Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > > > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old January 20th, 2014, 09:27 PM   #81
baseballfan
Junior Member+

Default Re: Reality Game Shows (Survivor, Big Brother, Amazing Race, etc...)

These shows are just guilty pleasures a lot of them are highly edited and scripted.
baseballfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 20th, 2014, 09:34 PM   #82
Green Arrow
Great Poster

Green Arrow's Forum Picture

Name: Tom

I LOVE amazing race, haven't watched it in ages though.

"The name, it's stupid! Why would anyone want to be named 'Green Arrow'?" - Oliver Queen (Green Arrow)
Green Arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 1st, 2014, 04:08 PM   #83
Emerald Dream
Forever Green

Emerald Dream's Forum Picture

Name: Allison

I love that both Amazing Race and Survivor are back.

Amazing Race - Even though I don't like that CBS likes to recycle reality show contestants over and over again (sometimes for a third and fourth time), I think this has the potential to be be alright. I was happy to see the most annoying team get eliminated right from the start. I do like Mallory pairing with Mark at the last minute (I do think she is good). But why the Big Brother team, the cowboys, and the Globetrotters again? I am glad they brought back Dave and Connor because of the injury on their season, but why not bring back James and Abba...who were decent but messed up with the passport?

Survivor - I am not sure if I like the whole Brains vs Beauty vs Brawn thing. I know that they will probably be all mixed up anyway within the next few episodes....but this has got to be the dumbest bunch of "smart" people I have ever seen. Not saying that I disagree with the first boot, but they will never win a challenge at all with the group they are left with after the second TC. I'm not even sure I like anyone at all on this show yet.
Emerald Dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 1st, 2014, 04:56 PM   #84
Ben101
Member++

Ben101's Forum Picture

Name: Ben

Never heard of Amazing Race. I watch I'm A Celebrity......Get Me Out Of Here! Which is very similar to Survivor (I think) and I love Big Brother!

(Im from the UK)
Ben101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 1st, 2014, 06:20 PM   #85
Emerald Dream
Forever Green

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben101 View Post
Never heard of Amazing Race. I watch I'm A Celebrity......Get Me Out Of Here! Which is very similar to Survivor (I think) and I love Big Brother!

(Im from the UK)
I love that there are different versions of these shows in a lot of countries
Old March 1st, 2014, 06:37 PM   #86
radsniper
Member++

radsniper's Forum Picture

survivor is pretty sucky this season and the ''brains'' are not smart hence their position right now

250 posts at 1:39 4/2/2014
radsniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 1st, 2014, 08:16 PM   #87
Gumleaf
Former Whatever

Gumleaf's Forum Picture

Name: Stephen

My fav shows are Survivor, (Celebrity) Apprentice and Amazing Race.

Love them all. Unfortunately the Amazing Race started in Aust. without me noticing and I've missed half the series, but I have Survivor recorded from the first ep last week and will watch it soon. I love all the strategy part and connecting with the contestants to see what will happen. As for Celebrity Apprentice, we have our own Australian version of it based on the Donald Trump US version. I enjoy it too. Most other reality game shows I don't get in to. The only talent one I like is X-Factor.

stephen

Always Hawthorn

Hawthorn Football Club

Strong As One

~Laura was here~
~Jessi should have been here~
Gumleaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 2nd, 2014, 03:10 AM   #88
euan35

I really like The Amazing Race because of the places they go too, and how some of the contestants do really funny / stupid things in the challenges.

euan35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 4th, 2014, 09:06 PM   #89
Gumleaf
Former Whatever

Gumleaf's Forum Picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emerald Dream View Post
I love that both Amazing Race and Survivor are back.

Survivor - I am not sure if I like the whole Brains vs Beauty vs Brawn thing. I know that they will probably be all mixed up anyway within the next few episodes....but this has got to be the dumbest bunch of "smart" people I have ever seen. Not saying that I disagree with the first boot, but they will never win a challenge at all with the group they are left with after the second TC. I'm not even sure I like anyone at all on this show yet.
I've just got around to watching last weeks ep. The brains have no chance for one reason above all others. They come where they are all individuals and therefore aren't capable of being team players for the most part. Although the beauties are doing well, i find it so predictable that Morgan in particular is showing everyone that she has big boobs and within a couple of days is holding hands with the guys etc. I actually think in the early stages that the brawns are best performing.

