Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Notices

View Poll Results: Was the war in Iraq justified?
yes 4 30.77%
no 7 53.85%
idk 2 15.38%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Old June 30th, 2005, 03:31 PM   #1
kolte
I am: I am

kolte's Forum Picture

Name: Matt
Default Iraq

Why do you all think we went to the war in Iraq. How do you all think this war is justified.

""The New Law of Righteousness," that there "shall be no buying or selling, no fairs nor markets, but the whole earth shall be a common treasury for every man," and "there shall be none Lord over others, but every one shall be a Lord of himself.""
kolte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 30th, 2005, 04:17 PM   #2
Anonymous
Unregistered

because the inteeligence system thing say that iraq had weapons of mass destruction.
Old June 30th, 2005, 04:37 PM   #3
Abd123
Banned

It was all about oil and GWB trying to impress daddy
Abd123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 30th, 2005, 04:55 PM   #4
Jordan-Civ3 Master1991

the war freed iraq but it had no initial basis

No there are four of us Kennies soul is still trapped inside Cartmans body.
Jordan-Civ3 Master1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 30th, 2005, 04:56 PM   #5
Jordan-Civ3 Master1991

except oil

No there are four of us Kennies soul is still trapped inside Cartmans body.
Jordan-Civ3 Master1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 1st, 2005, 05:11 AM   #6
Abd123
Banned

Freed Iraq from what. I know Saddam wasa terrible dictator but look what's happening now. Suicide bombers, attacks on oficials, killing INNOCENT people because of what America and we did.
Abd123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 1st, 2005, 05:29 AM   #7
boognish
A Pleaser

people dont realize, this has been going on FOR YEARS, america isnt the cause. we actually made the death toll shorter. sadam killed and tortured so many more than were killed during the war, the suicide bombings are not a new thing in iraq, people are so ignorant some times. the people in the middle east have been fighting killing maiming for centuries. all the people there know is death and who ever kills the most is boss. america couldnt have gone in there and went, hi mister sadam, listen, we got a problem, we think your a threat, and we dont like you very much right now, so we would like you to leave and leave all the people alone. thanks. what would happen? sadam would laught and just shot us. do you think they care that they are dying? do you think they would care if our civilians were dying if the roles were switched? hell no, the middle easterns dont talk or feel empathetic they kill and murder

My Views Are Odd, I am Accutally a Republican
i dont suffer from insanity, i enjoy it
i swear to drunk im not god

pm me if anyone needs any kind of help, i probly know the answer you seek
i got a new email...
its gmail! it is: [email protected]
boognish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 1st, 2005, 05:46 AM   #8
kolte

kolte's Forum Picture

I think that was a very good argument boognish. I do understand that that sadam was a very bad person who did horrible things. But what I don't like about the war is the followin:

When 9/11 hit we attacked afganistan, searching for the man responsible for the deaths of the many people. O sama bin ladin

Then we thought he was hiding in Iraq

Then we forgot about him and said Iraq had wepons of mass destruction

then we searched and searched and found none but ended up attacking Iraq in the prosses

Then we said we were finghting for Iraqs freedom

So what was the war for really?

To find O sama

To find oil

To get rid of the wepons that did not exsist

to free the people that didnt want to be free

Or something else

Thats why I made this topic, to see what other ppl thought this war was for.

""The New Law of Righteousness," that there "shall be no buying or selling, no fairs nor markets, but the whole earth shall be a common treasury for every man," and "there shall be none Lord over others, but every one shall be a Lord of himself.""
Old July 1st, 2005, 06:35 AM   #9
nwshc
Banned

nwshc's Forum Picture

I do agree that this war has gone all over the place, but i also do think that we had to go into Iraq.
I do wish that they could have found Osama, but at the same time, we are making Iraq a better place than it was. Now the people can vote, and they don't have to fear a ruthless dictator.
nwshc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 1st, 2005, 11:24 AM   #10
Dante
Legendary Member

im so tired of topics with iraq, how many of these things do we have....all we do is end up repeating what we say.

