Virtual Teen Forums
 

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 18th, 2018, 01:06 AM   #1
bell889
New Member
 
Join Date: July 9, 2018
Gender: Undisclosed
Default Fear of driving?

Hey everyone
Does anyone have fear of driving? I've had it and it took me 3 tries to get my license. It took me sometime to overcome my fears. Practice and my dad are two factors that helped me out. My dad boosted my confidence every time I drive. I came across this article on Where Your Fear of Driving Comes From and How to Crush It. I'm sharing it hoping you might find it useful. Share your story on how you got your license and what helped you overcome the fear of driving here.
bell889 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 18th, 2018, 02:10 AM   #2
Croconaw
Water Type
 
Croconaw's Forum Picture
 
Join Date: May 2, 2013
Location: Arizona
Age: 20
Gender: Cisgender Female
Blog Entries: 4
Default Re: Fear of driving?

Yeah, I’m scared of driving. I honestly don’t have my license yet. I feel so restricted from not having it, but it’s also not that big of a deal.

Los Angeles Kings Fan Los Angeles Dodgers Fan
Proud Liberal Democrat Pro-Choice
Croconaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 18th, 2018, 02:29 AM   #3
Gvanni
Member+
 
Gvanni's Forum Picture
 
Name: Giovanni
Join Date: January 21, 2018
Location: Jersey
Age: 15
Gender: Cisgender Male
Default Re: Fear of driving?

Yep, for me it’s a combo of the life threatening power you have in your hands as well your very own life being in the hands of every other person on the road.

no fucks given, you dig?
Gvanni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 18th, 2018, 09:33 PM   #4
JQL---
Junior Member
 
Name: Jasper
Join Date: July 14, 2018
Location: Planet Earth
Gender: Cisgender Male
Default Re: Fear of driving?

To quote President Franklin Delano Roosevelt, "The only thing we have to fear is fear itself."
Likes: (1)
JQL--- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 19th, 2018, 12:16 AM   #5
ChefBuckeye
New Member
 
Name: Caleb
Join Date: July 18, 2018
Location: Ohio
Gender: Male
Default Re: Fear of driving?

Well, I got my license last week (7 days) and already starting last Monday I've smelled rubber twice, also in the last week I've almost been in two car crashes(one would've been me and other traffic other would be me and the environment, mostly corn stocks). To be honest, the only time I was scared was the first almost car crash, I was getting on the highway to go get my license and the steering wheel must of came loose as it was at a 45 degree angle if you wanted to go straight, I had my hands at the normal 9 to 3 locations of that actual wheel, yet my hands are actually 45 degrees to the right, so we hit a bump and have a small swerving moment, luckily I survived and am alive and yesterday I did 85 in a 65 on the highway for the first time. I can be honest I think getting your driver's license should be a full year high school course since the more experience you have the more comfortable you are once you get your license(or have a grandparent who thinks telling me every mistake she made is going to have me not do the same mistakes as she did).
ChefBuckeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 19th, 2018, 12:24 AM   #6
RyanIsGay24
Member++
 
Name: Ryan
Join Date: March 14, 2018
Location: Indiana
Gender: Male
Default Re: Fear of driving?

Yeah, I’m terrified I’m gonna have to look at that article.
RyanIsGay24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 19th, 2018, 01:54 AM   #7
bell889
New Member
 
