Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old March 7th, 2013, 08:16 PM   #1
GoneForGood

GoneForGood's Forum Picture

Name: Maggie
Unhappy almost at my snapping point.

I am about to go off.

I'm stressed out to my max and if I don't do something soon I am either going to get violent or break down and cry. Neither would be my preference.

I am just so sick of being blamed for stupid stuff. I'm tired of everyone provoking me to fight with them. But, mostly I'm over me being a jerk to my family just because I am stressed out and have no way to vent.

I just need some suggestions of ways to cope other than cutting. Please?
Feel free to message me about anything

Last edited by GoneForGood; March 7th, 2013 at 08:54 PM.
GoneForGood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 7th, 2013, 09:06 PM   #2
Perfect_Insanity
Junior Member+

Perfect_Insanity's Forum Picture

Name: Katrina
Default Re: almost at my snapping point.

I'd try to go wander around outside. That's what I usually do, and it really helps me organize my thoughts. This could backfire, though (My dad gets really pissed when I leave without telling him, but he won't let me go if I ask)

Other things i've heard of doing:
Drawing
Screaming into a pillow
taking a bath
talking to a friend
listen to music
ripping paper

Sometimes i soak my hands in burning hot water, that helps me, but I have no clue whether or not this would work for other people.

-Hope this helped-

My happiest memories have no place in the past; they are those I have yet to create.
- Ellen Hopkins

Feel free to message me on skype if you need any help or anything.
Perfect_Insanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 7th, 2013, 09:37 PM   #3
GoneForGood

GoneForGood's Forum Picture

Name: Maggie

Thanks for the ideas,
It really means a lot.
GoneForGood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 8th, 2013, 03:01 PM   #4
Cadbury-Monster

Cadbury-Monster's Forum Picture

I find that crying helps the most, as well as punching and kicking soft stuff.
Cadbury-Monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2013, 10:14 AM   #5
Texas warrior
Nice Poster

Texas warrior's Forum Picture

Name: Jackson

Prop up your mattress on your wall and beat the shit out of it.

Drugs, Sex, Rock and Roll!!!!
Fire up the bowl!!!!
Put it in the hole!!!!
Lesson to some tunes and free my soul!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I have a thought, lets smoke some pot.
I have a lot, and it go's great with twat!
And don't get caught, or you will rot.
So lets smoke some grass and fuck some ass!!!!!!!!!!!!
Texas warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 10th, 2013, 06:12 PM   #6
ChanChan976
Unregistered

Just take a minute and pause. Walk away from the problem for a minute and collect yourself. Try writing about your problems.
Old March 10th, 2013, 06:19 PM   #7
PinkFloyd
Steve Jobs' Bitch

PinkFloyd's Forum Picture

Name: Rob

Do something violent but not damaging like what texas warrior said.

"My mother would say to me, 'Look for the helpers. You will always find people who are helping." Fred Rogers
PinkFloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 11th, 2013, 08:43 AM   #8
ImCoolBeans
Retired Administrator

ImCoolBeans's Forum Picture

Name: Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas warrior View Post
Prop up your mattress on your wall and beat the shit out of it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob5454 View Post
Do something violent but not damaging like what texas warrior said.
I don't know if that's really a good idea. Letting out your stress and emotions should be more of a peaceful thing. If you let it out with violence you could potentially be going down a dangerous path. As you let it out with violence, if it works for you, it can progress to the next thing, and to the next thing, eventually becoming more and more violent. As the emotions get stronger -- so does the violence. It's a natural progression that can potentially be dangerous to the OP and to others.

Always here to help. Don't hesitate to PM me.

Machines Are Taking Over
-Ron
-and also Beth, with Max too
Contact me at [email protected]
Jon was here
"The Goderator" Worshiper
*Ali*-
Officially blessed by Elysium, The Goderator
ImCoolBeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 11th, 2013, 09:41 AM   #9
Atonement
Daily Adventurer

Atonement's Forum Picture

Name: Addison

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImCoolBeans View Post
I don't know if that's really a good idea. Letting out your stress and emotions should be more of a peaceful thing.
I very much so agree.

