Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > > > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old March 26th, 2017, 06:01 AM   #181
Gumleaf
Former Whatever

Gumleaf's Forum Picture

Name: Stephen
Default Re: Reality Game Shows (Survivor, Big Brother, Amazing Race, etc...)

Well Survivor has been great, especially the most recent ep. I loved the last tribal and especially the unprecedented move of having two tribes vote out one person, but even more, the Chinese whispers happening during the tribal. Wow! But then how the voting panned out and the smart use of the idol. If only they voted off the arrogant Sandra to put her in her place.

stephen

Always Hawthorn

Hawthorn Football Club

Strong As One

~Laura was here~
~Jessi should have been here~
Gumleaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2017, 08:08 PM   #182
Gumleaf
Former Whatever

Gumleaf's Forum Picture

Well I'm enjoying Survivor this season, with the most recent ep with Debbie going is exactly why. There is nothing I enjoy more than seeing the tall poppy cut down in this show. Will be interested to see where cards all fall for next week. I love how from ep to ep that the pecking order seems to keep changing. What contestants on Survivor need to realise is that arrogance is very unattractive, and if you fluke your way to the end with arrogance, you surely won't get jury votes to win!

Channel 7 need to get their act together with TAR. I can tolerate it being on late at night, but can we please at least see the show in the same week it's aired in the US. Channel 9 get it right with Survivor, why can't you ch7??? Anyways, looks like it's going to be a good race. With the last surviving team from leg 1 then winning leg 2, it's hard to predict a favourite so far. I like the concept of pairing strangers and will be interesting to see how it goes as the race goes on.

stephen

Always Hawthorn

Hawthorn Football Club

Strong As One

~Laura was here~
Old May 19th, 2017, 05:20 PM   #183
Emerald Dream
Forever Green

Emerald Dream's Forum Picture

Name: Allison

Excited that TAR has been renewed for Season 30.

The sudden realization that my life is rather boring
Emerald Dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 28th, 2017, 07:54 AM   #184
Gumleaf
Former Whatever

Gumleaf's Forum Picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emerald Dream View Post
Excited that TAR has been renewed for Season 30.
Thank fricken goodness for that! Is that after your summer or next year? I'm estimating we are 4 or 5 weeks behind here on the current series that would have just finished in the US. Not happy with Ch7 grrrrr. At least Ch9 can air Survivor the same day as it does in the US!!! On that topic, happy with the winner of the current series. Got around to watching the finale today and was pleased to see that great game play was rewarded. I'm not a fan of people who dominate immunity challenges winning the game. Looking forward now to Australian Survivor and US Survivor airing in the back half of the year!

stephen

Always Hawthorn

Hawthorn Football Club

Strong As One

~Laura was here~
Old May 28th, 2017, 11:25 AM   #185
Emerald Dream
Forever Green

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumleaf View Post
Thank fricken goodness for that! Is that after your summer or next year? I'm estimating we are 4 or 5 weeks behind here on the current series that would have just finished in the US. Not happy with Ch7 grrrrr. At least Ch9 can air Survivor the same day as it does in the US!!! On that topic, happy with the winner of the current series. Got around to watching the finale today and was pleased to see that great game play was rewarded. I'm not a fan of people who dominate immunity challenges winning the game. Looking forward now to Australian Survivor and US Survivor airing in the back half of the year!
I'm assuming it will be next year, because I've read somewhere that they're not taping soon. It's sucks that they've shuffled this show all throughout the week (here in the US), and then whine about ratings declining. The show has a good following and it's unfair to faithful viewers.
Old May 28th, 2017, 05:59 PM   #186
Gumleaf
Former Whatever

Gumleaf's Forum Picture

Quote:
I'm assuming it will be next year, because I've read somewhere that they're not taping soon. It's sucks that they've shuffled this show all throughout the week (here in the US), and then whine about ratings declining. The show has a good following and it's unfair to faithful viewers.
Yeah, moving things around does that. Almost seems like sabotage. I might complain about channel 7's efforts here with TAR, but I can't complain about their consistency. It's always on around 11pm Tuesday nights lol. Little wonder that I record it and watch it later in the week. The cost of the show would be unimaginable, so cutting it back to one season a year to prolong its overall run is something I could live with.

stephen

Always Hawthorn

Hawthorn Football Club

Strong As One

~Laura was here~
Old May 30th, 2017, 04:14 AM   #187
Gumleaf
Former Whatever

Gumleaf's Forum Picture

The promo commercial for Australian Survivor 2017 has just been released. Psyched for another season and fingers crossed we have more game players this time!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SylEznCE2Wo

stephen

Always Hawthorn

Hawthorn Football Club

Strong As One

~Laura was here~
Old May 30th, 2017, 05:51 AM   #188
Emerald Dream
Forever Green

I've been watching past seasons of The Mole from around the world. I'm pretty much addicted to this now. I've watched all the US and UK ones so far. While the US celebrity versions were pretty crappy as a whole...I loved Dutch Mole season 10 (their celeb version).
Old May 30th, 2017, 06:59 AM   #189
Gumleaf
Former Whatever

