Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > > > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old October 1st, 2015, 06:20 AM   #141
Gumleaf
Former Whatever

Gumleaf's Forum Picture

Name: Stephen
Default Re: Reality Game Shows (Survivor, Big Brother, Amazing Race, etc...)

So after consecutive nights of watching celebrity apprentice and survivor, I have a new idea for a show. It can be called Suvrentice. Basically it starts off with Survivor rules, but at tribal council Jeff Probst fires a tribe member based on the info he receives at tribal council. Ok, so probably not a great idea.

Week 3 of Celebrity Apprentice Australia resulted in the second American player being fired. Geoff Edelston was fired for not raising enough money in the challenge. So now after 3 eps, the girls have won 2 challenges and the guys 1. I'm looking forward to when they mix things up and the teams are not gender based anymore.

It's only week 2 of survivor and the scrambling has begun already. I guess that's an advantage of having a series of all returning players. They all know each others games from seeing them in the past. Still think it's going to be a good season.

stephen

Always Hawthorn

Hawthorn Football Club

Strong As One

~Laura was here~
~Jessi should have been here~
Gumleaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 29th, 2015, 06:08 AM   #142
Gumleaf
Former Whatever

Gumleaf's Forum Picture

Celebrity Apprentice Australia is really heating up now. We're down to the final five players now after Tegan Martin was fired last night. Left in the contest are Mel Grieg, Sophie Monk, Richard Reid, Matt Cooper and Tim Dormer. I think the most likely winner at this time will be Mel Grieg. Richard Reid is a possibility too, however he seems to become easily emotional and therefore can easily become a liability. Will be interesting to see how it pans out.

I've obviously missed the first 2 or 3 episodes of The Amazing Race and only saw my first ep last week. I really don't know much about the contestants yet other than "team Texas" seem to have a decent rivalry going with a TAR fanatic pair. Hopefully i'll start to get into it in the coming weeks too.

I haven't seen this week's Survivor yet. Last week's blindside was good. It's about time things get shaken up a bit and not so predictable. I'm wondering whether things will go back to 2 tribes or straight to a merge first? Will be interesting viewing!

stephen

Always Hawthorn

Hawthorn Football Club

Strong As One

~Laura was here~
Old November 13th, 2015, 04:55 PM   #143
Emerald Dream
Forever Green

Emerald Dream's Forum Picture

Name: Allison

Survivor this week -

- I can understand Kelley being happy that she was able to use the immunity idol and save herself (and negate all those votes against her), but calm the hell down with the snark girl. You look like the Jenn (last year) when you do that stupid shit. Savage's alliance (and he himself) is not very smart for not even planning for it, btw.

- Keith is underrated when it comes to stuff like the immunity challenge this week (I know he won it in his first season). In fact, a lot of older people are. Don't sleep on these folks when they play.

- Joe is good, but I....just don't see "it" with others being attracted to him. He does nothing for me. Most people on this show never have. They'll never let him get close to the end of this game, if they have the chance to vote him off.

- Whatever happened to "jury can't talk during tribal council?" Seriously - Probst please tell Kass to STFU. It's neither funny, nor entertaining...because she herself sucks so bad that she makes crazy Phillip the "FBI Agent" look like a master player.

- I like the big color blocks challenge - not the rowing and swimming part, but the puzzle part. That looks like fun.
Emerald Dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 16th, 2015, 04:36 AM   #144
Gumleaf
Former Whatever

Gumleaf's Forum Picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emerald Dream View Post
Survivor this week -

- I can understand Kelley being happy that she was able to use the immunity idol and save herself (and negate all those votes against her), but calm the hell down with the snark girl. You look like the Jenn (last year) when you do that stupid shit. Savage's alliance (and he himself) is not very smart for not even planning for it, btw.

- Keith is underrated when it comes to stuff like the immunity challenge this week (I know he won it in his first season). In fact, a lot of older people are. Don't sleep on these folks when they play.

- Joe is good, but I....just don't see "it" with others being attracted to him. He does nothing for me. Most people on this show never have. They'll never let him get close to the end of this game, if they have the chance to vote him off.

- Whatever happened to "jury can't talk during tribal council?" Seriously - Probst please tell Kass to STFU. It's neither funny, nor entertaining...because she herself sucks so bad that she makes crazy Phillip the "FBI Agent" look like a master player.

