Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old January 4th, 2019, 01:04 AM   #1
TRAbitha13

Unhappy I think I am in the closet

I think I am more attracted to girls than guys and I dont know what I would do if my parents found out...
TRAbitha13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 4th, 2019, 01:52 AM   #2
Naters2000
Junior Member+

Name: Nate
Default Re: I think I am in the closet

First off, I want to let you know that you are not alone. I am gay, and when I first realized, I thought the exact same thing.

Chiefly, the first thing you have to do is to come to terms with you sexuality and accept yourself. This can either take the most amount of time or the least, but it's crucial. Once you accept yourself, you'll care less about your parents finding out. However, if you're in an environment where coming out to your parents could put you in a dangerous situation, do not do it! You have to become financially stable first.

But don't worry about this, it's who you are and they should accept you and love you no matter what.

Im Nate, I play classical clarinet, love hiking, illustrating, and spending time with my incredible friends! Feel free to write a message on my board.
Naters2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 4th, 2019, 11:48 AM   #3
Katie2003
Awesome Poster

Name: Katelynn

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRAbitha13 View Post
I think I am more attracted to girls than guys and I dont know what I would do if my parents found out...
I'm openly bisexual with a much stronger attraction to other girls, like 90%. But my parents have always known since I was little and they are very supportive. At 15, I've dated a bunch of girls and two boys, and that has confirmed my sexuality beyond a doubt.

Mom is PhD in behavioral psychology and says that the vast majority of girls and women are actually bisexual even if they don't admit it, or never act on their feelings toward their own gender. A lot of our sexuality is genetically influenced, so if you feel strongly about other girls, there's nothing at all wrong with that. It's become much more acceptable in society for same sex couples to be open about their life and in many places it's legal for them to get married now.

In our teen years, there is a lot of learning about ourselves, trying things for the first time, experimenting to see what works for us. IDK how your parents feel about being bisexual or queer, but it's something you ought to discuss with them. You don't have to decide which you are just yet, or ever. But letting them know that you have feelings toward both boys and girls would be a good conversation point. If they love you unconditionally as parents are supposed to love their children, then they will be accepting of your feelings about this.

Feel free to message me if you want to discuss anything privately.

Last edited by Katie2003; January 4th, 2019 at 11:51 AM.
Katie2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 4th, 2019, 07:25 PM   #4
vandilization

vandilization's Forum Picture

Name: Andrew

I wouldn't feel bad about it. You can't change who you like, and sometimes, especially when teenagers, those feelings can change too. You shouldn't have to worry about making sure everyone knows what you like, just know there's nothing wrong with it either way.
vandilization is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 4th, 2019, 08:43 PM   #5
ska8er
VT Lover

ska8er's Forum Picture

Name: Andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie2003 View Post
I'm openly bisexual with a much stronger attraction to other girls, like 90%. But my parents have always known since I was little and they are very supportive. At 15, I've dated a bunch of girls and two boys, and that has confirmed my sexuality beyond a doubt.

Mom is PhD in behavioral psychology and says that the vast majority of girls and women are actually bisexual even if they don't admit it, or never act on their feelings toward their own gender. A lot of our sexuality is genetically influenced, so if you feel strongly about other girls, there's nothing at all wrong with that. It's become much more acceptable in society for same sex couples to be open about their life and in many places it's legal for them to get married now.

In our teen years, there is a lot of learning about ourselves, trying things for the first time, experimenting to see what works for us. IDK how your parents feel about being bisexual or queer, but it's something you ought to discuss with them. You don't have to decide which you are just yet, or ever. But letting them know that you have feelings toward both boys and girls would be a good conversation point. If they love you unconditionally as parents are supposed to love their children, then they will be accepting of your feelings about this.

Feel free to message me if you want to discuss anything privately.
U have good reasoning here But DONT say "Queer".
ska8er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 4th, 2019, 10:26 PM   #6
Katie2003
Awesome Poster

Name: Katelynn

Quote:
Originally Posted by ska8er View Post
U have good reasoning here But DONT say "Queer".
Queer is a legitimate word used by many of us who are not straight to describe our sexual orientation. It isn't supposed to be offensive any longer like it may have been in previous generations. I feel right about defining myself as queer, and so do many of my friends who are not straight!
Katie2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 4th, 2019, 11:00 PM   #7
ska8er
VT Lover

ska8er's Forum Picture

Name: Andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie2003 View Post
Queer is a legitimate word used by many of us who are not straight to describe our sexual orientation. It isn't supposed to be offensive any longer like it may have been in previous generations. I feel right about defining myself as queer, and so do many of my friends who are not straight!
All good and well Katie if u and ur friends can deal
with calling urselves "queer" but especially a lot of
teens might take being called that bulling and feel
bad bout themselves. This also goes for Black people
who call each other the "N" word. What is the norm
for one person is not for another.
ska8er is offline   Reply With Quote