As for Amazing Race, i say you and me team up, Ally. We'll kick butt.

stephen

Always Hawthorn

Hawthorn Football Club

Strong As One

~Laura was here~
Old March 4th, 2014, 09:31 PM   #90
Emerald Dream
Forever Green

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumleaf View Post
I've just got around to watching last weeks ep. The brains have no chance for one reason above all others. They come where they are all individuals and therefore aren't capable of being team players for the most part. Although the beauties are doing well, i find it so predictable that Morgan in particular is showing everyone that she has big boobs and within a couple of days is holding hands with the guys etc. I actually think in the early stages that the brawns are best performing.

As for Amazing Race, i say you and me team up, Ally. We'll kick butt.
As much as I would LOVE to be on TAR, I could never. My massive fear of heights would be the end of me.
Old March 4th, 2014, 10:42 PM   #91
Gumleaf
Former Whatever

Gumleaf's Forum Picture

Quote:
As much as I would LOVE to be on TAR, I could never. My massive fear of heights would be the end of me.
Oh damn, I have the same phobia. I had you pencilled in for the stuff up high lol.

stephen

Always Hawthorn

Hawthorn Football Club

Strong As One

~Laura was here~
Old March 6th, 2014, 01:20 PM   #92
Emerald Dream
Forever Green

TAR - I really didn't like seeing Mark and Mallory eliminated (or fighting). I might be in the minority feeling she was actually decent when she was on the show before, and was held back by racing with her dad. Her reaction to being eliminated (and pretty much being made to feel like a scapegoat for it) was awful. I know it's early in the season, but I am laughing at how much Jessica and Jon calmed down from their earlier appearance to this one. They went from being super assholes to just kinda being barely noticeable.

Survivor - I am surprised that the Brains team actually didn't finish last in a challenge. I didn't really understand the purpose of the three way tie vote, and then ganging up on Brice in the revote. What message was that supposed to send, exactly? I know they usually don't keep these three/four teams seasons separate for long so they will probably all mix up soon anyways.
Old March 7th, 2014, 05:14 PM   #93
Gumleaf
Former Whatever

Gumleaf's Forum Picture

Quote:

Survivor - I am surprised that the Brains team actually didn't finish last in a challenge. I didn't really understand the purpose of the three way tie vote, and then ganging up on Brice in the revote. What message was that supposed to send, exactly? I know they usually don't keep these three/four teams seasons separate for long so they will probably all mix up soon anyways.
I just finished watching this weeks ep I recorded. I'm glad Brains didn't go back to Tribal, often these challenges become so predictable. Ironically enough, their water throwing practice wasn't what saved them. I don't think any of the beauties knows what their doing apart from the dude who found the idol. Everyone else seems to be running around like headless chooks. Will be interesting to see what happens next? I think there will be at least 3 or 4 more eps before there is any merge or switches unless the Brain tribe dissolves to nothing before then.

stephen

Always Hawthorn

Hawthorn Football Club

Strong As One

~Laura was here~
Old March 29th, 2014, 11:45 AM   #94
Emerald Dream
Forever Green

TAR - Well, in the past two weeks I really wasn't happy to see Brandon and Rachel non-eliminated. I know she has her fans (and for the life of me I don't know why, since I don't find a single thing "cute" about her) but this is their fifth or sixth time being on CBS shows. I blame that on the network. It's not really a case of "people you love to hate" but more of a case of "go the fuck away" at this point. It's bad enough that some teams are on for a third season, but they are just grating to watch for a fifth and a sixth. Speaking of third seasons, I am not really sad to see Margie and Luke leave. It's not a case of liking or hating them...it's more of "meh whatever." It kind of sucks when there is no suspense, however. Seeing teams who have no chance whatsoever at catching up isn't really that fun. It was interesting to see a sewing challenge, though. Can't remember ever seeing something like that.

