Old September 14th, 2018, 02:34 PM   #21
BlackParadePixie
hello beautiful

BlackParadePixie's Forum Picture

Name: Fiona
Default Re: The Earth Is Flat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Full100 View Post
If the earth were a constantly curving BALL the horizon would be fixed and you would look farther and farther down at the horizon as you ascended higher and higher.
someone does not understand size and scale

the earth is thousands of miles around...you have to travel hundreds of miles into the atmosphere to be able to begin to see the curvature of the earth/horizon. last time I checked, airplanes only fly at around 40,000 feet...that's only 7 and a half miles.

18 - f - Wes Anderson fan - proud Italian-American - future UCLA Bruin

But for now we are young
Let us lay in the sun
and count every beautiful thing we can see

Old September 14th, 2018, 03:42 PM   #22
Full100

Full100's Forum Picture

As you increase in altitude in an airplane, a hot air balloon, or some other aircraft, the distant horizon always stays at eye level no matter how high you go. Not only that, it stays at eye level in all 360-degrees around you!

The North Star Polaris has never moved from its position above the North Pole, and it never will. And all of the other stars in the sky revolve around the North Star. How is this possible if everything in the (so called) universe is forever rotating, orbiting, and constantly moving further out into space in different directions?

Think about it.
Old September 14th, 2018, 05:05 PM   #23
BlackParadePixie
hello beautiful

Quote:
As you increase in altitude in an airplane, a hot air balloon, or some other aircraft, the distant horizon always stays at eye level no matter how high you go.
again...size and scale completely elude your comprehension. The fact of the matter is that the curvature of the earth can be detected from ground level, it is just not noticeable to the naked eye. You would definitely be able to see it from the international space station...but now I guess you're going to tell me that is fake to

But for now we are young
Let us lay in the sun

Old September 14th, 2018, 05:21 PM   #24
lliam
Awesome Poster

lliam's Forum Picture

Name: Liam
Location: The road opposite the big lake on the island in front of the big city on the mainland.

Quote:
Think about it.

Just book a trip to the ISS. And after your arrival let's talk seriously about Earth being flat, eh.

"Life is that prison you'll never leave alive."

Old September 14th, 2018, 05:52 PM   #25
Full100

Full100's Forum Picture

The International Space Station is just a hoax. There is no ISS in space, no space walks and no docking of the shuttle with the ISS. It is all Hollywood...

What evidence do YOU actually have? without using NASA CGI/animations

Quote from the Red Hot Chilli Peppers lyrics ''Space may be the final frontier but it's made in a Hollywood basement
And Cobain can you hear the spheres singing songs off Station To Station?
And Alderaan's not far away, it's Californication''
Old September 14th, 2018, 06:53 PM   #26
BlackParadePixie
hello beautiful

NASA = nothing but lies

Red Hot Chili Pepper's lyrics = gospel truth

I think the troll has been fed enough.

But for now we are young
Let us lay in the sun

Old September 14th, 2018, 07:08 PM   #27
Full100

Full100's Forum Picture

Why is it so hard for people to comprehend that the ISS footage is fake and is filmed on Earth? Just because you saw objects floating in the ISS, hair flowing in zero gravity? Or perhaps because you think that you saw out the windows of the ISS into space this means it is actually in space? The same effect is achieved for Hollywood. Yet they do not need to actually go into space to film it.
Old September 14th, 2018, 07:13 PM   #28
lliam
Awesome Poster

lliam's Forum Picture

Name: Liam
Location: The road opposite the big lake on the island in front of the big city on the mainland.

@Full100 - That's what you claim.

Ah, you turn the tables. Tricky but clever. But 'm afraid to have to disappoint you, because I don't argue on a scientific basis, if at all. Because personalIy don't need any evidence. It's just a matter of believe in or not believe in those stuff.

I grew up in a reality, where things such as time, gravity and therefore space and ball shaped planets exists. According to my subtle individually, more subconscious than conscious, expierences with this reality, your so far posted evidences doesn't fit into my view on this reality either.

And that's it. No need to argue about it, as I said above, it's just a matter off believe in. Or even not. Believin' needs no proof.

What you, and thousands of other people who may share your opinion, provide as evidence is just a very special interpretation of the same reality of Einstein's theories, the ISS revolving around a sphered Earth and such.

I don't have to know which interpretation is correct or not, because both have no great influence on my everyday life. And just those struggles really matter.

Tbh, this thread is imo more of a thread of a spirtual dispute than a science-based thread. It's more about faith-based issues bordering on conspiracy theories.

