Virtual Teen Forums
 

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

View Poll Results: What is your religion?
Agnosticism 139 13.47%
Atheism 311 30.14%
Buddhism 12 1.16%
Christianity (Please Specify) 410 39.73%
Hinduism 9 0.87%
Islam 33 3.20%
Judaism 17 1.65%
Wicca 17 1.65%
Other (Please Specify) 84 8.14%
Voters: 1032. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 1st, 2009, 08:16 AM   #861
Cloud Spinner
Junior Member+
 
Cloud Spinner's Forum Picture
 
Join Date: April 18, 2009
Location: Philippines
Gender: Male
Default Re: Religion

my faith... my faith... i have to keep it stronger....

that in all things.. God may be glorified... : )

Feel free to pm me i'm looking for a loyal friend
im not that cool or what but i'll do my best to BE your friend
Cloud Spinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2009, 07:34 PM   #862
Camazotz
Seor Waddles
 
Camazotz's Forum Picture
 
Name: Matt
Join Date: July 3, 2007
Location: NJ
Gender: Male
Default Re: Religion

Quote:
Originally Posted by obscuri View Post
my faith... my faith... i have to keep it stronger....

that in all things.. God may be glorified... : )
The reason I have trouble with faith is that you have no rational reason to believe in God. Most Christians believe in God because that's what they're told is right. They have blind belief in something, which shows gullibility.

Ѐņ ߀خ Ί∩خ
~Laura was here~
Camazotz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2009, 08:14 PM   #863
bobtom
Junior Member+
 
bobtom's Forum Picture
 
Name: Craig
Join Date: April 28, 2009
Location: Wisconsin
Age: 23
Gender: Male
Blog Entries: 2
Default Re: Religion

I know many Christians that were not told that believing in Him was right, but looked for Him on their own. If you know what I mean.

You can call me Craig

Want to talk about anything? I am always open to talking to someone!
bobtom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2009, 08:22 PM   #864
Oblivion
Retired Mod
 
Join Date: March 31, 2008
Gender: Male
Default Re: Religion

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2pac View Post
since some wanna know why christianism is racists , i'll explain . Those who enslaved ppl in africa , america (natives) were christians and were acting by orders of popes , priests or whatever they call themselves . and in racist i included the hate they have against homosexuals
Erm, I hate to burst your bubble, but in early America, a lot of people had slaves. Thomas Jefferson, George Washington, most rich people, and most important people had many slaves. It was common to be racist then, due to popular media, lack of knowledge, and money; so do not blame it on Christians. Also, by no means was slavery due to religion. It was purely for money; free-cheap labor makes a pure-profit economy. Not because religious leaders told everyone to get slaves.

Finally, homosexuality is an arising issue, which has not had enough time to be accepted as an OK thing. It will eventually though.

Not saying any of it is right, but to blame it solely on religion and Christians is just plain wrong. Which is coming from an Atheist.
Oblivion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2009, 08:26 PM   #865
bobtom
Junior Member+
 
bobtom's Forum Picture
 
Name: Craig
Join Date: April 28, 2009
Location: Wisconsin
Age: 23
Gender: Male
Blog Entries: 2
Default Re: Religion

Catholics have popes. I don't think any other denomination has them....

We follow orders from noone, unless it is directly told to us by God or the bible..

(sounds like a cult doesn't it)

You can call me Craig

Want to talk about anything? I am always open to talking to someone!
bobtom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2009, 09:07 AM   #866
lesher
Member
 
lesher's Forum Picture
 
Name: David
Join Date: April 21, 2009
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Age: 27
Gender: Male
Default Re: Religion

I didn't expect that atheism is the #2 on the polling amount... At least I'm not so stranger in religion in this forum site...

DVD-Lesher is who I am, my nickname, myself
lesher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2009, 02:37 PM   #867
Death
Awesome Poster
 
Death's Forum Picture
 
Join Date: May 2, 2009
Location: Britain
Age: 23
Gender: Male
Default Re: Religion

The bible is far too far-fetched. If good magic and shit were to be true, why is the world corrupt today? Besides, the authors of the bible are bigoted and discriminate, no offence but it's clear that they have problems with so many perfectly acceptable things including athiesm, homosexuality, etcetera. That's why I don't bother with religion and I'm therefore athiest. I didn't mean to offend anyone in this post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donkey View Post
Perhaps the entire argument [the death penalty] can be summarised in just a sentence.

We kill people who kill people to show others that killing is wrong.
Death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2009, 02:39 PM   #868
Death
Awesome Poster
 
Death's Forum Picture
 
Join Date: May 2, 2009
Location: Britain
Age: 23
Gender: Male
Default Re: Religion

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtom View Post
(sounds like a cult doesn't it)
It is. Not all religions are but this one is definetely a cult.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donkey View Post
Perhaps the entire argument [the death penalty] can be summarised in just a sentence.