Part of the frustration we harness is often pent up energy that needs exertion, expression, and consideration. We have to "do" something though, that's for sure. I recommend something that creates, produces, improves, or makes you proud. Personally, I like dance, art, writing, or charity. When I'm upset, I dance my heart out. I may make a collage and think about the positive things in my life and put them all in one place to look at an enjoy. I'm then also proud of anything artistic I make, even if it isn't "good", it is at least mine. I included charity because doing something that helps others make you feel good about yourself. It sounds kind of selfish, but it gives you a purpose and a drive.

These are all great methods to avoid the negative actions, however they are only temporary. Long-term solutions will the the support of your loved ones and maybe therapy or counseling. Reaching out is hard, but when you're ready for long-term improvement, the resource will be there for you. This place (VT) is great for now, but it will take more.

All you need is love.
Atonement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 11th, 2013, 03:52 PM   #10
rocketsheep

fffff

Last edited by rocketsheep; April 6th, 2016 at 01:11 AM.
rocketsheep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 11th, 2013, 05:39 PM   #11
PinkFloyd
Steve Jobs' Bitch

PinkFloyd's Forum Picture

Name: Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImCoolBeans View Post
I don't know if that's really a good idea. Letting out your stress and emotions should be more of a peaceful thing. If you let it out with violence you could potentially be going down a dangerous path. As you let it out with violence, if it works for you, it can progress to the next thing, and to the next thing, eventually becoming more and more violent. As the emotions get stronger -- so does the violence. It's a natural progression that can potentially be dangerous to the OP and to others.
Yeah, I guess I can see how that would escalate quickly.

"My mother would say to me, 'Look for the helpers. You will always find people who are helping." Fred Rogers
PinkFloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2013, 09:48 PM   #12
RyGar

I would say let the stress out naturally, if you need to cry, cry, when you're done with a sort of cleansing period, pick up some new hobbies, join a gym, learn martial arts, draw nice things, whatever helps that doesn't harm, do it and do you
RyGar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2013, 12:03 PM   #13
AbbaZabba
Banned

Name: Abby

Maggie,

I am probably the worst person to give you advice, but on the other hand, could be the best. Addison's post had a word that plays a big role in my life and has for quite some time now.....writing. This was advice given to me and it has been so helpful.

I created a daily journal on my computer and every night I spend at least an hour rambling away. What they have me do is write all the bad thoughts I have first, then write just as you would in a diary about your day, and then finish with all the good in your life.

One, you'll find writing itself can be soothing, but you're going to find, all in all, the bad changes. But you are also going to find, a lot of good is going to repeat itself. Give it a little time, but start focusing on the good that repeats itself. If nothing else, it is a way to release pent up emotions but I think you'll also find people in the good and I took it to the next level by learning to communicating with all that is good.

I also added a section, which I simply call the Ramblings of Me, in which I take a word and just write what ever comes to mind with that word, it gets my mind to change thought. I like using words like why, what, how, etc. because they really open up your mind. Good words like love, happy, smile are good too, but any word works. Last night I used one of my favorite "why". If you repeat the word you use from time to time, it is kind of fun to see how you emotions change each time.

I've reached a level where I actually share it with my parents because they play a big role in the good section. That way there are no pent up emotions, at all, inside me, pent up emotions create a lot of issues for me. This advice came from a professional and has played a huge role in my life over the last year and a half. You can take it to what ever level you want, but I think you will find that just writing will relax your soul.

You mentioned crying, do not pass on that one. It is truly a wonderful thing to do, even when things are good. Again, this is just something I do and it works for me, so it might work for you too. ~abby

Last edited by AbbaZabba; March 15th, 2013 at 12:18 PM.
AbbaZabba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2013, 10:12 AM   #14
baseballfan
Junior Member+

I'm really sorry hopefully you get the help you need
baseballfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 9th, 2013, 11:38 PM   #15
KushKing

Name: Austin

I say punch something like a pillow, thats what i do. Seriously though, if i dont vent and shit adds up i get dangerously violent. I dont like being like that so lashing out at a pillow for a few minutes can usually set me straight.
KushKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2013, 03:21 AM   #16
Inkhead2013
Junior Member+

Inkhead2013's Forum Picture

Going for a run while blasting music in my ears helps me free my mind when I need to think. When you need to free your mind, you shouldn't isolate yourself in one place. Get away for an hour and come back when your collected. That's what I do when my dad makes me want to punch him.
Inkhead2013 is offline   Reply With Quote