Survivor - Well....J'Tia rightfully left. I guess when intelligent people are way out of their element they don't look so intelligent. She really didn't look like a "brains" person out there. Alexis I was sort of indifferent towards. Although, note to CBS - not every person voted out is a "blindside." Your cute little hashtag on the screen is annoying, and doesn't even apply when everyone knew one person or another was being voted out. Just stop it. You're forcing too much fakeness on the viewers for the sake of trying to get social media hits.
Old April 10th, 2014, 01:21 PM   #95
Emerald Dream
Forever Green

Well, no AR this week because of a country music awards show (which I went out of my way to not watch). As for last week, I am not really big on non-eliminations (I would rather they just did double legs)...but I don't mind Caroline and Jennifer staying around. They don't annoy me like some others do

The past two weeks of Survivor have successfully gotten two of the more annoying and crappy players (Sarah and Morgan) out of the game, and I am thankful for it. Usually the goats are pulled along until the end to get an easy win. Aside from a few, I like the cast this season as a whole. It's better without returning players.
Old April 12th, 2014, 01:21 AM   #96
Gumleaf
Former Whatever

Gumleaf's Forum Picture

Quote:

The past two weeks of Survivor have successfully gotten two of the more annoying and crappy players (Sarah and Morgan) out of the game, and I am thankful for it. Usually the goats are pulled along until the end to get an easy win. Aside from a few, I like the cast this season as a whole. It's better without returning players.
Hello fellow Survivor junkie!

I missed the ep that Morgan got voted out. Stupid me forgot to record it. But going back to the week before when Sarah got voted out, I have to agree that it was good to get rid of an annoying person, but I do believe that Cass let her frustrations get in the way. The original orange tribe nearly had it in the bag for certain with idols flushed and being 1 up plus Sarah. Then Sarah could be voted out with no threat of a tied vote next time. Will be interesting to see how the vote you just watched came about.

stephen

Always Hawthorn

Hawthorn Football Club

Strong As One

~Laura was here~
Old April 28th, 2014, 02:19 PM   #97
Emerald Dream
Forever Green

Oh wow, it's been a few weeks since I posted in here.

TAR - Not surprised to see the Globetrotters eliminated. I never saw them winning in any scenario anyways. The teams are too good. Normally I wouldn't be too thrill about teams ganging up an another one, but I'm so sick of seeing Rachel on my TV (what is this...siz seasons between all shows now?) that I am apathetic to it all. All the mustangs were really cool to see, and a great prize to win for Dave and Connor. Once again - non eliminations....not a fan of them. Just make them double legs and have them keep going.

Survivor - this is probably the best season they have had in a while. So much for the fake "spoiler" that I saw on some website that said LJ wins. He and Jeremiah are both out, and I really can't say I blame everyone else for making those votes. Even though Tony has the special idol, I am still looking for Spencer or Tasha to win this whole thing. If they are smart they would vote Tasha out the first chance they get, though. She is way too likeable to get to the end.
Old June 20th, 2014, 02:27 PM   #98
Emerald Dream
Forever Green

LOL I didn't even bother posting on the end of the seasons of Survivor and TAR I am so slack.

The new season of Big Brother looks interesting. Thank goodness for no returning players (as of right now). Of course, it's mostly young white people so the diversity is lacking (it always is on this show). Two people winning HOH this year with four people nominated for eviction sounds fun, but it's also more opportunity for CBS to rig the show.

Also, why should we give a fuck that one of the people in the house is Ariana Grande's brother? Really scraping the bottom of the barrel here to have a "celebrity connection."

Hopefully this will be better than last year's (and the year before that) absolute shitfest.
Old July 5th, 2014, 06:48 PM   #99
Emerald Dream
Forever Green

After the first week - people are doing too much, too quick.

I always love when the "twists" blow up in the face of CBS. They try (and succeed) to manipulate this show way too much anyways. Manufacturing drama - which includes someone annoying the piss out of everyone with an "alter ego which was just created for the show" is pretty weak. Good riddance, Joey. Annoying as fuck.

Also, LOL @ "reviewing the HOH competition." I swear I don't know why I continue to watch this riggage...
Old July 20th, 2014, 09:24 AM   #100
Emerald Dream
Forever Green

It's really hard to pick a possible winner out of this year's bunch of BB houseguests. I like that they are better overall than the recycled contestants they usually use, but maybe a lot of them are too likeable? Wow, what a problem to have.