Virtual Teen Forums
 

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 5th, 2007, 08:09 PM   #1
x__onyx
Junior Member
 
x__onyx's Forum Picture
 
Join Date: April 23, 2007
Location: New England.
Age: 25
Gender: Female
Default I need guy help pleasey?

So, I told this guy I like that I like him.

I was over my friend's house and we were talking about how awkward it was between me and him. And she says "He's avoiding you because he likes you and is too shy to do anything about it."


Does that sound right?
Or no?

CaDe<143
x__onyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2007, 08:19 PM   #2
Gumleaf
Former Whatever
 
Gumleaf's Forum Picture
 
Name: Stephen
Join Date: February 17, 2007
Location: Sydney
Age: 24
Gender: Male
Blog Entries: 75
Default Re: I need guy help pleasey?

i think its a possiblity. maybe you should be brave and ask him how he feels about you?

stephen

Always Hawthorn

Hawthorn Football Club

Strong As One

~Laura was here~
~Jessi should have been here~
Gumleaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2007, 08:29 PM   #3
x__onyx
Junior Member
 
x__onyx's Forum Picture
 
Join Date: April 23, 2007
Location: New England.
Age: 25
Gender: Female
Default Re: I need guy help pleasey?

i think its a possiblity. maybe you should be brave and ask him how he feels about you?
---

Thank you soo much.

CaDe<143
x__onyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2007, 08:53 PM   #4
DestroyTheFuture
Member++
 
Join Date: January 27, 2007
Age: 26
Gender: Male
Default Re: I need guy help pleasey?

it can go both ways.

if an ugly girl told me that she liked me, then id forget her like a fat kid on a diet.

but..

if she was hot, then id be on her like a fat kid on a cup cake


so think if your better looking than most of the girls in your grade, if you are, then you have a much better chance than if you aren't.


thats my honest opinion.

We can always live the world backwards
Venture onward and DESTROY THE FUTURE
We can always fight the new ideas
Put you hood on, we'll go back in time
DestroyTheFuture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2007, 08:58 PM   #5
x__onyx
Junior Member
 
x__onyx's Forum Picture
 
Join Date: April 23, 2007
Location: New England.
Age: 25
Gender: Female
Default Re: I need guy help pleasey?

it can go both ways.

if an ugly girl told me that she liked me, then id forget her like a fat kid on a diet.

but..

if she was hot, then id be on her like a fat kid on a cup cake


so think if your better looking than most of the girls in your grade, if you are, then you have a much better chance than if you aren't.


thats my honest opinion.
---

What if he's not as shallow as you are?

CaDe<143
x__onyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2007, 12:37 PM   #6
x__onyx
Junior Member
 
x__onyx's Forum Picture
 
Join Date: April 23, 2007
Location: New England.
Age: 25
Gender: Female
Default Re: I need guy help pleasey?

That's honestly what I was gonna ask.

If he likes you there's a good chance that he's nervous, so just find out the truth, it'll keep you from wondering.
--

Ah, thank you.

CaDe<143
x__onyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2007, 01:08 PM   #7
Whisper
Ancient Gmod
 
Whisper's Forum Picture
 
Name: Kodie
Join Date: June 30, 2004
Location: Van Island, BC
Age: 30
Gender: Male
Blog Entries: 4
Default Re: I need guy help pleasey?

Hey onyx if you want to quote what a member says on the bottom right of there posts there like a button that says "Quote" just click that please


I dunno honestly guys arent as simple as people think
so from such a tiny bit of information i have no idea

he might like you and be scared
or he might just think of you as a friend and this has made it weird

its not something a stranger from the other side of the planet can tell really
i'm sorry

♫♪Κodie♪♫
Whisper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2007, 01:25 PM   #8
DestroyTheFuture
Member++
 
Join Date: January 27, 2007
Age: 26
Gender: Male
Default Re: I need guy help pleasey?

okay, lets settle this, and i will give you a pretty good answer to what he is thinking.

how old is he, and how old are you?

We can always live the world backwards
Venture onward and DESTROY THE FUTURE
We can always fight the new ideas
Put you hood on, we'll go back in time
DestroyTheFuture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2007, 01:39 PM   #9
x__onyx
Junior Member
 
x__onyx's Forum Picture
 
Join Date: April 23, 2007
Location: New England.
Age: 25
Gender: Female
Default Re: I need guy help pleasey?

