Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old May 25th, 2011, 09:15 PM   #1
Alecto.Rejoice

Name: Alecto
Default Not sure.

I don't think I have an eating disorder, and I've been told again and again that I'm not depressed.
When I was younger, I couldn't eat all that much because of some neglect, and so my body got used to not eating very much for a few days, at least. I once nearly collapsed in grade eight because I hadn't eaten for two weeks, but that was the worst of it. I've never been bulimic, but people have asked if I'm anorexic.
For the past six months, I had started to eat healthily, and was starting to feel really healthy.
But then a little over week ago, my girlfriend of nearly 20 months broke up with me. It was a shock. And since then I haven't been able to eat or sleep properly. I don't know what to do because a councillor won't see me, the ones at school don't know how to deal with this. I simply don't have the urge to take care of myself. I don't eat. I don't feel the hunger anymore, and only eat when my intestines growl. And even then, I don't, at times... What should I do?
Alecto.Rejoice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2011, 03:53 AM   #2
bambino
Member++

bambino's Forum Picture

Name: Cat
Default Re: Not sure.

I think even though you're in shock over your break up, you should try and make yourself eat 3 meals a day.
I know you don't have much motivation to look after yourself right now,but if you're not eating right you will end up depressed. If you force yourself to have 3 small meals a day your mood will improve as well as your health.
It can be fun planning out meals, and drinks. Maybe if you've been eating well for a week, then treat yourself- buy something nice as a well done. Keep going and see improvements in your body! It will take a while for the weight to go on probably but it will be worth it for your health, self esteem and happiness in the long run.
bambino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 28th, 2011, 03:25 PM   #3
Fiction
Ex Psych Mod

Fiction's Forum Picture

Name: Kathy
Default Re: Not sure.

I don't think this is an eating disorder, although there may be an underlying physical cause for this. You should probably go and see a doctor.

When i'm upset I also tend to eat less, and I always have done even before I have an eating disorder. I just sort of start to feel sick when I do try to eat so that's pretty normal, although you should try and eat.

You brought hate, pills and knives,
And this is how the tale begins.
Its your life, exist and wonder why.
When it only fails to work,
It only fails to work sometimes
Fiction is offline   Reply With Quote