Join Date: July 9, 2018
Gender: Undisclosed
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Croconaw View Post
Yeah, I’m scared of driving. I honestly don’t have my license yet. I feel so restricted from not having it, but it’s also not that big of a deal.
Hey
Things are going to be more easy if you learn driving and get your drivers license (unless you are rich and have a full time driver ).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gvanni View Post
Yep, for me it’s a combo of the life threatening power you have in your hands as well your very own life being in the hands of every other person on the road.
You should practice in a deserted place first. It's like learning the alphabets when you were a kid. It might look difficult in the beginning. But once you start practising more and once you get used to it, it will be the most easiest thing ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanIsGay24 View Post
Yeah, I’m terrified I’m gonna have to look at that article.
Yes! I'm sure it will help you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChefBuckeye View Post
Well, I got my license last week (7 days) and already starting last Monday I've smelled rubber twice, also in the last week I've almost been in two car crashes(one would've been me and other traffic other would be me and the environment, mostly corn stocks). To be honest, the only time I was scared was the first almost car crash, I was getting on the highway to go get my license and the steering wheel must of came loose as it was at a 45 degree angle if you wanted to go straight, I had my hands at the normal 9 to 3 locations of that actual wheel, yet my hands are actually 45 degrees to the right, so we hit a bump and have a small swerving moment, luckily I survived and am alive and yesterday I did 85 in a 65 on the highway for the first time. I can be honest I think getting your driver's license should be a full year high school course since the more experience you have the more comfortable you are once you get your license(or have a grandparent who thinks telling me every mistake she made is going to have me not do the same mistakes as she did).
Omg!! Be careful mate.
Haha! A full time driving course in high school is a really good idea. I second that


Posts merged please use the edit and / or multi quote button next time

Last edited by Dalcourt; July 26th, 2018 at 09:06 PM.
bell889 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 19th, 2018, 01:04 PM   #8
Katie2003
Nice Poster
 
Name: Katelynn
Join Date: May 22, 2018
Location: very small town in rural area
Age: 15
Gender: Female
Default Re: Fear of driving?

We have like 2+ acres of back yard, so I've been allowed to drive around that for a couple of years now, but haven't started driving lessons yet. That will come when school starts in the fall. I'm also allowed to drive up and down the driveway.

One time, and only once, I let myself be talked into taking some friends for a ride around the neighborhood in my big sister's red Mustang convertible. Bad idea. Very bad idea. It's the only car like it in our small town, and I didn't make it more than a few blocks before one of mom's friends spotted the car, and me driving, since I look nothing like my sister. That did not end well.

But I totally look forward to taking driving lessons and getting a license. I'm not afraid to drive, but I'm very worried that most of the other people on the roads are too careless.
Katie2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 22nd, 2018, 11:33 AM   #9
cinderfella
Member+
 
Join Date: June 15, 2018
Gender: Male
Default Re: Fear of driving?

Its really the other people on the road who who will scare you. However, you just have suck it up and try it. It will fade over time. Just practice and be a defensive driver and you will be fine.
cinderfella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 22nd, 2018, 11:40 AM   #10
Alex_Swim
Member++
 
Alex_Swim's Forum Picture
 
Name: Alex
Join Date: May 10, 2017
Location: Boston, Mass
Age: 16
Gender: Male
Default Re: Fear of driving?

I don't like driving on the Interstates. To many cars, going to fast, to much to watch out for.

I Do OK on the state hi-way, and local roads. But the Interstates freq me out.

Dad said we would work on Interstate driving more when we do our summer road trip.
Alex_Swim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 25th, 2018, 12:36 PM   #11
plasmaspirit
Member+
 
Name: J.
Join Date: March 18, 2018
Location: Some Little Spot in the East
Gender: Male
Default Re: Fear of driving?

I also have this fear since I live in country wherein people jaywalk on the main thoroughfare all the time. I practice inside our gated community but I've curbed one of cars so many times I'm scared to take it on the actual road with living breathing people.

I kill the threads I post in and if you PM I probably never stop replying *imagine witty signature here*
16 Male Bisexual. PM VM or talk to me just be nice!


............Took a break for my health..........
Still battling anxiety and depression
plasmaspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 25th, 2018, 12:43 PM   #12
bmac03
Member
 
bmac03's Forum Picture
 
Name: Brandon
Join Date: May 1, 2018
Location: Canada
Gender: Male
Default Re: Fear of driving?

I am also terrified of driving, I am able to get my license next year and I am so scared that I might hurt myself or someone else.

Hi Im Brandon, PM anytime and we will chat!🙂
bmac03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 31st, 2018, 01:34 PM   #13
RainbowLove
Member++
 
RainbowLove's Forum Picture
 
Join Date: January 5, 2013
Gender: Gender Questioning
Default Re: Fear of driving?

I don't drive, and I'm terrified of the idea... it's not great for my anxiety!
RainbowLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:08 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright©2000 - 2018
Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 2004 - 2018, VirtualTeen.org