- I like the big color blocks challenge - not the rowing and swimming part, but the puzzle part. That looks like fun.
I agree with your thoughts Ali. I finally got around to watching this last night. Wentworth has done herself no favours and most likely barring an immunity win will be shafted next time just from how she carried on this week. That being said, things seem to change quickly in this game so who knows.

Kass pisses me off delux and I was thrilled to see her gone. What is it with everyone giving each other the bird or one finger salute or whatever you choose to call it? This is probably the most angry season I can recall.

Joe can only succeed by winning immunity and he won't be able to keep that up forever.

stephen

Always Hawthorn

Hawthorn Football Club

Strong As One

~Laura was here~
Old November 18th, 2015, 05:46 PM   #145
Gumleaf
Former Whatever

Gumleaf's Forum Picture

So Celebrity Apprentice Australia wrapped up last night after probably one of the best seasons yet of the show. Leading into the finale we had two candidates left to win the $100,000 charity money from Mr. Bouris. The final two were Tim Dormer and Sophie Monk. I have to say, if you watched the first 2 or 3 eps of the series and then didn't watch to the final episode and saw how Tim and Sophie were early on, you would be thinking seeing them in the final two, how is an absolute bloody mystery. That being said, they have played two very different games. Tim stirred the pot and threw others under the bus in a very strategic game. Sophie tried to fly under the radar, but then perform when you least expected it. Anyways, the winner was actor/musician/radio broadcaster Sophie Monk, and looking back over the series and seeing how she developed as a business person, she was a deserved winner and I preferred her to win than Tim. Good series, hopefully channel 9 do another series next year.

stephen

Always Hawthorn

Hawthorn Football Club

Strong As One

~Laura was here~
Old November 20th, 2015, 05:17 AM   #146
Gumleaf
Former Whatever

Gumleaf's Forum Picture

What I'm enjoying about Survivor this season is that you can go from one episode to the next and have no idea who will be the next to go. In previous seasons you had a general idea most of the time who was going next. Hopefully the unpredictability of this season will continue. In further Survivor news, Channel 10 are apparently reviving Survivor Australia next year. Interesting that it's Channel 10 doing it when the American Survivor is on Channel 9. I wonder if they'll run them at the same time? We'll see I guess.

stephen

Always Hawthorn

Hawthorn Football Club

Strong As One

~Laura was here~
Old December 4th, 2015, 07:58 PM   #147
Gumleaf
Former Whatever

Gumleaf's Forum Picture

I'm still enjoying this season of Survivor. The family visit ep always gets to me. I got emo just watching it. I have to say at this point, I'm a Spencer fan although I don't think he will win. Abi and Wentworth both rub me up the wrong way and I do hope that they don't make it to the end. I'm going to take a guess that the all girls alliance won't work. I think Keith is in trouble if he doesn't win immunity because based on the last vote, he seems to be in no mans lands. Anyways, will be interested to see what happens.

stephen

Always Hawthorn

Hawthorn Football Club

Strong As One

~Laura was here~
Old December 5th, 2015, 05:21 PM   #148
Emerald Dream
Forever Green

I am still laughing at this past episode of TAR. Did they actually attempt to edit Justin and Diana as people you're supposed to be sympathetic towards?

Just LOL.

The only memorable moment in an entire season of forgettable people. This cast sucks monkey nuts.
Old December 23rd, 2015, 06:43 AM   #149
Gumleaf
Former Whatever

Gumleaf's Forum Picture

I finally got around to watching the Survivor finale today. This was such an awesome season, probably the best I can remember. I guess if there was a let down, the final vote for a winner was a fizzer. You could tell as the final tribal council was happening who was going to win.

On a side note, idk what ch 7 are doing here? We are already at least a couple of weeks, maybe more, behind the US and now there is no sign of them airing the season finale. I might have to google it!

stephen

Always Hawthorn

Hawthorn Football Club

Strong As One

~Laura was here~
Old January 1st, 2016, 08:04 PM   #150
Gumleaf
Former Whatever

Gumleaf's Forum Picture

Well I finally saw the finale of TAR just now. I think Ali is right. It wasn't a great cast at all this season. I was happy with who the winners were. It was great that the team who would always come in second won the leg that matters. I wouldn't have been bothered if the Green team won either. As arrogant as they are, they would have been deserving winners too. The Paparazzi team pissed me off with the way they carried on and I'm so glad they came in last. Fingers crossed the next season is better.

