Virtual Teen Forums
 

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 3rd, 2018, 05:28 PM   #1
BlackParadePixie
hello beautiful
 
BlackParadePixie's Forum Picture
 
Name: Fiona
Join Date: September 22, 2014
Location: San Diego, CA
Age: 18
Gender: Female
Default MLB Baseball 2018 talk, discussion, rant, brag thread

This is the thread to talk about the 2018 MLB season.

Want to discuss your favorite team or players? Go for it.

Heard about some hot trade rumors? Talk about it here.

Does your team suck and you just want to complain? You're in the right place.


18 *** f *** Wes Anderson fan *** proud Italian-American *** UCLA student

But for now we are young
Let us lay in the sun
and count every beautiful thing we can see


Likes: (1)
BlackParadePixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 3rd, 2018, 05:31 PM   #2
BlackParadePixie
hello beautiful
 
BlackParadePixie's Forum Picture
 
Name: Fiona
Join Date: September 22, 2014
Location: San Diego, CA
Age: 18
Gender: Female
Default Re: MLB Baseball 2018 talk, discussion, rant, brag thread

I'm here to complain about my team.
San Diego Padres... 0-4 start. No pitching. Paying Chase Headley $11 million this year to go 0 for fucking 9 at the plate so far. You could have paid a rookie 1% of his salary and the guy probably would have a hit by now. Fuck that guy, he needs to go.

18 *** f *** Wes Anderson fan *** proud Italian-American *** UCLA student

But for now we are young
Let us lay in the sun
and count every beautiful thing we can see


Likes: (1)
BlackParadePixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 3rd, 2018, 08:38 PM   #3
Sailor Mars
Global Moderator
 
Sailor Mars's Forum Picture
 
Join Date: August 26, 2015
Location: NYC
Gender: Female
Default Re: MLB Baseball 2018 talk, discussion, rant, brag thread

Let’s go Yankees!!! I’m tight they split the series with the Blue Jays, but we took the W tonight so... also! Hoping Tanaka is a consistent pitcher this season, he fucked up bad last season with his inconsistency

"The head may err, but never the blood.
Nice salt pouch, asshole
barely getting bi

~Endeavour was here~
~Mike Was Here~
Elysium is the one tru brodie
Sailor Mars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 3rd, 2018, 08:41 PM   #4
SethfromMI
Legendary Member
 
SethfromMI's Forum Picture
 
Name: Seth
Join Date: October 10, 2014
Location: Ann Arbor, MI
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Default Re: MLB Baseball 2018 talk, discussion, rant, brag thread

Many people projected the Tigers to be one of the worst teams in baseball (most only had the Marlins as the team who is going to do worse than the Tigers). At 1-4, I can already tell it is going to be a long season. It is not just going to be a long season though, because it is going to be a rebuild. Realistically, I have at least a couple of more seasons of poor baseball to look forward to. Tigers fans are going to have to trust the process, even though I a, not quite convinced Al Avila is the right man to be our GM. I like Ron Gardenhire as our manager. An old school guy, but a great teacher. Fans got to be careful and not pin this mess on him, because that would not be fair.

What the Tigers should do is lower ticket prices and concessions. It is not fair making fans pay full price for players who (for the most part besides Cabrera, Victor, and a couple of others) are young and are still learning the game.

Going to be a long season so I am glad I got some where to rant (or if they blow my mind and do well) talk about the joys (though there will be much more downs than ups at least as far as baseball is concerned this season).

19 | M | BI

Always Up For A Chat!


~ Seth
SethfromMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 3rd, 2018, 08:42 PM   #5
Bluegrass
Member
 
Name: Mary
Join Date: September 19, 2017
Location: U.S.A
Gender: Female
Default Re: MLB Baseball 2018 talk, discussion, rant, brag thread

I like the Cleveland Indians they really deserve to win it and no matter what anyone says chief wahoo did not hurt no one he was just a cute little cartoon I will miss him.I think the same teams as last year will make it to the playoffs the Mets might be part of it this year.
Bluegrass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 3rd, 2018, 08:45 PM   #6
SethfromMI
Legendary Member
 
SethfromMI's Forum Picture
 
Name: Seth
Join Date: October 10, 2014
Location: Ann Arbor, MI
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Default Re: MLB Baseball 2018 talk, discussion, rant, brag thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluegrass View Post
I like the Cleveland Indians they really deserve to win it and no matter what anyone says chief wahoo did not hurt no one he was just a cute little cartoon I will miss him.I think the same teams as last year will make it to the playoffs the Mets might be part of it this year.
One, in sports you earn anything you get. You don't deserve anything unless you win it.

