Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old July 26th, 2009, 04:54 PM   #1
damn almonds

damn almonds's Forum Picture

Name: Sheila
Default ok im losing it

i AM catholic myself, but eh u know how some people are against muslims? well, im not against that and i have a muslim friend, though I myself am a true Catholic. so a lot of people i know are waaay against muslims and im not so they say since were friends i will not go to heaven. heres my problem: i know i dont have to believe that, becaue i am a catholic and i love my friend, but for some reason it stuck in my mind and im having a mental crisis with this. i keep thinking about my after life 24/7 it goes through my mind "u will not go to heaven" ever day NON stop. its depressing. it was from fourth grade. yes, now im in 7th. FOUR fucking years (and i never swear, omg) with a fucking headache NON-stop that will NEVER get off my mind. i might act like im having fun, but i NEVER can. i worry too much about wether i go to heaven or hell just because i met this stupid fucking girl that told me these lies, and for some reason i believe it.

bottom line: i am catholic. i have a muslim friend, and a girl once told me that i will go to hell for being a friend to her. i don't know why people are against muslims, but for some reason, it worries me.

scary part: my parents dont know about my depression. they know my friend, but they dont know the "secret"

and thats why i put off calling Janine, my friend, until august. i though calling her would make my "headache" worse.... but actually i dont think it can get much worse. i dont know why i believed that shit and it worries me about my after life. now, its almost auguat, and its time to call janine... i guess it cant get any worse after FOUR FUCKING YEARS of NOBODY but me, myself, and I knowing that i worry about some stupid shit i don't know if i even fucking believe.

hope i did not offend anyone, if so im truley sorry.

I The One And Only, The Hott, The Sexy, The Unbelievable, JAKE!
Proud To Be Totally Diva Chix Addicted!
And Then Gid Said, Let There Be Chocolate. When God Saw That Chocolate Was Good, He Seperated The Dark From The Light.
CHOCOLATE CRUNCH!
F497119
damn almonds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2009, 05:08 PM   #2
Origami
Mafioso

Origami's Forum Picture

Name: Joshua 'Relyh' Hyler
Default Re: ok im losing it

Ok so, I don't know much about Catholics, even though I have a Catholic friend. But I'll try to help from my point-of-view. I'm Baptist and from my studies and lectures I've never come across anything like that. Being friends with a Muslim is not common belief that would force someone to hell. While the bible (King James Version) says not to be of the world, I have never come across where you would go to hell for being a friend with someone of a certain race or religion.
Bottom line, in my studies, I've never found such a thing, nor have I heard of anyone say such a thing, normally I hear of conversion, nothing of association sending you to hell.

I hope it helps. (:

••• VT Convict 2011 • VT's Premiere Image Sig Maker •••

“Artists use lies to tell the truth while politicians use them to cover the truth up.”

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aves
Oh great, just what we need. Another text sig maker.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage
Okay. That's it. I give up. From this day forth, I cease all efforts to try educating people on this forum.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick
Origami always and will be the best signature creator.
val <3 <3
Origami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2009, 05:16 PM   #3
damn almonds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Origami View Post
Ok so, I don't know much about Catholics, even though I have a Catholic friend. But I'll try to help from my point-of-view. I'm Baptist and from my studies and lectures I've never come across anything like that. Being friends with a Muslim is not common belief that would force someone to hell. While the bible (King James Version) says not to be of the world, I have never come across where you would go to hell for being a friend with someone of a certain race or religion.
Bottom line, in my studies, I've never found such a thing, nor have I heard of anyone say such a thing, normally I hear of conversion, nothing of association sending you to hell.

I hope it helps. (:

ok, thanks for not judging me on my post. NOTHING in the world can help- its just a fear that wont go away. but i really appreciate u being concerned and trying to ease my mind as much as possible. thank you.

And Then Gid Said, Let There Be Chocolate. When God Saw That Chocolate Was Good, He Seperated The Dark From The Light.
CHOCOLATE CRUNCH!
F497119
Old July 26th, 2009, 11:57 PM   #4
Toasty

Name: Hunter

[Deleted]

Last edited by Toasty; January 31st, 2010 at 07:03 PM.
Toasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 27th, 2009, 08:42 AM   #5
damn almonds

Quote:
Originally Posted by [Time_Consumer] View Post
Hmm, I'm not Catholic, but I am Christian... Er, try to be. x_x

And I know a Christian lady married to a muslim.

