Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old January 9th, 2006, 10:29 PM   #1
Glasgow
Banned

Default God

Lately I have been thinking about all this god and jesus stuff.
I personally don't think that these people exist. No offence against the deeply religious people on this forum, but this is my theory. I think that the bible is a fictional fairy-tale that was made up to entertain the people.
Let me know your thoughts on this.
Glasgow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 9th, 2006, 10:40 PM   #2
Kiros
Retired Administrator

Kiros's Forum Picture

Name: Ben

You can think what you want, as everyone does.

Though as said before, God exists, and Jesus is our savior. Simple as that.

Kiros || Ben

Happiness is not about being perfect.
It is about seeing beyond the imperfections.
Kiros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2006, 07:31 AM   #4
TheWizard
Retired Administrator

TheWizard's Forum Picture

God hates me.

Josh

TheWizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2006, 07:44 AM   #5
Kiros
Retired Administrator

Kiros's Forum Picture

God hates no one, though if you don't love God as a first, then might not have a great relationship with him. All it takes is a little love and a little faith

Kiros || Ben

Old January 10th, 2006, 08:33 AM   #6
ThePhantom
Awesome Poster

ThePhantom's Forum Picture

well this topic is sure to get at least 14 pages

Quote:
and a little faith
Sure I am sure you are a true believer of Christianity, but what of the Hindus and the Islams? I am sure there are people, and many more on that, who will say the same thing. Why then, is Christianity allowed to make such comments.
Personally, i think that all religions ahve good morals (except an illicit few) but I do not practicy any, as EVERY religion will say that if you do not believe in that god you will not go on into your next life/heaven ect ect .....soo .. which one is the right one? Seeing how the dominating religion on VT is christianity, we will see the ''Christian is the right way to go!'' yelled at.

I think society has been brainwashed by their parents and not given the ability to have their own views. They may have the ability, logically, but when being pressured by parents, it is just simply impossible.

Now if you think of what I have to say .... I think when you die you just die. We are muli-billion celled organisms who have the ability to think on account of so many cells. We die we just die it ends.

And t hat is my story

http://usera.imagecave.com/aoxfordca/Phantomsig.png
Gay. Vegetarian. Atheist.
www.alexoxford.com
Private message me for cognitive therapy.
I am going to major in social psychology.
*Like What i have to say? Click the scale to the left!*
ThePhantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2006, 11:09 AM   #7
redcar
Retired Administrator

redcar's Forum Picture

i believe in God, i bleieve in Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit. i'm Catholic and i am firm in my beleifs.

~ A L E X ~

||||||||||||
redcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2006, 12:06 PM   #8
kolte
I am: I am

kolte's Forum Picture

Name: Matt

ok, these are my views. my father 'was' a jew, and my mother is a mormon(sadly) my father converted to babtist(sadly) in 2000/2001. In my life I've been exposed to many religions....I have been....and I've read many passages and study many different bibles and texts. And In my opionion. There is a god, jesus is a profet not a messiah. The bible has its falseities, the old testiment, is riddled with immoral laws, such as its stance on slavery etc etc. The new testiment, though I do not believe the story, I think what jesus said rings very true. I think if we just looked at what he tought instead of trying to find out who he was we wouldnt have such fighting. He tought good things, love and be loved, thats how to live for god. be happy, thats how you make god happy, just be good. Its not law's and technicalities anymore, its just love...and be loved...and if you do that, then thers no reason to lie, theres no reason to murder, theres no reason to covet....not if you love. I'm gay, I'm apparently damned by god. But I don't think so. I really don't. because I am a loving person. The bible wasnt written by jesus, and it wasnt written by the great phrophts. moses yes. but you know what. take out all the stories of the bible, and just left what it tought, and you have a very good lesson. LOVE AND BE LOVED. danke' you have been a good crowed.

""The New Law of Righteousness," that there "shall be no buying or selling, no fairs nor markets, but the whole earth shall be a common treasury for every man," and "there shall be none Lord over others, but every one shall be a Lord of himself.""
kolte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2006, 12:42 PM   #9
WelshLad
Awesome Poster

i thought if you were a jew, you can't convert. That's what we were taught in religion at school. Hey can someone tell also please tell me why Jews must wait 7 hours before eating dairy after eating meat, and vice versa?
WelshLad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2006, 12:54 PM   #10
kolte
I am: I am

kolte's Forum Picture

Name: Matt

jew's can convert if they want to. anybody can convert. I did. When I turned 13 years old, I told my family that I would no longer participate in the jewish religion. my dad had allready lost his mind and we didnt live with him, so I heard no objections from my mormon mother or confused brothers. and I have searched for my own path, not had sombody tell me were to walk.

""The New Law of Righteousness," that there "shall be no buying or selling, no fairs nor markets, but the whole earth shall be a common treasury for every man," and "there shall be none Lord over others, but every one shall be a Lord of himself.""
kolte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2006, 03:57 PM   #11
Glasgow
Banned

I have a new theory now. Now i think that these people did exist a long time ago, but have now gone. Just like St.Nick. But their spirit still lives in the people, and in St.Nick(santa) lives in the kids
Old January 10th, 2006, 05:22 PM   #12
Underage_Thinker
Awesome Poster

Underage_Thinker's Forum Picture

K my parnts pressure me constantly to be a big cristan and all. But my veiw is that their is a higher power. What or who that is i do not know right know. I mean the bibal is great and all, but think about it u dont need to take it so litarly. Take the story of adam and eve. It treaches you thaat there are consequinces for ur actions. I think that people should respect each others religon and just live good moral lives.