But if I discover one day that all the scientists, kings, and governments have lied to us through the centuries, I'll do anything possible to send them to Mars or further.

btw: I like californication ... that hot chilli peppering song ... or the term in general, cause I'm up to being a part of doing californication some day.

Life itself is an illussion anyway ... Buddha.

"Life is that prison you'll never leave alive."

Old September 14th, 2018, 07:20 PM   #29
Full100

Full100's Forum Picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackParadePixie View Post
NASA = nothing but lies

Red Hot Chili Pepper's lyrics = gospel truth

I think the troll has been fed enough.
Okay
Old September 14th, 2018, 07:25 PM   #30
BlackParadePixie
hello beautiful

Quote:
Why is it so hard for people to comprehend that the ISS footage is fake and is filmed on Earth? Just because you saw objects floating in the ISS, hair flowing in zero gravity? Or perhaps because you think that you saw out the windows of the ISS into space this means it is actually in space? The same effect is achieved for Hollywood. Yet they do not need to actually go into space to film it.
Because to believe any of this...you have to accept the fact that space is fake. All of the other planets do not exist. I can't accept this because learned men hundreds of years ago observed them and were able to determine that they (as well as the earth) were round (spherical) without the technology of today. If we live in a dome...how did they construct this said dome so many thousands or millions of years ago? where did the dome come from? what's on the other side? your ideas are ridiculous.

But for now we are young
Let us lay in the sun

Old September 14th, 2018, 07:29 PM   #31
HeyCameron
Member++

HeyCameron's Forum Picture

Name: Cameron

Train, "If It's Love"

On a spinning ball in the middle of space
I love you from your toes to your face

Now see here in these lyrics we have evidence of a spheroid earth, likened to a "ball". Patrick Monahan is generally known for his cringey descriptions and awkward metaphors, but here his grasp of astronomy is on point.

I spent a year suspended in air
My mind on the gap, my head on the stairs
Old September 14th, 2018, 07:31 PM   #32
BlackParadePixie
hello beautiful

Let's just put this flat earth theory to bed once and for all.

Stars/constellations. Why do people in the southern hemisphere see different stars than people in the northern hemisphere? If the earth were really flat, wouldn't we all be seeing the same stars?

But for now we are young
Let us lay in the sun

Old September 14th, 2018, 07:35 PM   #33
Voice_Of_Unreason
Awesome Poster

Voice_Of_Unreason's Forum Picture

If the Earth is flat, how exactly did an ancient Greek guy calculate the circumference of the Earth using plain old observation and spherical geometry and have a result that is almost exactly the same as our current observations? Does the conspiracy head back all the way to before the birth of Christ? Mathematically, how can you even present evidence of a flat Earth?
Old September 14th, 2018, 07:36 PM   #34
HeyCameron
Member++

HeyCameron's Forum Picture

Name: Cameron

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackParadePixie View Post
Let's just put this flat earth theory to bed once and for all.

Stars/constellations. Why do people in the southern hemisphere see different stars than people in the northern hemisphere? If the earth were really flat, wouldn't we all be seeing the same stars?
Who says the southern hemisphere even exists though? Australia is a preposterous concoction. Am I supposed to believe there are giant hopping animals with pouches and duck-billed mammals that lay eggs? Australia is a bizarre fusion of Africa, California, and England. Easy to fake. And don't even get me started on "New" Zealand.

I spent a year suspended in air
My mind on the gap, my head on the stairs
Old September 14th, 2018, 08:03 PM   #35
Just Tim
Nice Poster

Just Tim's Forum Picture

Name: Timothy

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyCameron View Post
Who says the southern hemisphere even exists though? Australia is a preposterous concoction. Am I supposed to believe there are giant hopping animals with pouches and duck-billed mammals that lay eggs? Australia is a bizarre fusion of Africa, California, and England. Easy to fake. And don't even get me started on "New" Zealand.
Says you, you Californian commie!

JUST TIM
Also known as, the hash-slinging slasher

Old September 15th, 2018, 12:17 AM   #36
mattsmith48
VT Voice of reason

Name: matt

Quote:
Hollywood simulate zero G by flying a plane at high altitude and letting it free fall back to earth, caused by gravity, creating a zero G effect for a few seconds, to make a scene of a couple minutes they need to keep repeating this process for hours. Seems like a lot of work to fake live footage anyone with an internet connection can see at anytime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattsmith48
There is no such thing as liberal or conservative media, the only thing the media cares about is either money or the truth.
Old September 15th, 2018, 09:17 AM   #37
Jinglebottom

Jinglebottom's Forum Picture

Yeah I think that's enough.

General Discussions Moderator

PM - VM

*Mars was here*
Closed Thread