Hey onyx if you want to quote what a member says on the bottom right of there posts there like a button that says "Quote" just click that please


I dunno honestly guys arent as simple as people think
so from such a tiny bit of information i have no idea

he might like you and be scared
or he might just think of you as a friend and this has made it weird

its not something a stranger from the other side of the planet can tell really
i'm sorry
---

I like quoting stuff like this better =D
And thanks.


okay, lets settle this, and i will give you a pretty good answer to what he is thinking.

how old is he, and how old are you?
---
I am 14.
He is 14.

CaDe<143
x__onyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2007, 02:25 PM   #10
Octo22
Member++
 
Join Date: July 6, 2006
Location: Ottawa Canada
Age: 28
Default Re: I need guy help pleasey?

Give it a shot, if things are already awkward you have nothing to lose
Octo22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2007, 02:27 PM   #11
x__onyx
Junior Member
 
x__onyx's Forum Picture
 
Join Date: April 23, 2007
Location: New England.
Age: 25
Gender: Female
Default Re: I need guy help pleasey?

Give it a shot, if things are already awkward you have nothing to lose
--

Seriously the best thing I have heard so far.
Thanks so much.

CaDe<143
x__onyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2007, 03:13 PM   #12
Octo22
Member++
 
Join Date: July 6, 2006
Location: Ottawa Canada
Age: 28
Default Re: I need guy help pleasey?

No problem, I hope things workout for you
Octo22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2007, 09:38 PM   #13
DestroyTheFuture
Member++
 
Join Date: January 27, 2007
Age: 26
Gender: Male
Default Re: I need guy help pleasey?

Quote:
Originally Posted by x__onyx View Post
okay, lets settle this, and i will give you a pretty good answer to what he is thinking.

how old is he, and how old are you?
---
I am 14.
He is 14.
In my honest opinion, he does not like you the same way you like him. and now, because you told him that you like him, he doesn't want to hurt your feelings because he thinks that he might be leading you on by talking to you.

My reasoning? simple

i was 14 once, all of my friends were 14 once, and mostly everyone that i know has been 14 once. If a girl that i thought of as a friend told me that sh liked me, id feel really weird and i wouldn't want to really talk to her, because I'd know that shed be thinking of me as a boyfriend, but i'm thinking of her as a girlfriend.

and secondly, just because i care about looks doesn't make me shallow. a person is ffoolish if they don't care about looks. in ANY and EVERY dating relationship, there needs to be a healthy mental, physical, emotional, and sexual relationship. if theres is a poor type of relationship, then the overall relationship wont be a good one and will end poorly.

We can always live the world backwards
Venture onward and DESTROY THE FUTURE
We can always fight the new ideas
Put you hood on, we'll go back in time
DestroyTheFuture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2007, 04:51 PM   #14
x__onyx
Junior Member
 
x__onyx's Forum Picture
 
Join Date: April 23, 2007
Location: New England.
Age: 25
Gender: Female
Default Re: I need guy help pleasey?

In my honest opinion, he does not like you the same way you like him. and now, because you told him that you like him, he doesn't want to hurt your feelings because he thinks that he might be leading you on by talking to you.

My reasoning? simple

i was 14 once, all of my friends were 14 once, and mostly everyone that i know has been 14 once. If a girl that i thought of as a friend told me that sh liked me, id feel really weird and i wouldn't want to really talk to her, because I'd know that shed be thinking of me as a boyfriend, but i'm thinking of her as a girlfriend.

and secondly, just because i care about looks doesn't make me shallow. a person is ffoolish if they don't care about looks. in ANY and EVERY dating relationship, there needs to be a healthy mental, physical, emotional, and sexual relationship. if theres is a poor type of relationship, then the overall relationship wont be a good one and will end poorly.
--

What I find interesting is...you act like you know everything when you're, what?
15?
And talking to me wouldn't be leading me on.
It would be nice.
Saying 'Cheyeahh, I like you too. Let's date.'
Would be leading me on.
Get your facts straight before giving someone "advice"

CaDe<143
x__onyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2007, 05:45 PM   #15
Octo22
Member++
 
Join Date: July 6, 2006
Location: Ottawa Canada
Age: 28
Default Re: I need guy help pleasey?

I disagree with DestroyTheFuture,

If he likes you and is shy, he might avoid.

If he doesn't like you, he'd probably confront you to get it over with.
Octo22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2007, 07:02 PM   #16
Antares
Legendary Member+Mod
 
Antares's Forum Picture
 
Join Date: March 18, 2007
Gender: Male
Blog Entries: 51
Default Re: I need guy help pleasey?

i think that it is becuase he dosent want to be with you OR he likes you






~Laura was here~
Antares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2007, 08:39 PM   #17
DestroyTheFuture
Member++
 
Join Date: January 27, 2007
Age: 26
Gender: Male
Default Re: I need guy help pleasey?

guys who are 14 usually arent that immature to just be "shy" and not take the opportunity to go out with the girl that they like

We can always live the world backwards
Venture onward and DESTROY THE FUTURE
We can always fight the new ideas
Put you hood on, we'll go back in time
DestroyTheFuture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2007, 08:56 PM   #18
DestroyTheFuture
Member++
 
Join Date: January 27, 2007
Age: 26
Gender: Male
Default Re: I need guy help pleasey?