stephen

Always Hawthorn

Hawthorn Football Club

Strong As One

~Laura was here~
Old February 4th, 2016, 05:17 AM   #151
Gumleaf
Former Whatever

Gumleaf's Forum Picture

Well the first week of "I'm a celebrity, get me out of here" has just finished. As usual, for the most part, the celebrities are D list at best. This season has no international contestants. The marque celebrity this season is Shane Warne, however the rest hardly count as celebrities if I'm honest. I haven't even heard of a few of them. The ones I do know are Brandon Fevola, former Carlton and Brisbane Lions AFL player. Paul "The Chief" Harragon, former Newcastle Knights rugby league player. Akmal Saleh, stand up comedian. "DJ" Havana Brown, DJ and music artist. Anthany Callea, music artist. Jo Beth Taylor, an irregular tv presenter. There are 5 other contestants who I didn't know before the game started. I do think they have a good variety of people this series. I guess the x factor of having an international celebrity in it is missing, but at least it ensures that only an Australian can win. Will be interesting to see what happens.

stephen

Always Hawthorn

Hawthorn Football Club

Strong As One

~Laura was here~
Old February 12th, 2016, 03:47 AM   #152
Gumleaf
Former Whatever

Gumleaf's Forum Picture

Well I'm a Celebrity Get me out of here has finished week two. Courtney the iron woman left after week one. Some players who I would suggest have smaller fan bases such as Jo Beth, Bonnie and Dean would likely be on the firing line this week. I think Shane Warne would have to be a favourite to win, with possibly Havana Brown as a dark horse. Will be interesting to see who goes Sunday night.

stephen

Always Hawthorn

Hawthorn Football Club

Strong As One

~Laura was here~
Old February 21st, 2016, 04:52 AM   #153
Gumleaf
Former Whatever

Gumleaf's Forum Picture

Well the start of Survivor was confusing for me as usual. I mean, it usually takes me to the merge to know the names of all the people! The only ones I know by name is Thi, the crazy Asian dude who's in the beauty tribe, and how he is on that tribe is an absolute bloody mystery. The only other person I know by name, well nickname, is Obama. He does very much looks like the President. Hopefully it will be a good series with some great personalities coming out.

Meanwhile, on I'm a celebrity, get me out of here. After the end of week two comedian Akmal Saleh received the lowest votes and was eliminated, much to his relief because off the record the producers had a hard time keeping him from quitting. Just tonight Bonnie, or Bon Bon, as she was known by the other celebrities, was eliminated. Hers was no surprise just for the fact that she would have a small supporters base. I with only three weeks left and 9 celebs left, the mass eliminations will likely start soon.

Any sign of TAR starting again in the US? Channel 7 broadcast it nearly a month late here which is frustrating, but I'll still be watching. Hopefully we'll have an Australian series this year since we didn't last year.

stephen

Always Hawthorn

Hawthorn Football Club

Strong As One

~Laura was here~
Old February 21st, 2016, 11:49 AM   #154
Emerald Dream
Forever Green

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumleaf View Post

Any sign of TAR starting again in the US? Channel 7 broadcast it nearly a month late here which is frustrating, but I'll still be watching. Hopefully we'll have an Australian series this year since we didn't last year.
TAR has already aired the first two episodes of the new season here, and I hate it. I hate the theme of "internet celebrities" doing this show, because in general - I don't think of internet celebrities as actual celebrities, and making them out to be is kinda grasping at straws for relevance to me.

I actually liked the first episode of Survivor, even though I had to watch the last part of it online. The local station that shows Survivor here has a longstanding contract to show a certain number of college basketball games in primetime throughout the year, and the night this episode of Survivor aired (and the series finale of The Mentalist a few years ago, which really pissed me off tbh) was one of them. I was only able to see the first hour on TV.

I like this group of people (except a few), though. If it's half as good as last season, then it should be good to watch. I even have a favorite already, though picking anyone with the whole cast still there is looking at a long shot.

eta - I started to wonder at what point a doctor would come in to look at someone's ear, which was bleeding from a bug being in it. I know it's Survivor, but that bothered me a little.

Last edited by Emerald Dream; February 21st, 2016 at 11:58 AM.
Old February 23rd, 2016, 03:18 AM   #155
Gumleaf
Former Whatever

Gumleaf's Forum Picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emerald Dream View Post
TAR has already aired the first two episodes of the new season here, and I hate it. I hate the theme of "internet celebrities" doing this show, because in general - I don't think of internet celebrities as actual celebrities, and making them out to be is kinda grasping at straws for relevance to me.

