it to yourself in the mirror. That's what I would do when i used to make Youtube videos.
Wicked_Syn is offline   Reply With Quote