If Any Member needs to talk to me about anything, Just PM me, the door is always open.

My blog: Blog...
Dante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 1st, 2005, 11:29 AM   #11
nwshc
Banned

nwshc's Forum Picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante
im so tired of topics with iraq, how many of these things do we have....all we do is end up repeating what we say.
I know. lol. I was thinking the same thing.
nwshc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 1st, 2005, 05:07 PM   #12
kolte

kolte's Forum Picture

quoting nwshc's sig. We will never forget

Old July 2nd, 2005, 08:21 PM   #13
<-Dying_to_Live->
VT Lover

<-Dying_to_Live->'s Forum Picture

we went because we thought were a threat. im glad were still there and are achieving our goal of speading democracy and freedom around the world (because everyone else is afraid to )
<-Dying_to_Live-> is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 3rd, 2005, 09:51 PM   #14
castillo_98
Junior Member+

People never look at the big picture. In every war, there have been some civilian deaths. In some wars, there have been many civilian deaths.

While I am not totally educated on the war on Iraq, and may be missing a few details here and there, I believe that it was a good thing. We got rid of a vicious tyrant and his criminal cohorts (who were responsible for many unnecessary deaths, people don't realise)

It's the bleeding heart liberals of America who don't realise how lucky they are to live in a democracy (instead they rant about the Patriot Act... Hey Billy, they ain't listening to the phone calls to your mother!)

The Iraqi people did not have that freedom. The freedom of speech, and all the other liberties WE (the western world) take for granted. We are working towards giving those Iraqis freedom.

It seems nowadays, people just want to hate the president. We could put Abe Lincoln back in office (through what miracle, I have no idea) and still we would have idiot protestors.

Of course, you who disagree with Bush are entitled to an opinion. But before you rant and rave, look at some of the cold, hard facts. We're doing more good than bad.
castillo_98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 3rd, 2005, 10:00 PM   #15
AC.wAkeBoArDin.06
VT Lover

AC.wAkeBoArDin.06's Forum Picture

Im gunna sum this up nice and ez...

Bush lied.... american soldiers died... and were losing billions of dollars...

Iraqi war is not justified

The Years Have Been Short, But The Days Go Slowly By.
~The Shins
AC.wAkeBoArDin.06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 4th, 2005, 12:20 PM   #16
kolte

kolte's Forum Picture

thanks adam.

[guote]
It's the bleeding heart liberals of America who don't realise how lucky they are to live in a democracy (instead they rant about the Patriot Act... Hey Billy, they ain't listening to the phone calls to your mother!) [/quote]

Leave the liberals out of this! I am not a christain and will never try and force my belifes down sombodys elses troat like a conservitive!

Old July 4th, 2005, 12:30 PM   #17
<-Dying_to_Live->
VT Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoYofPepSi2003
Im gunna sum this up nice and ez...

Bush lied.... american soldiers died... and were losing billions of dollars...

Iraqi war is not justified
aww hunny you cant put a price on other peoples freedom, thats just cynnical and pathetic. u just dont care do you? you care about NOTHING except your OWN freedom, your OWN money, your OWN people. how about you be more embracing of 27 million suffering people who are less fortunate than you and maybe put their intrests first?
Old July 4th, 2005, 12:45 PM   #18
kolte

kolte's Forum Picture

if you lok at the 400 billion dollers, most went twards the production of smart billistic missiles. ommmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, sure killing the people is allot like freeing them, i see

Old July 4th, 2005, 12:54 PM   #19
<-Dying_to_Live->
VT Lover

people are dying by accident, its not like were on a campaign to murder everyone you silly goose. you dont consider giving people a democratic government they elected themselves as being free and democratic? hehehe your so silly!
Old July 4th, 2005, 01:21 PM   #20
kolte

kolte's Forum Picture

I agree with that cosmos. I just think this war could have been handled in a much better way. We made very hasty disisions. DO you not agree with that.