Computers in the future may weigh no more than 1.5 tons."
- Popular Mechanics, 1949

︻┳═一
Underage_Thinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2006, 08:36 PM   #13
ThePhantom
Awesome Poster

one day at the church we went to we had a lesson on the storys in the bible. We read storys from the bible, and translated them into morals and teachings rather then taking the whole story literally. for example : noah and the arch. Totally fake in everybodys opinion at our church ( most likely not EVERYBODY) but it has the morals within it to teach.

Meh dont ask me more of my church >.<

www.alexoxford.com
Old January 10th, 2006, 09:52 PM   #14
Kiros
Retired Administrator

Kiros's Forum Picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaWonder
well this topic is sure to get at least 14 pages

Quote:
and a little faith
Sure I am sure you are a true believer of Christianity, but what of the Hindus and the Islams? I am sure there are people, and many more on that, who will say the same thing. Why then, is Christianity allowed to make such comments.
Personally, i think that all religions ahve good morals (except an illicit few) but I do not practicy any, as EVERY religion will say that if you do not believe in that god you will not go on into your next life/heaven ect ect .....soo .. which one is the right one? Seeing how the dominating religion on VT is christianity, we will see the ''Christian is the right way to go!'' yelled at.

I think society has been brainwashed by their parents and not given the ability to have their own views. They may have the ability, logically, but when being pressured by parents, it is just simply impossible.

Now if you think of what I have to say .... I think when you die you just die. We are muli-billion celled organisms who have the ability to think on account of so many cells. We die we just die it ends.

And t hat is my story
Why is Christianity allowed to make such comments??? Because it's the truth. You, as an individual, have been given a life, along with free will. I'm sure that you were just a random egg that got the seed from your father, right? That 00.01% pointed to you out of chance? So in effect, you were just a random egg, no more, no less? I'm suuure that's it -_- Though hey, you can think that if you want. If you don't show love to The Lord and have faith in him and him alone, then you will not be guaranteed heaven - simple as that. Though, God has given you free will, trusted you with that, so it's your deal if you want to believe cows are holy.

For some reason, a lot of people on this site claim they're not religious. Maybe it's because they are going with the crowd, and hope not to look different, or maybe it's because they don't want to bring up religion in a forum, as a lot of people can be against or for a different religion. Whatever the case, it's up to them to do what they think is right - God has made it so his presence could not be proven, so therefore, it is up to faith.

Kiros || Ben

Old January 11th, 2006, 11:28 PM   #15
Trademarked
Great Poster

Trademarked's Forum Picture

i know it's been a day since last post and all but u really need to put this out there.

if there is a god, why are so many people in pain, dying, suffering, being tortured because they dont believe in the same thing? because they broke a rule that's in the bible? becauss it's not in gods way?
i dont know much about other religions, but if god created this world, made us all, has power over all of us, then why are so many things going wrong?
If he, she, it made us, then why arent we all christians? or jews? or muslims?
if he is all powerful, then why is all this happening?
my theory, there is no god, no higher power, we are our own higher power, only your self has the choice of what you want to do.

http://virtualteen.org/forums/images/misc/im_aim.gifRileytotallypwns
AIM me! I got nothing better to do
Trademarked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2006, 08:13 PM   #16
Glasgow
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris
i know it's been a day since last post and all but u really need to put this out there.

if there is a god, why are so many people in pain, dying, suffering, being tortured because they dont believe in the same thing? because they broke a rule that's in the bible? becauss it's not in gods way?
i dont know much about other religions, but if god created this world, made us all, has power over all of us, then why are so many things going wrong?
If he, she, it made us, then why arent we all christians? or jews? or muslims?
if he is all powerful, then why is all this happening?
my theory, there is no god, no higher power, we are our own higher power, only your self has the choice of what you want to do.
Now thats a good theory man.
Old January 12th, 2006, 09:25 PM   #17
ThePhantom
Awesome Poster

Quote:
That 00.01% pointed to you out of chance?
Sorry kiros but it would be about the .000000000001 chance that happens every million years or so. But my point is this: Why are so many people so close minded in the fact that we are the only living organisms ever to be known? I mean CMON havent you ever seen stargate? What will happen when we reach alien contact? Mass christianity suicide?

www.alexoxford.com
Old January 15th, 2006, 04:17 AM   #18
Cap'nCrunch
Nice Poster

Well, God and Jesus should be capitalized, so you must not have been thinking TOO hard about them. I think you're right on the Bible part: a portion of it is bullshit. The Book of Revelation is one example. You can't take anything literally in that book. You have to decide what you believe in. No-one can tell you what you believe or what is "true."

PhD student - Organic Chemistry

I don't read an entire thread before I respond; I try to answer the question quickly and concisely.
Cap'nCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 15th, 2006, 01:26 PM   #19
Kiros
Retired Administrator

Kiros's Forum Picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaWonder
Quote:
That 00.01% pointed to you out of chance?
Sorry kiros but it would be about the .000000000001 chance that happens every million years or so. But my point is this: Why are so many people so close minded in the fact that we are the only living organisms ever to be known? I mean CMON havent you ever seen stargate? What will happen when we reach alien contact? Mass christianity suicide?
You do realize that 00.01% is equal to .0001, right? Yes, I completely agree. Too many people are close minded and cannot believe in what they don't see.

Kiros || Ben

Old January 15th, 2006, 04:23 PM   #20
TheWizard
Retired Administrator

TheWizard's Forum Picture

Nothing FAILS as often as prayer.

Josh

TheWizard is offline   Reply With Quote