Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old June 22nd, 2011, 06:58 AM   #1
Twistember

Twistember's Forum Picture

Name: Cat
Default Advice....

It's funny how I can give advice, but never take my own. Yesterday I found myself telling someone not to say "I can't" because you can do anything. But I just noticed me telling myself that I can't live without it today. I need to feel something different. I said I can't. I was about to write "Never say I can't. Anything is possible." on someones post, but then I didn't because if I can't take my own advice, I shouldn't give it. I feel like this is getting in the way of everything. I know it's a small problem, but it just feels so big right now. Does anyone else feel like this?
Twistember is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 22nd, 2011, 01:47 PM   #2
Syvelocin
Ocean Soul

Syvelocin's Forum Picture

Name: Rith
Default Re: Advice....

Sometimes. However, I don't think that should hinder you from giving advice. Sometimes advising others can open up the doors to let ourselves heal in the same way. It just enforces the fact that we all know what we're supposed to do to fix things even if it isn't obvious to you, we ask others so we can get confirmation and be more sure in what we are doing.

Yeah, if I followed my own advice, I probably wouldn't still be here. I probably wouldn't have joined in the first place. It might seem hypocritical, but it isn't a bad thing. If you look closer, almost EVERYONE that uses this part of the forum is the same way. And they don't let it get to them, well, at least they give good advice despite not following it themselves. This way, at least one person is being helped, no? If you don't give the advice to someone, they aren't being helped and you still aren't being helped either. You might also want to add in the healing affect helping others has on the advisor.

And I'm sorry I didn't build your walls. And I'm sorry I had to go and fall.
And I'm sorry I had the whole thing wrong. Well, I guess I'm the sorriest of all.
And I'm sorry that you are feeling small. And I'm sorry that I'm not used to crawling.
And I'm sorry the writing's on the wall. Well, I guess I'm the sorriest of all.
Syvelocin is offline   Reply With Quote