Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old March 10th, 2015, 01:56 AM   #1
maddogmj77
Nice Poster

maddogmj77's Forum Picture

Name: Matthew
Default Death Dread

Alright, sooo, I've been having some recent, but not new thoughts on dying. I'm really really really scared to die, but I'm not afraid of the possibility of dying today or tomorrow, I'm afraid of the fact that I'm going to die eventually, and that there's nothing I can ever do to stop it, it's scary, sometimes I think that life is pointless, if it all ends, why bother?, doesn't seem fair. I first started to "realize" this, when I was watching a movie when I was 10 or something "Mr. Magoriums, Wonder Emporium", kinda weird, but when he died, it just all the sudden hit me, "Eventually, I'm gonna die" and I started to get really scared, and I sank down in my seat, got a lump in my throat, heart started racing, and nearly crying, but I was at the drive-ins and I didn't want anyone to see me crying, so I was able to stop, and didn't think back on it for quite a while. But whenever I do think about my mortality, I still get scared just like that, and I don't know what to do. The only thought that has been of any calming is that I've already been not alive for billions and billions of years, but it only helps a little, does anybody else have any ideas? Does anyone else think like this?

Matthew - 18 - Gay
Feel free to message me

"Is this a test? It has to be, otherwise I can't go on."

Last edited by maddogmj77; March 10th, 2015 at 02:02 AM.
maddogmj77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 10th, 2015, 10:25 AM   #2
JamesSuperBoy
Awesome Poster

JamesSuperBoy's Forum Picture

Name: ^*~James~*^
Default Re: Death Dread

I think you are affected by the memory you have of the movie and how upset you were.
Can you talk about this with anyone lots of people have fears which are to them real. Hope you can get some help with this, so persevere in that and never think its dumb or stupid - its real to you.
JamesSuperBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2015, 06:34 AM   #3
Fiction
Ex Psych Mod

Fiction's Forum Picture

Name: Kathy

The way i've always seen death is as an incentive to live. If you knew you had forever, you'd always think "oh i'll just do that tomorrow", and you'd never get anything done. Life gives you a time frame, a incentive to make something of the time you have. If you weren't going to die, you wouldn't be living.

You brought hate, pills and knives,
And this is how the tale begins.
Its your life, exist and wonder why.
When it only fails to work,
It only fails to work sometimes
Fiction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2015, 03:16 AM   #4
maddogmj77
Nice Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiction View Post
The way i've always seen death is as an incentive to live. If you knew you had forever, you'd always think "oh i'll just do that tomorrow", and you'd never get anything done. Life gives you a time frame, a incentive to make something of the time you have. If you weren't going to die, you wouldn't be living.
Ehhh, I don't think it'd be like that, most people do that already, and most people don't really think that far ahead at there own death.

Matthew - 18 - Gay
Feel free to message me

Old March 14th, 2015, 05:10 AM   #5
Screw Attack

Screw Attack's Forum Picture

It's a lame thing to think this way but why care so much about death? You can't control it. I mean, you can do certain things and make it happen but generally, you can't really stop it.

Besides, if you don't believe reincarnation or religion, if you die, it won't feel bad because you won't feel anything. You cease to exist, nothing matters. If you believe in religions, either you're coming back as something else or you're going to heaven.

Life is worse than death man, life can cause you a lot of pain. Death on its own is relatively painless for the person who died. It's an instantaneous thing.

So, there's no point in thinking about it.

Someone close to you dying is a bitch though.
Screw Attack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2015, 03:39 PM   #6
maddogmj77
Nice Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Screw Attack View Post
It's a lame thing to think this way but why care so much about death? You can't control it. I mean, you can do certain things and make it happen but generally, you can't really stop it.

Besides, if you don't believe reincarnation or religion, if you die, it won't feel bad because you won't feel anything. You cease to exist, nothing matters. If you believe in religions, either you're coming back as something else or you're going to heaven.

Life is worse than death man, life can cause you a lot of pain. Death on its own is relatively painless for the person who died. It's an instantaneous thing.

So, there's no point in thinking about it.

Someone close to you dying is a bitch though.
Well, I kinda enjoy just being alive, I wouldn't want to not exist anymore, idk, I just feel like I wouldn't get to see what's gonna happen, maybe I'm too curious.

Matthew - 18 - Gay
Feel free to message me