Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Closed Thread

Old May 26th, 2004, 06:48 PM   #1
SaTaN_iz_GoD

Default Gay Marriage (Merged)

I personally think the government is screwing Americans over. They dont have any respect for homosexuals. They tell us not to discrimanate ppl and they get mad at us for saying stuff about homosexuals yet they can tell them how to live?

Journey into the mind of a psychopath killer
Blood spiller
Mentality much iller
Than you could ever imagine
In your wildest dreams
You feel his pain in his vilent screams
Old May 26th, 2004, 06:56 PM   #2
dying lullaby
Awesome Poster

dying lullaby's Forum Picture

i totally agree. its not right, ppl should have the right to chose who it is they marry. the government is supporting prejudices by not allowing all ppl equal rights.

http://usera.imagecave.com/aoxfordca/dyinglull4.jpg
^ made by AtlantaWonder ^

She can\'t remember a time when she felt needed
If love was red then she was color blind
leave me be, while i rot and die, in the corner, under the blanket that you gave me when you lied and told me i ment something
~Bri
Old May 26th, 2004, 08:17 PM   #3
roxy4sixty9
Member++

Location: somewhere on some street in some house in Missouri USA

i agree i have nothing to add

Alone in my world of pain....help me find a way out~~~~Jesse
Old May 27th, 2004, 07:21 PM   #4
TheWizard
Retired Administrator

TheWizard's Forum Picture

I agree too.

Josh

Old May 27th, 2004, 10:46 PM   #5
RunAwayMolly
Great Poster

RunAwayMolly's Forum Picture

wow some debate... with everyone agreeing... even me 8)

To win the respect of intelegent people and the affection of children, to appreciate beauty, to find the best in others, to leave the world a bit better, whether by a healthy child, a garden patch... to know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is too have SUCCEEDED! - Emerson

<3 Molly Olly Oxen Free!
Old May 28th, 2004, 12:40 AM   #6
Dfsg
Awesome Poster

I guess I could avoid a long debate if I just agreed with ya'll... But that make me a lier

So I'll just remain silent

As always- None of my statements are evaluated by the FDA.

My advice is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any diseases unless prescribed by a health practitioner. All information is provided for educational purposes only and should not replace the advice of your medical doctor.

(but your medical doctor will probably end up killing you )
Old May 28th, 2004, 08:47 AM   #7
dying lullaby
Awesome Poster

dying lullaby's Forum Picture

ok, now you HAVE to tell us what you think

http://usera.imagecave.com/aoxfordca/dyinglull4.jpg
^ made by AtlantaWonder ^

She can\'t remember a time when she felt needed
If love was red then she was color blind
leave me be, while i rot and die, in the corner, under the blanket that you gave me when you lied and told me i ment something
~Bri
Old May 28th, 2004, 01:03 PM   #8
Runner
Junior Member+

I just don't see how government can put limitations on love. You can't help who you fall in love with...why should anyone else meddle with it?
Old May 28th, 2004, 01:11 PM   #9
Dfsg
Awesome Poster

Well, the government doesn't say a guy can't fall in love with a guy- that would be plain stupid. That would be in denial that homosexuality exists. That is why we have civil unions that cover gays in love.

My problem with a gay maraige is that maraige is something that is religious. Maraige is biblically and historically something to join a man and a woman to create a family and perpetuate humanity. A man to man, or a woman to woman maraige can not have children, and can not perpetuate life.

The government should not be placing restrictions or taking away restrictions on something that should be controlled by the Church. That goes against Separation of Church and State.

Yes- separation of Church and State should work in favor of the church sometimes. It seems that that law only hinders churches, but in this case, the government is trying to meddle in church affairs.

So I say go ahead- love those of your same gender. Move in together, be proud of it. Just don't expect to be recognized as maried.

My advice is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any diseases unless prescribed by a health practitioner. All information is provided for educational purposes only and should not replace the advice of your medical doctor.

