Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old September 10th, 2019, 10:23 PM   #1
Karkat
Knight of Blood

Karkat's Forum Picture

Name: Ren Hek
Default Progress Part 2: Electric Boogaloo

In the short 22 days since I made the Progress thread, my life has improved infinitely.

Then:

-I was sleeping in my car. I felt disgusting constantly, and avoided working beause of it/being afraid of smelling disgusting to passengers etc
-I was constantly low on money, food, and gas. I rarely showered because I rarely had the ability to.
-I literally had a nervous breakdown, and was on the brink of suicide.
-I felt hopeless.

But I still held on to what little hope I had left, and I survived.

Now:

-I live in a secure, comfortable place with 3 friends. It's a motor home, so while it's not the most glamorous, it's a newer one, everything works, we have a tv, it's actually pretty sweet in ways. Like my own personal tour bus. That's what I pretend sometimes, anyways ahaha
Oh, and rent is cheap
-I just got through the hiring proccess at Amazon for Prime delivery, and will start 'officially' (Even though I've technically already worked a few days) very soon.
-I am back to making money
-Life is a constant adventure
-I'm still going through a lot, I'm still broken and in a lot of physical and emotional pain that I'll have to deal with indefinitely- hell, I'm even still mildly struggling with depression and sometimes I get really stressed out

But I finally feel hope again

Things are starting to get better

Please, even when you feel like there's no way out, don't give up hope. There's always hope. With hard work, and perserverence, you WILL make it. Don't let anyone or anything take that drive away from you. You deserve to live, thrive, and be happy.

If you're looking for a sign to hold on, this is it.

You can do this.
I promise.

Ren
Old fart
Feel free to check out my Tumblr
Karkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 11th, 2019, 09:14 PM   #2
karacoustic
Awesome Poster

karacoustic's Forum Picture

Name: Kara
Default Re: Progress Part 2: Electric Boogaloo

I love what you said about life being a constant adventure. It will have its highs and lows for sure. The problem is that sometimes when we are feeling low, its hard to remember what the highs feel like or think i may ever feel that way again!! But.... it comes to pass. We come out through on the other side. Thank you for the message of hope.

So long and thanks for all the fish!
karacoustic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 21st, 2019, 08:22 PM   #3
Microcosm
Awesome Poster

Microcosm's Forum Picture

Name: Dan

Good to hear your optimism, Ren, This really brightened up my day.

previously anonymousteen14 & Rainbow Dash.
Microcosm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 29th, 2019, 08:14 PM   #4
swimjoey1
Member++

Name: Joey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karkat View Post
In the short 22 days since I made the Progress thread, my life has improved infinitely.

Then:

-I was sleeping in my car. I felt disgusting constantly, and avoided working beause of it/being afraid of smelling disgusting to passengers etc
-I was constantly low on money, food, and gas. I rarely showered because I rarely had the ability to.
-I felt hopeless.

Now:

-I live in a secure, comfortable place with 3 friends. It's a motor home, so while it's not the most glamorous, it's a newer one, everything works, we have a tv, it's actually pretty sweet in ways. Like my own personal tour bus. That's what I pretend sometimes, anyways ahaha
Oh, and rent is cheap
-I just got through the hiring proccess at Amazon for Prime delivery, and will start 'officially' (Even though I've technically already worked a few days) very soon.
-I'm still going through a lot, I'm still broken and in a lot of physical and emotional pain that I'll have to deal with indefinitely- hell, I'm even still mildly struggling with depression and sometimes I get really stressed out

Please, even when you feel like there's no way out, don't give up hope. There's always hope. With hard work, and perserverence, you WILL make it. Don't let anyone or anything take that drive away from you. You deserve to live, thrive, and be happy.

You can do this.
I promise.

Thats awesome... I was kind of down today. And reading this made me feel better and given me hope. Thanks
swimjoey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 21st, 2019, 07:05 PM   #5
Karkat
Knight of Blood

Karkat's Forum Picture

Name: Ren Hek

Quote:
Originally Posted by swimjoey1 View Post
Thats awesome... I was kind of down today. And reading this made me feel better and given me hope. Thanks
I'm really glad!

Ren
Old fart
Feel free to check out my Tumblr
Karkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 25th, 2019, 09:08 PM   #6
Jaded

Jaded's Forum Picture

Name: Girl.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karkat View Post

Then:

-I felt hopeless.

Now:

Oh, and rent is cheap

You can do this.
I promise.
Hey there,

I am totally moved by your story. I had to post although its after the fact.
I did sleep in my car many nights but I always had a home to go back to.. I doubt it similar to your situation.
I woke up every 20min and the mosquitos devoured me. I was so hot and uncomfortable. Even woke up once gaping for air.
It was not easy and I totally know what you went through.
Im so glad life is on the uphill.

Bye for now.

Accio Amore

Jaded is offline   Reply With Quote