Two, let's be real for a second, Chief Wahoo is not the kindest portrayals of Native Americans. The name alone is not proper. It was made during a time when people didn't think (or just didn't care) about that stuff. Were they trying to offend Native Americans? No, but that being said, I see why they are getting rid of him. I guess I can see while a fan will miss him for nostalgia reasons, there is nothing wrong with that, but come on. It is like the Native Americans in the cartoon Peter Pan movie. They are not the most sensitive representations. Baseball will be just fine without him.

19 | M | BI

Always Up For A Chat!


~ Seth
SethfromMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 3rd, 2018, 08:50 PM   #7
BlackParadePixie
hello beautiful
 
BlackParadePixie's Forum Picture
 
Name: Fiona
Join Date: September 22, 2014
Location: San Diego, CA
Age: 18
Gender: Female
Default Re: MLB Baseball 2018 talk, discussion, rant, brag thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mars View Post
Lets go Yankees!!! Im tight they split the series with the Blue Jays, but we took the W tonight so... also! Hoping Tanaka is a consistent pitcher this season, he fucked up bad last season with his inconsistency
Hasn't that pretty much been the story for every Japanese/asian pitcher? They always bring them here and talk about how great they are...and then they do good some days, and do bad other days...pretty much like all pitchers.

18 *** f *** Wes Anderson fan *** proud Italian-American *** UCLA student

But for now we are young
Let us lay in the sun
and count every beautiful thing we can see


Likes: (1)
BlackParadePixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 3rd, 2018, 09:04 PM   #8
SethfromMI
Legendary Member
 
SethfromMI's Forum Picture
 
Name: Seth
Join Date: October 10, 2014
Location: Ann Arbor, MI
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Default Re: MLB Baseball 2018 talk, discussion, rant, brag thread

They've worked Tankaka pretty hard, on top of the hard work he put in before he became a Yankee.

I thought of something else to gripe about. MLB came out and said they blew the replay call which cost the Tigers their first win in the first game of the season. Yes Tigers technically had other chances, but they actually came out and said they made a mistake. We don't get the win of course. Now that we have replays, if we are going to use them, we need to try to get it right and play by the rules. If there is not enough evidence to over turn a call and there wasn't, then they can't over turn it (but they did). Now IF he would have been ruled out from the get go, then you could rightly argue there would have not been enough evidence to turn it to safe. But come on MLB, I know it can be hard but if you are going to have the technology and are going to do replays, don't rush them, get it right.

19 | M | BI

Always Up For A Chat!


~ Seth
Likes: (1)
SethfromMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 3rd, 2018, 09:09 PM   #9
BlackParadePixie
hello beautiful
 
BlackParadePixie's Forum Picture
 
Name: Fiona
Join Date: September 22, 2014
Location: San Diego, CA
Age: 18
Gender: Female
Default Re: MLB Baseball 2018 talk, discussion, rant, brag thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by SethfromMI View Post
They've worked Tankaka pretty hard, on top of the hard work he put in before he became a Yankee.

I thought of something else to gripe about. MLB came out and said they blew the replay call which cost the Tigers their first win in the first game of the season. Yes Tigers technically had other chances, but they actually came out and said they made a mistake. We don't get the win of course. Now that we have replays, if we are going to use them, we need to try to get it right and play by the rules. If there is not enough evidence to over turn a call and there wasn't, then they can't over turn it (but they did). Now IF he would have been ruled out from the get go, then you could rightly argue there would have not been enough evidence to turn it to safe. But come on MLB, I know it can be hard but if you are going to have the technology and are going to do replays, don't rush them, get it right.
OH!!! Wasn't there like a playoof football game this year that was kinda like that?? I think it was the Lions... and like, they scored the touchdown, and the refs called it a touchdown. But because they HAVE to review every scoring play...and they ruled it was NOT a touchdown, but because they had to review the play...BY RULE, you have to take 10 seconds off the clock...which fucked the Lions, they couldn't run another play. Whereas, if the refs had originally rules it a non TD, there probably was time to spike the ball and run another play...