Old May 28th, 2004, 01:14 PM   #10
Runner
Junior Member+

But what about all of the children who are not wanted? Why can't gays be parents to those children...and therefore considered to be a family??
Old May 28th, 2004, 02:01 PM   #11
Dfsg
Awesome Poster

I never said I had a problem with a gay couple adopting

Old May 28th, 2004, 07:10 PM   #12
Anonymous
Unregistered

Black or white,
Gay or straight,
Marriage is a human right.

'Nuff said.

Old May 28th, 2004, 09:08 PM   #13
Dfsg
Awesome Poster

Is that enough to say? It has been said numerous times, and still it is illegal to honor a gay maraige in 49 states.

Why doesn't anyone here go for civil unions, instead of maraige?

Old May 28th, 2004, 10:19 PM   #14
RunAwayMolly
Great Poster

marraige isnt religious anymore... its a peice of paper.

To win the respect of intelegent people and the affection of children, to appreciate beauty, to find the best in others, to leave the world a bit better, whether by a healthy child, a garden patch... to know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is too have SUCCEEDED! - Emerson

<3 Molly Olly Oxen Free!
Old May 28th, 2004, 10:39 PM   #15
Dfsg
Awesome Poster

Well, that is what maraige will become if homosexual maraiges are handed out like lolly pops in a pediatrician's office.

How could you think of maraige as just a piece of paper? That makes it much less important, and not worthy of such a critical argument.

For once, I do think John Kerry is right. He wants more rights for gays in a civil union, but is still against gay maraige. This provides protections for the both religious world, and the homosexual world.

Old May 28th, 2004, 10:42 PM   #16
RunAwayMolly
Great Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dfsg
Well, that is what maraige will become if homosexual maraiges are handed out like lolly pops in a pediatrician's office.

How could you think of maraige as just a piece of paper? That makes it much less important, and not worthy of such a critical argument.

For once, I do think John Kerry is right. He wants more rights for gays in a civil union, but is still against gay maraige. This provides protections for the both religious world, and the homosexual world.
thats how it already is... you sign a peace of paper and your married legally? marraige shouldnt be a legal matter in the frist place! its for you, your partner, your family and god. and the thing about that is that its completely up to the homosexual...

i also hate when people call it an abomination... we have done plenty of things considered an abomination under god! therefor we have no right to jugde

<3 Molly Olly Oxen Free!
Old May 28th, 2004, 10:43 PM   #17
RunAwayMolly
Great Poster

yes i think it is a good plan because then everyones happy... will you be old enough to vote by the election?

<3 Molly Olly Oxen Free!
Old May 28th, 2004, 11:00 PM   #18
Dfsg
Awesome Poster

I miss the age requirements for the election by 5 months (poo!) I'd still vote Bush, however.

I just think that gays should have the same rights as homosexuals, but just in a civil union. Yes, we have no right to judge, but churches have an obligation to combat sin. You can't deny that maraige was started to recognise people as being promised to each other, and ready to start a family.

Old May 29th, 2004, 09:16 PM   #19
RunAwayMolly
Great Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dfsg
I miss the age requirements for the election by 5 months (poo!) I'd still vote Bush, however.

I just think that gays should have the same rights as homosexuals, but just in a civil union. Yes, we have no right to judge, but churches have an obligation to combat sin. You can't deny that maraige was started to recognise people as being promised to each other, and ready to start a family.
could you fix homo to hetero? I think some people might get confused and not realise its a typo

<3 Molly Olly Oxen Free!
Old May 29th, 2004, 09:51 PM   #20
RunAwayMolly
Great Poster

Ill be 18 by then im pumped... altho im not voting bush... bush hates my type liberaller then greenpeace and peta combined... well not quite... but yeah the same... mmm i dont nkow what im talking about so ill stop

<3 Molly Olly Oxen Free!
Closed Thread