Quote:
Originally Posted by x__onyx View Post
In my honest opinion, he does not like you the same way you like him. and now, because you told him that you like him, he doesn't want to hurt your feelings because he thinks that he might be leading you on by talking to you.

My reasoning? simple

i was 14 once, all of my friends were 14 once, and mostly everyone that i know has been 14 once. If a girl that i thought of as a friend told me that she liked me, id feel really weird and i wouldn't want to really talk to her, because I'd know that shed be thinking of me as a boyfriend, but i'm thinking of her as a girlfriend.

and secondly, just because i care about looks doesn't make me shallow. a person is ffoolish if they don't care about looks. in ANY and EVERY dating relationship, there needs to be a healthy mental, physical, emotional, and sexual relationship. if theres is a poor type of relationship, then the overall relationship wont be a good one and will end poorly.
--

What I find interesting is...you act like you know everything when you're, what?
15?
And talking to me wouldn't be leading me on.
It would be nice.
Saying 'Cheyeahh, I like you too. Let's date.'
Would be leading me on.
Get your facts straight before giving someone "advice"
Firstly, i know enough about relationships to be talking about them, and i know how a guy ACTUALLY FEELS, in fact, I'd say that i know more than you do about it.

notice how i underlined and bolded "thinks".

thats doesn't mean that he IS leading you on, but he might think that he is.

and from my experience, if a girl that i didn't want to be "relationshiply" connected to, then if i gave her any attention at all, then i would think that she thought that i was going out of my way and that i cared about her the same way, in which case, she might give her hopes up, and then in the long run, being led on.


lastly, don't be telling me that im giving you bad advice. i am a guy, i know how guys think. i am giving you a GREAT perspective of what he might and probably is thinking.

im not going to really compare it to this, but i think that you are in denial that he might not like you. its not about me telling you that, "he might not like you". its about m giving you advice that you should highly consider.

We can always live the world backwards
Venture onward and DESTROY THE FUTURE
We can always fight the new ideas
Put you hood on, we'll go back in time

Last edited by DestroyTheFuture; May 8th, 2007 at 08:59 PM. Reason: for Editing:
DestroyTheFuture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2007, 09:09 AM   #19
Octo22
Member++
 
Join Date: July 6, 2006
Location: Ottawa Canada
Age: 28
Default Re: I need guy help pleasey?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DestroyTheFuture View Post
Firstly, i know enough about relationships to be talking about them, and i know how a guy ACTUALLY FEELS, in fact, I'd say that i know more than you do about it. .
Like how you're an expert on homosexuals?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DestroyTheFuture View Post
lastly, don't be telling me that im giving you bad advice. i am a guy, i know how guys think. i am giving you a GREAT perspective of what he might and probably is thinking.
Do you ever NOT proclaim yourself an expert? GET OFF THE HIGH HORSE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DestroyTheFuture View Post
guys who are 14 usually arent that immature
WHAT?! Most guys at 14 are shy AS HELL. This could be the first girl to ever say "I like you" to him and he's freaked out and has no idea how to not mess it up. Stop saying you're an expert and then posting your OPINION. Experts use facts, I'm no expert.
Octo22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2007, 09:01 PM   #20
RowanVer.3.0
Great Poster
 
RowanVer.3.0's Forum Picture
 
Join Date: November 1, 2005
Age: 26
Default Re: I need guy help pleasey?

It really all leads down to: Is he nice to you when you do speak? If he seems to be avoiding you (like walking away if you say "hi"), chances are he just doesn't like you, for whatever reason.

It's pretty ridiculous to think that if someone's avoiding you it's not because he doesn't want to be around you, it's because he's too shy. But, if he does talk to you, but he has horrible chemistry with you(like pauses by accident and just stares at you or something or says something dumb)it's possible he does like you but is kind of shy around you.

Anyway, good luck.

All my friends are skeletons,
dulcimers and chariots
prayers to God, oh prayers to God

Was I sleeping all this time?
Was my shadow ever mine?
Wintersleep-Danse Macabre
RowanVer.3.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:36 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright©2000 - 2018
Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 2004 - 2018, VirtualTeen.org