We kill people who kill people to show others that killing is wrong.
Death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2009, 08:21 PM   #869
Sage
Banned
 
Name: Sage
Join Date: April 21, 2007
Age: 24
Gender: Female
Blog Entries: 10
Default Re: Religion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death View Post
It is. Not all religions are but this one is definetely a cult.
Well wait a moment, how are we defining a 'cult' here?
Sage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2009, 04:36 PM   #870
bobtom
Junior Member+
 
bobtom's Forum Picture
 
Name: Craig
Join Date: April 28, 2009
Location: Wisconsin
Age: 23
Gender: Male
Blog Entries: 2
Default Re: Religion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death View Post
The bible is far too far-fetched. If good magic and shit were to be true, why is the world corrupt today? Besides, the authors of the bible are bigoted and discriminate, no offence but it's clear that they have problems with so many perfectly acceptable things including athiesm, homosexuality, etcetera. That's why I don't bother with religion and I'm therefore athiest. I didn't mean to offend anyone in this post.
Im sorry but there wasnt athiesm when the bible was written. Also name one instance when they bigoted or discriminated someone. Please inform me...

You can call me Craig

Want to talk about anything? I am always open to talking to someone!
bobtom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2009, 08:19 PM   #871
Camazotz
Seor Waddles
 
Camazotz's Forum Picture
 
Name: Matt
Join Date: July 3, 2007
Location: NJ
Gender: Male
Default Re: Religion

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtom View Post
Im sorry but there wasnt athiesm when the bible was written. Also name one instance when they bigoted or discriminated someone. Please inform me...
To assume the no one from ancient times did not believe in a god is ignorant. However, atheism was not accepted because the Christian society would stone any non-believers to death. As for bigoted...

Deuteronomy 22:5 "Women are not to wear men's clothing, and men are not to wear women's clothing; the Lord your God hates people who do such things." God hates people who cross-dress.

Last time I checked, hating someone for the way they dress is irrational.

And believe me, there are many other examples I can share if you wish fore more.

Ѐņ ߀خ Ί∩خ
~Laura was here~
Camazotz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2009, 06:20 PM   #872
Death
Awesome Poster
 
Death's Forum Picture
 
Join Date: May 2, 2009
Location: Britain
Age: 23
Gender: Male
Default Re: Religion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camazotz View Post
And believe me, there are many other examples I can share if you wish fore more.
Allow me:

"And the fool hath said in his heart, there is no god."
I don't remember this exactly but it's a rough guess: "Neither the homosexuals, non-believers(there were more but I don't remember them) will inherit the land of God"

Already, we know that they are discriminitive against athiests and they are homophobes; that's just plain nasty. There's nothing wrong with being gay or lesbian, it's not something that you can control. It's like disliking a specific food. It's your brain making you dislike it; it's also your brain making you attracted to those of the same sex. The bible is very bigoted and I do not wish to become a bigot so I'm steering well away from religon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donkey View Post
Perhaps the entire argument [the death penalty] can be summarised in just a sentence.

We kill people who kill people to show others that killing is wrong.
Death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2009, 06:24 PM   #873
Clawhammer
Great Poster
 
Clawhammer's Forum Picture
 
Name: Pat
Join Date: February 16, 2009
Location: Blissful Solitude, CA.
Age: 23
Gender: Male
Default Re: Religion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camazotz View Post
The reason I have trouble with faith is that you have no rational reason to believe in God. Most Christians believe in God because that's what they're told is right. They have blind belief in something, which shows gullibility.
The world cannot create itself, no more than a sword or a shoe can. How else can such things happen? The world cannot create itself through a random explosion in the middle of space. Our Faith is not blind, I, for one, have seen and also heard of many miracles. God is real, and I follow him.

"When life itself seems lunatic, who knows where madness lies? To surrender dreams -
-this may be madness; to seek treasure where there is only trash. Too much sanity may be madness! But maddest of all -
-to see life as it is and not as it should be. "
Clawhammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2009, 08:05 AM   #874
lesher
Member
 
lesher's Forum Picture
 
Name: David
Join Date: April 21, 2009
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Age: 27
Gender: Male
Default Re: Religion

Tell me then, have you ever seen God with your very own eyes?

1st, everything you heard just a testimonial from people, right? Even though ppl says, "It's true! I seen it with my own eyes!!", heve you ever saw it with yor own eyes? I doubt it.

2nd, how many prayers that you raised in front of Him, and how many does that prayers become true?
Even though our will isn't His will, but doesn't mean that He can ignore almost everything that we ask to Him... Or... Is there some disturbing secret about this?

I'm sorry, I think I overposted my opinion, but that's because I really curious about what you're gonna answer those 2 questions... And because I'm having bitter experience about God things (a.k.a. religion)

DVD-Lesher is who I am, my nickname, myself
lesher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2009, 08:34 AM   #875
Camazotz
Seor Waddles
 
Camazotz's Forum Picture
 
Name: Matt
Join Date: July 3, 2007
Location: NJ
Gender: Male
Default Re: Religion

Quote:
Originally Posted by sorrowsingssoftly View Post
The world cannot create itself, no more than a sword or a shoe can. How else can such things happen? The world cannot create itself through a random explosion in the middle of space. Our Faith is not blind, I, for one, have seen and also heard of many miracles. God is real, and I follow him.
From what we know, you are correct. The world did not create itself. However, for me to assume God did it would be irrational because I don't know if he did or not. Same goes with polytheism, the belief in multiple deities. They could claim that multiple gods created the universe, but without evidence, I cannot rationally say that God or gods did it.

