Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old August 11th, 2018, 10:02 PM   #1
IsaacC17

Name: Isaac
Default Is being short a problem? And shoudl I try to become taller?

Hi,

Iíve been getting worried about my height lately. Iíll be turning 18 in about two weeks and Iím 5í 4.5Ē. While I probably wonít be eligible for Human Growth Hormone injections I might be able to boost my height in other ways. My question is a lot stranger and more related to ethics. It seems like my problem with being short is mainly that Iím worried I wonít be able to find a boyfriend. (Iím gay. But even if I were heterosexual that still wouldnít solve the problem. Although girls are shorter on average, they tend to want boys that are taller than them and that seems to roughly account for the difference.) I canít really tell how I would fair socially being short because Iím quite lonely these days. I dropped out of school a few years ago and havenít had much of a social life since then. But I hope to have one soon when I go to college, hopefully next year (Iíve been thinking about whether or not I should try to make friends before then and how I might do that.).

In any case, my first question is, is my concern about being short founded in reality?

My second question is, if I boots my height there will be 1 less short person around. This may get rid of my problems relating to being short, but may make every other short personís problems slightly worse. Problems relating to being short have to do with there not being many other short people out there (if everyone were 5í 4Ē it would be OK). Imagine if there is a short person out there who might become my boyfriend if I donít boost my height. If I do he would be left without a boyfriend. Given all this, is it ethical to attempt to boost my height?

Thank you!
IsaacC17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 11th, 2018, 10:05 PM   #2
bpk1234

bpk1234's Forum Picture

Default Re: Is being short a problem? And shoudl I try to become taller?

Height is totally genetic man. Some of the most confident guys I know are the shorter ones. A guy will fall in love with you for who are you are, not how tall you are.
bpk1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 11th, 2018, 10:43 PM   #3
Second Chance
Great Poster

I will not lie to you by saying that being a short guy is going to be easy, but I completely agree with the guy above who said that someone will fall in love with you for who you are as opposed to how tall you are. I have seen plenty of really short guys who are your same height who have found partners without any problems because those guys had really good attitudes and were genuinely nice people. As a result, they really did not have trouble find partners since they were not jerks or overconfident like the big guys.

In your case, you have to focus on your personality and ensure that you are a good person. Chances are you will not be able to grow anymore which is fine. Since you're 18 people are more mature at that age then say you were in high school where a lot of people are more into physical looks than mental capabilities.

I think you are fine, and my thinking is that your number priority is to get an education especially since you have dropped out of school. Getting a GED or going to college is a good first step. Once you are educated be it in college or trade school chances are you will meet someone.
Second Chance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2018, 02:34 AM   #4
Jbright3
Banned

I'm short for my age doesn't stop me I'm 5'6". Some of the cutest guys are short😊
Jbright3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2018, 11:53 AM   #5
Suplad
Junior Member+

Being short is no problem; Iím tall and sometimes wish I was a bit shorter, Iím usually really off balanced and cat fit into small spaces you should be happy for who you are.
Suplad is offline   Reply With Quote