18 *** f *** Wes Anderson fan *** proud Italian-American *** UCLA student

But for now we are young
Let us lay in the sun
and count every beautiful thing we can see


Likes: (1)
BlackParadePixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 3rd, 2018, 10:25 PM   #10
SethfromMI
Legendary Member
 
SethfromMI's Forum Picture
 
Name: Seth
Join Date: October 10, 2014
Location: Ann Arbor, MI
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Default Re: MLB Baseball 2018 talk, discussion, rant, brag thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackParadePixie View Post
OH!!! Wasn't there like a playoof football game this year that was kinda like that?? I think it was the Lions... and like, they scored the touchdown, and the refs called it a touchdown. But because they HAVE to review every scoring play...and they ruled it was NOT a touchdown, but because they had to review the play...BY RULE, you have to take 10 seconds off the clock...which fucked the Lions, they couldn't run another play. Whereas, if the refs had originally rules it a non TD, there probably was time to spike the ball and run another play...
Yeah it was a Lions came. I don't know if the NFL ever came out and apologized for it or not. I mean with the Tigers, I know we are not going to the playoffs, so that win is not going to matter much (if anything, losing helps put us in a better position for the draft). But, if it was a close race, a loss can be the difference sometimes. I get they are trying to speed up the game, but don't do it at the expense you're not going to make the right calls just because you are going too fast.

19 | M | BI

Always Up For A Chat!


~ Seth
SethfromMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 3rd, 2018, 10:46 PM   #11
Sailor Mars
Global Moderator
 
Sailor Mars's Forum Picture
 
Join Date: August 26, 2015
Location: NYC
Gender: Female
Default Re: MLB Baseball 2018 talk, discussion, rant, brag thread

@BlackParadePixie I guess so? I dunno. CC is still pitching, Tanaka just needs to work on consistency bc he’s a great pitcher when he has a good day, but he can also give away a ton of hits and runs which sucks. Also, Chapman is a GREAT closing pitcher. Idk, i feel they hve a solid team this year. Solid pitchers, great young and powerful hitters (Judge, Didi, Stanton, Gardner, etc.) so i think we’ll do pretty good!

"The head may err, but never the blood.
Nice salt pouch, asshole
barely getting bi

~Endeavour was here~
~Mike Was Here~
Elysium is the one tru brodie
Sailor Mars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 3rd, 2018, 10:52 PM   #12
SethfromMI
Legendary Member
 
SethfromMI's Forum Picture
 
Name: Seth
Join Date: October 10, 2014
Location: Ann Arbor, MI
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Default Re: MLB Baseball 2018 talk, discussion, rant, brag thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mars View Post
@BlackParadePixie I guess so? I dunno. CC is still pitching, Tanaka just needs to work on consistency bc hes a great pitcher when he has a good day, but he can also give away a ton of hits and runs which sucks. Also, Chapman is a GREAT closing pitcher. Idk, i feel they hve a solid team this year. Solid pitchers, great young and powerful hitters (Judge, Didi, Stanton, Gardner, etc.) so i think well do pretty good!
As I alluded to in my post, we don't always know just how much a player has been worked when they come from Japan, the Caribbean, or a South America team (though Japan usually keeps better records). Yankees are one of the favorites though. I have Stanton and Chapman on my fantasy team. So while I dislike the Yankees, I want them to produce like crazy for me. I also have Sanchez and Gregorious. It was an auto draft and I guess they decided I needed a lot of Yankees

19 | M | BI

Always Up For A Chat!


