Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old February 20th, 2015, 07:13 PM   #1
Babs
draft dodger

Babs's Forum Picture

Default I'm so scared

My sister just sent me screenshots of a text conversation between her and our mom. I'm crying so hard because she was talking about driving drunk to pick up my brother from school and things very indicative of suicide. I'm so scared because she's been getting worse and worse and I don't know how to help her. I'm even more scared and stressed because this is happening during a time when my own mental health is at a very low point.
I dont know what to do.
Babs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 20th, 2015, 09:05 PM   #2
dirtyboxer55
Banned

Name: Drake
Default Re: I'm so scared

support her and let her know u care about her maybe buy her some flowers
dirtyboxer55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 21st, 2015, 01:53 AM   #3
amgb
Awesome Poster

Default Re: I'm so scared

Hi Berea~ I remember posting in your other thread in here and I was hoping things would be okay and better. But I'm so sorry to hear about your situation, you must be afraid. I know your mental health is also at a low point and it's definitely hard helping and supporting others when we ourselves don't feel okay. I know you care about her so much and you want to be there for her but don't know how. I think it's very important to let her know that you are there and you want to support her, and to let her know that you love her and she is important to you. Although it's hard you should try and talk to her about things, talk to her about how she's been feeling and how things have been going for her. She might not want to talk which is understandable, but let her know your door is always open. Encourage her to reach out for help even though she may not want it. Tell her positive things about herself and tell her she is worthy. She is worthy of being loved and you are worthy of being loved as well. I believe that everything will work out alright, and I'm hoping you can believe that too. I want to let you know that my door is always open, so if you ever need to talk I am here~~~

Raise your words, not voice. It is {light} rain that grows flowers, not thunder. ― Jalaluddin Rumi
amgb is offline   Reply With Quote