I actually liked the first episode of Survivor, even though I had to watch the last part of it online. The local station that shows Survivor here has a longstanding contract to show a certain number of college basketball games in primetime throughout the year, and the night this episode of Survivor aired (and the series finale of The Mentalist a few years ago, which really pissed me off tbh) was one of them. I was only able to see the first hour on TV.

I like this group of people (except a few), though. If it's half as good as last season, then it should be good to watch. I even have a favorite already, though picking anyone with the whole cast still there is looking at a long shot.

eta - I started to wonder at what point a doctor would come in to look at someone's ear, which was bleeding from a bug being in it. I know it's Survivor, but that bothered me a little.
That must be annoying with survivor being broadcast that way. I wish Ch7 would be more proactive with TAR even if it airs late at night. The last season of TAR finally got to the finale episode on new years eve! There is still no sign of it yet here where in contrast Ch9 air Survivor on a Thursday night. When you take into account the time differences, we are watching it only about 5-8 hours after you guys. If it was only the same for TAR. Hopefully the basketball doesn't clash too often for you!

I think the last season of Survivor was the best yet and will be hard to top. I don't have any favourite yet to win. The bug in the ear incident was rather interesting too.

stephen

Always Hawthorn

Hawthorn Football Club

Strong As One

~Laura was here~
Old March 7th, 2016, 05:15 AM   #156
Gumleaf
Former Whatever

Gumleaf's Forum Picture

So I'm a celebrity get me out of here has entered it's final week where someone is eliminated each night. In recent weeks Dean Geyer, Val Lehman and now tonight Jo Beth Taylor have all gone, leaving a final 6 of Laurina, "DJ" Havana Brown, Brandon Fevola, Shane Warne, Anthony Callea and Paul "The Chief" Harragon. It's hard to pick a winner from here, but I think Fev or Warnie are a good possibility. I've enjoyed the season and it's going to be weird next week not having this on to watch.

stephen

Always Hawthorn

Hawthorn Football Club

Strong As One

~Laura was here~
Old March 12th, 2016, 03:55 AM   #157
Gumleaf
Former Whatever

Gumleaf's Forum Picture

To try and be distracted from other things, I'm watching Survivor from this week. The three medical incidents in one challenge was quite unprecedented. Given who was evacuated and how the immunity challenges are panning out, I don't think it will have much influence in the game.

stephen

Always Hawthorn

Hawthorn Football Club

Strong As One

~Laura was here~
Old March 13th, 2016, 05:11 AM   #158
Gumleaf
Former Whatever

Gumleaf's Forum Picture

I'm a celebrity get me out of here has just wrapped up with the finalists being two retired football players with Brandon Fevola (aka Fev) former Aussie Rules player for Carlton and Brisbane Lions and Paul Harragon (aka The Chief) former National Rugby League premiership winning captain for the Newcastle Knights. Last year the finalists were also sporting celebrities which shows that it's an advantage to be sporting celebrity. Fev ended up winning which was a good result. Being a Newcastle boy I was cheering on Chief, but in the end it didn't bother me who won. In the finale the families of the finalists come into the jungle and that brought tears to my eyes because of the emotion of Fev and Chief. Anyways, now I have the revived Australian version of Survivor that ch10 are doing this year to look forward to now.

stephen

Always Hawthorn

Hawthorn Football Club

Strong As One

~Laura was here~
Old April 19th, 2016, 06:51 AM   #159
Gumleaf
Former Whatever

Gumleaf's Forum Picture

So I've just got around to watching last weeks survivor episode. I have to say, after a slow start, the season is getting better and more exciting. Back to back blindsides has been a refreshing change to what had been a predictable season so far.

The Amazing Race is again another boring season if I'm honest. I haven't really got into it much. I have no favourite and really don't care that much.

So Australian Survivor is going to be revived this year. It's going to be shot between May and July and we'll hopefully start seeing it during September. The last time Australian Survivor was done, it was made by Channel 9 who also broadcast the American Survivor. This time Channel 10 will be doing Australian Survivor, which will mean simultaneous Survivors for me in the back end of the year.

stephen

Always Hawthorn

Hawthorn Football Club

Strong As One

~Laura was here~
Old May 14th, 2016, 08:27 PM   #160
Emerald Dream
Forever Green

This season of the Amazing Race (a show which I love, and will probably always love) was so incredibly shitty that I fell asleep during the finale. The winners were pretty much par for this dull crapfest.

Stop the bad stunt casting, please. Especially with pseudo-celebrities. A handful of online "celebrities" aren't real famous people.