~ Seth
Likes: (1)
SethfromMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 3rd, 2018, 11:00 PM   #13
Sailor Mars
Global Moderator
 
Sailor Mars's Forum Picture
 
Join Date: August 26, 2015
Location: NYC
Gender: Female
Default Re: MLB Baseball 2018 talk, discussion, rant, brag thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by SethfromMI View Post
As I alluded to in my post, we don't always know just how much a player has been worked when they come from Japan, the Caribbean, or a South America team (though Japan usually keeps better records). Yankees are one of the favorites though. I have Stanton and Chapman on my fantasy team. So while I dislike the Yankees, I want them to produce like crazy for me. I also have Sanchez and Gregorious. It was an auto draft and I guess they decided I needed a lot of Yankees
Ive always kinda been interested in doing fantasy sports like hockey or baseball but I never knew how n never got into it but meh. Also, ya I agree, theres always some risk bc u can have a player who plays GREAT, FANTASTIC for one team and a certain environment n u trade them to your team and theyre just?? Not good ykno? But Yanks have some solid ass players

"The head may err, but never the blood.
Nice salt pouch, asshole
barely getting bi

~Endeavour was here~
~Mike Was Here~
Elysium is the one tru brodie
Sailor Mars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 3rd, 2018, 11:03 PM   #14
SethfromMI
Legendary Member
 
SethfromMI's Forum Picture
 
Name: Seth
Join Date: October 10, 2014
Location: Ann Arbor, MI
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Default Re: MLB Baseball 2018 talk, discussion, rant, brag thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mars View Post
Ive always kinda been interested in doing fantasy sports like hockey or baseball but I never knew how n never got into it but meh. Also, ya I agree, theres always some risk bc u can have a player who plays GREAT, FANTASTIC for one team and a certain environment n u trade them to your team and theyre just?? Not good ykno? But Yanks have some solid ass players
There are some fantasy leagues you can do with strangers, but it is nice to do with at least some people you know. It is fun because it will sometimes make you want to pay attention to games or players you wouldn't normally be interested in. and yea, it does pain me, but Yankees have a killer lineup and should be in the playoffs unless something goes horribly wrong for them.

19 | M | BI

Always Up For A Chat!


~ Seth
SethfromMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2018, 04:59 PM   #15
MasonBA
Nice Poster
 
Name: Mason
Join Date: March 31, 2018
Location: CT
Age: 13
Gender: Male
Default Re: MLB Baseball 2018 talk, discussion, rant, brag thread

looking forward to the season being a Red Sox fan. Yanks are going to be really tough this year with Judge and Stanton, plus Didi and Sanchez. I do like Boston's pitching better, and not just so far this season. If Price is healthy, and Porcello pitches like he did 2 years ago, with Sale it's a pretty good front 3.
MasonBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 5th, 2018, 11:27 PM   #16
Falcons_11
VT Lover
 
Join Date: October 12, 2015
Age: 16
Gender: Male
Default Re: MLB Baseball 2018 talk, discussion, rant, brag thread

My team is the Astros. I'm praying for a repeat of last season.
Likes: (1)
Falcons_11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 6th, 2018, 06:44 PM   #17
MasonBA
Nice Poster
 
Name: Mason
Join Date: March 31, 2018
Location: CT
Age: 13
Gender: Male
Default Re: MLB Baseball 2018 talk, discussion, rant, brag thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcons_11 View Post
My team is the Astros. I'm praying for a repeat of last season.
Astros were great last year. Springer is a really good player, and from UCONN which is pretty cool
Likes: (1)
MasonBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 8th, 2018, 08:54 PM   #18
jasondrums
Member+
 
Join Date: July 16, 2017
Gender: Male
Default Re: MLB Baseball 2018 talk, discussion, rant, brag thread

The Rangers, like every team I cheer for in every sport right now, really suck. They need to trade everyone but Gallo and Mazara and probably Odor (just because nobody is going to take that stupid ass contract they gave him) and lose 100 games for a few years while they restock the minors.
jasondrums is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 8th, 2018, 10:17 PM   #19
JTRacer
New Member
 
Name: JT
Join Date: March 14, 2018
Location: California
Age: 13
Gender: Male
Default Re: MLB Baseball 2018 talk, discussion, rant, brag thread

Braves infield is the best defense ive ever seen. Was watching a game the other day and it was insane. Ozzie Albies & dansby swanson amazing.

ANd I'm not an angels fan but Ohtani is out of this world ridiculous.
JTRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 12th, 2018, 11:03 PM   #20
jasondrums
Member+
 
Join Date: July 16, 2017
Gender: Male
Default Re: MLB Baseball 2018 talk, discussion, rant, brag thread

Elvis Andrus out 6-8 weeks. Is it time for football yet?
jasondrums is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:05 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright©2000 - 2018
Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 2004 - 2018, VirtualTeen.org