And the Bible seems to have strong support for friendship as far as I know. So, like, I don't think it would discriminate. Love your enemy, anyway, ya know.
nah not my enemy, i have nothing against them, really i dont and idk why people do... its just some people believe that, so it got stuck in my mind, kinda like the time someone told me that you die at age 15 if you drink on glass of beer when you're 10. i tried it, to be the dare devil i am, and i had the exact same problem- i thought i would die at 15. and another time, here's where the REAL ENEMY comes in: Kendall Erickson!!!!! She BULLIED ME! Anyways, she told me that if you kiss your dog on the lips you can get a disease.... so that also stuck in my mind. i thought i would get a disease.... that one ALSO stopped me from chasing my dreams to become a vet, so it stuck in my mind. so no, they're not my enemies, i just said in the thread (so i guess you didn't read the whole thing, lol) i have a muslim friend.... funny thing is, i've never met a jewish person in my life, though i friken LOVEEEEE The Devil's Arithmetic, it's a holoucaust book and you will love it if you checked it out of the library! so when things get in my head like this, it usually ends in like six or seven months, but this one is probably never going to go away, idk why, probably cuz im scared of death.... and speaking in public, but i'd rather speak in public...... and wait a minute, you read the Bible????? ooooo kool! where can u buy a bible? ok, you need to check out devils arithmetic, and i need a Bible. i'm christian, catholic, and luthern. hehe.

CHOCOLATE CRUNCH!
F497119

Last edited by damn almonds; July 27th, 2009 at 08:45 AM.
Old July 27th, 2009, 09:01 AM   #6
BuryYourFlame
Awesome Poster

BuryYourFlame's Forum Picture

you will not go to hell for having a muslim friend. end of story.

as for the bible, you should be able to buy one from any good book store

PM me if you want to talk more

Declan
6 years on and I'm still here for some reason.
~Laura was here~
BuryYourFlame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 27th, 2009, 09:04 AM   #7
damn almonds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetfire View Post
you will not go to hell for having a muslim friend. end of story.

as for the bible, you should be able to buy one from any good book store

PM me if you want to talk more
ok I PMed u asking about why things stick in my head....

EDIT;;; ok its permanent. life worthy. but ill deal with it. i wont cut about it. ill deal. since there is no way for anyone to help me... u can lock or delete the thread.....

CHOCOLATE CRUNCH!
F497119

Last edited by damn almonds; July 27th, 2009 at 09:39 AM.
Old July 27th, 2009, 09:44 AM   #8
Sapphire
Tears & Smiles

Sapphire's Forum Picture

Religions promote love and friendship, not hate and distrust.
Talk with who you want. Love who you want.

The only things that religions condemn people for are committing sins and not repenting. This is not one of them.

Sadly due to the terrorist attacks of recent years Muslims have got a lot of bad press. Islam has been labelled a hateful and violent religion and Muslims have been very closely linked with threats of terror. This may explain why some people are very hasty and negative in their attitudes towards such people.

~ The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step ~

* Nothing in the world has ever been accomplished without passion *
Sapphire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 27th, 2009, 09:58 AM   #9
damn almonds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapphire View Post
Religions promote love and friendship, not hate and distrust.
Talk with who you want. Love who you want.

The only things that religions condemn people for are committing sins and not repenting. This is not one of them.

Sadly due to the terrorist attacks of recent years Muslims have got a lot of bad press. Islam has been labelled a hateful and violent religion and Muslims have been very closely linked with threats of terror. This may explain why some people are very hasty and negative in their attitudes towards such people.
i know i hate how people judge people like that.... its so mean.....

oh yeah but this is GREAT timing! (NOT!!!!!) when i just lost her phone number. ---sigh---

CHOCOLATE CRUNCH!
F497119
Old July 29th, 2009, 01:23 PM   #10
sebbie
Nice Poster

sebbie's Forum Picture

To the original poster:

In life you will come across people who are not tolerant to other races, religions,sexualities. The important thing is to not let narrow minded views effect your own.

My best advice to you is to speak to a priest, or a nun. They will be able to give you the best advice on how to view other religions and I can bet that it will be to treat them with peace an respect.

Do not worry about your afterlife! If you believe in God you will know that he knows everything that is and will be, your intentions and actions. If you are being a friend with someone not limited by religion then that is a good thing.

Also did you know that Christianity, Islam and Judaism share some very common beliefs, they are the 3 Abrahamic faiths, you might want to check out this website: http://www.religionfacts.com/islam/c...ristianity.htm

-Sebbie

FEEL FREE TO PM ME..
FEEL FREE TO GIVE ME POSITIVE REP TO!
sebbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 29th, 2009, 11:55 PM   #11
Vacuola
Junior Member+

Vacuola's Forum Picture

Name: Edward

First of all God doesn't judge us by our friends, we are judge by our sins. Second I really belief that we are all brothers. All the humanity is one and we have to accept each other with our differences. I think that you should talk to someone about this, someone wise that can bring peace to you.
Vacuola is offline   Reply With Quote