Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old September 10th, 2018, 12:17 AM   #1
Madison78

Name: Madison
Default Allergic to my own sweat?

Lately in the last month or so I've been getting rashes on my skin when I sweat, it almost seems like an allergic reaction. it hasn't happened before. Typically the rashes are on the sides of my chest like right below my armpits, my inner forearms and on my inner thighs. They last about a day or 2 and burn like hell if you touch them or try to put something on them. i'm going to talk to my dr about it, but i was wondering if anyone else experiences this and if so, what you do to for short term relief?
Madison78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 10th, 2018, 12:34 AM   #2
bougainvillea

bougainvillea's Forum Picture

Name: shanie
Default Re: Allergic to my own sweat?

I’ve never had this before, but can try and provide some ways of relieving some of the symptoms.

• Aloe vera cream: good for stinging and burning, even better when it’s cold. If you have any aloe vera cream, put some in the fridge and apply every couple of hours.

• This is probably gonna sound gross, but try to avoid heavily washing rashed areas. Also avoid hot showers or hot baths. Just use some warm water and some plain soap (if you have any). I would also recommend having a normal shower then turn it to cold water for the last minute or also just to rinse the rashes, cold water can also help cool it down and reduce redness.

• Try an eczema relief cream, which is used a lot for burns, rashes and wounds. I’m not sure of any major brands, but in the UK we have Sudocrem and I’m sure many other countries have the same or the equivalent. The cream should be cold, just apply in the affected areas every couple of hours.

I can’t really think of much else, but I hope this helps!

edit: i don’t really think it could be that you’re allergic to your own sweat, i’m not a doctor by any stretch of the imagination but it might be something that interacts with those areas. did your parents buy a different washing powder recently? i’m really sensitive to that kind of stuff and get rashes if they change products.

i would also try and refrain from shaving these areas (if you do) on the days you have these rashes because it could irritate it a lot more.

bougainvillea - help and advice moderator

~Endeavour was here~
*Mars was here*

Last edited by bougainvillea; September 10th, 2018 at 12:39 AM.
bougainvillea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 10th, 2018, 09:16 AM   #3
Katie2003
Awesome Poster

Name: Katelynn

I think it's def worth a visit to the doctor at this point, just to get a confirmed diagnosis. They can recommend things to try to minimize this from happening. Your family doctor might want a dermatologist to look at you as well since they specialize in that sort of thing.

I agree with Shanie this is not likely an allergy to your own sweat but to some external thing that's coming in contact with your skin causing the irritation, most likely involving your clothes.
Katie2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 20th, 2018, 01:39 PM   #4
jamie_n5
VT Lover

jamie_n5's Forum Picture

Name: Jamie

It might be a heat rash too. I think the doctor approach is the best solution. They may refer you to a dermatologist.

I am gay and happy with that.
I love talking to people very open & willing to listen.
I am also glad to try help with questions or problems.
Hit me up for anything. I promise I don't bite.
jamie_n5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 26th, 2018, 10:38 AM   #5
Hermes
VT Lover

I am not sure if sweat being the thing that makes the area wet is hugely significant, it is probably more a case that being wet for a prolonged period disturbs something. Maybe pH, maybe different bacteria or fungal spores etc. Nappy rash is a very similar thing so the same treatment may work.
Hermes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 4th, 2018, 07:11 PM   #6
Ben99

Name: Ben

Im not sure if this is an allergic reaction. You might want to see a doctor if it continues though.
Ben99 is offline   Reply With Quote