Gumleaf's Forum Picture

Quote:
I've been watching past seasons of The Mole from around the world. I'm pretty much addicted to this now. I've watched all the US and UK ones so far. While the US celebrity versions were pretty crappy as a whole...I loved Dutch Mole season 10 (their celeb version).
I used to love this show. Ch7 tried to reinvent it a couple of years back (after it was very successful in the mid 2000's) but ratings were poor and was not renewed. I haven't watched international versions, but it looks like Youtube might be calling.

stephen

Always Hawthorn

Hawthorn Football Club

Strong As One

~Laura was here~
Old June 2nd, 2017, 09:28 AM   #190
Emerald Dream
Forever Green

TAR finale = anticlimactic letdown after a decent season
Old June 14th, 2017, 04:36 AM   #191
Gumleaf
Former Whatever

Gumleaf's Forum Picture

Damn channel 7 are slow with TAR. It's going to be July before it finishes the way it's going. But my big concern is about Australian Survivor. With Channel 10 going into receivership today, it's concerning whether Australian Survivor will go ahead. The good news is production is already under way in Samoa. But that wouldn't guarantee it's airing. Fingers crossed.

stephen

Always Hawthorn

Hawthorn Football Club

Strong As One

~Laura was here~
Old July 8th, 2017, 04:01 PM   #192
Gumleaf
Former Whatever

Gumleaf's Forum Picture

Quote:
TAR finale = anticlimactic letdown after a decent season
I finally got around to watching this last night, nearly 2 weeks after recording it. Couldn't agree more with the finale, no lead change from start to finish and nobody ever looking like catching the winners. Also on that note, can't stand who won, Brooke irritated me something shocking week in and week out. ....In good news though Ch10 are advertising Australian Survivor heavily and the impression given is that it's going to be a Survivor with game players this time, which is a relief from the previous season where game players were punished and the ones there for 'adventure' took control and made it boring. Hopefully we'll have at least same basic twists like the "drop your buffs" plays to mix things up. Hoping it will air by month's end.

stephen

Always Hawthorn

Hawthorn Football Club

Strong As One

~Laura was here~
Old July 8th, 2017, 04:47 PM   #193
Emerald Dream
Forever Green

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumleaf View Post
Couldn't agree more with the finale, no lead change from start to finish and nobody ever looking like catching the winners.
Exactly. There was never any point where a team even had an opportunity to pass anyone else. Not even on the racetrack. As much as Wrigley Field is cool and all, the final challenge was a dud because it was completely pointless. Maybe they can start doing something at the end where they actually have to figure something out instead of just memorizing race facts...since everyone knows to do that now.

I felt like I wasted an hour of my life after watching it. Never felt so "meh" after watching a show I normally love. At least it got renewed for season 30.
Old July 12th, 2017, 05:41 AM   #194
Emerald Dream
Forever Green

Big Brother is so rigged for Paul to win. It’s both hysterical and pathetic at the same time.
Old August 6th, 2017, 06:40 AM   #195
Gumleaf
Former Whatever

Gumleaf's Forum Picture

Australian Survivor has got off to a reasonable start in regards to game play. I think the casting this season is much better, with more game players and game players not being punished like last season. I'm hoping once the numbers drop a bit that game play will become much more evident.

stephen

Always Hawthorn

Hawthorn Football Club

Strong As One

~Laura was here~
Old August 29th, 2017, 06:35 AM   #196
Gumleaf
Former Whatever

Gumleaf's Forum Picture

Well we are nearly half way through Australian Survivor. I Like having 2 eps a week. It helps keep the game moving, but not too fast that you can't keep up. After a good start to the season, things were becoming predictable. The last couple of eps have shaken things up a little and the results have been quite funny, with one big game player, Henry, volunteering to change tribes so he can find out about the other tribe before the merge. Problem is all his allies on his original tribe got voted out after he left. Tonight a super idol was found as part of a reward challenge where the actual winner was voted for at tribal council without knowledge of exactly what the reward was. I like that little twist, it has never been played before. The promo for the next ep on Sunday is that we're having a "drop your buffs". With 16 left, we are still a while before the merge, so good timing for this. The game is wide open, but at this time I expect the winner will likely be from the current Samatau tribe as their game players seem to be of a better standard. Excited for the back half of the season and of course, then American Survivor to look forward to as well.

stephen

Always Hawthorn

Hawthorn Football Club

Strong As One

~Laura was here~