Ѐņ ߀خ Ί∩خ
~Laura was here~
Camazotz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2009, 09:00 AM   #876
Reality
Banned
 
Name: You a stalker?
Join Date: April 14, 2009
Location: U.K.
Age: 25
Gender: Male
Default Re: Religion

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtom View Post
Catholics have popes. I don't think any other denomination has them....

We follow orders from noone, unless it is directly told to us by God or the bible..

(sounds like a cult doesn't it)
The Church of England (a branch of Protestants I believe) is headed by the King or Queen (atm it's Queen Elizabeth II) of the UK from back in the days of Henry VIII who defected from Catholicism and made himself head of the Church because the Pope wouldn't grant him a divorce from his wife who wouldn't give him a son.

If I'm not mistaken, Mormon's have some sort of divine belief in their founder, Joseph Smith, from the USA who founded his religion and believed in polygamy and believed that Mormons should run the USA, so he and some other guy ran for President.

So some parts of Christianity besides Catholicism do infact have a leader, if you're trying to say they don't.

Last edited by Reality; May 9th, 2009 at 09:04 AM.
Reality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2009, 10:15 AM   #877
justanotherguy93
Member
 
justanotherguy93's Forum Picture
 
Name: just call me Stanton
Join Date: May 4, 2009
Location: south Jersey
Gender: Male
Default Re: Religion

does it really matter. as long as nobody forces their religion on u who cares. not to bag on relgions and all but i think they are a waste of time. im agnostic. and i say fallow ur own rules if it feels right do it.
justanotherguy93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2009, 02:00 PM   #878
Clawhammer
Great Poster
 
Clawhammer's Forum Picture
 
Name: Pat
Join Date: February 16, 2009
Location: Blissful Solitude, CA.
Age: 23
Gender: Male
Default Re: Religion

Quote:
Originally Posted by lesher View Post
Tell me then, have you ever seen God with your very own eyes?

1st, everything you heard just a testimonial from people, right? Even though ppl says, "It's true! I seen it with my own eyes!!", heve you ever saw it with yor own eyes? I doubt it.

2nd, how many prayers that you raised in front of Him, and how many does that prayers become true?
Even though our will isn't His will, but doesn't mean that He can ignore almost everything that we ask to Him... Or... Is there some disturbing secret about this?

I'm sorry, I think I overposted my opinion, but that's because I really curious about what you're gonna answer those 2 questions... And because I'm having bitter experience about God things (a.k.a. religion)
There's hundreds of miracles everywhere. All you have to do is not overlook them and/or take them for granted. For example, let's take the universe. It goes on forever and ever, which is more than a human can easily comprehend. There's an eterernity of stars and other worlds out there. Don't you think that that's a miracle? Also, Camazotz, the only logical explanation if the world cannot and did not create itself, it that someone or something(s) else did. I believe that there is one true God, and that He is Christ. That's what I believe because I say the Bible is true, every word of it, and He has given me evidence, such as the above example of the universe.

"When life itself seems lunatic, who knows where madness lies? To surrender dreams -
-this may be madness; to seek treasure where there is only trash. Too much sanity may be madness! But maddest of all -
-to see life as it is and not as it should be. "
Clawhammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2009, 04:43 PM   #879
Sage
Banned
 
Name: Sage
Join Date: April 21, 2007
Age: 24
Gender: Female
Blog Entries: 10
Default Re: Religion

Quote:
Originally Posted by sorrowsingssoftly View Post
There's hundreds of miracles everywhere. All you have to do is not overlook them and/or take them for granted. For example, let's take the universe. It goes on forever and ever, which is more than a human can easily comprehend. There's an eterernity of stars and other worlds out there. Don't you think that that's a miracle? Also, Camazotz, the only logical explanation if the world cannot and did not create itself, it that someone or something(s) else did. I believe that there is one true God, and that He is Christ. That's what I believe because I say the Bible is true, every word of it, and He has given me evidence, such as the above example of the universe.
Yes, indeed, this absolutely perfect Universe, in which we can observe countless failed solar systems, super novas, desolate wasteland worlds and meteor collisions. And don't tell me Earth is perfect- Not every place even on our own little world is hospitable, take the scortching deserts, ice-peaked mountains and hundreds of instable volcanic areas.

You say the only logical solution is that something created the Universe, but what created that something? You can't justify your theory without proposing a variable (God) that requires no creator in itself, when one could just as easily say the Universe needs no creator. You see the logical fallacy there?

Also, just because you attribute a miracle to a God does not mean that said God is responsible. Countless things we have today would've been considered miracles by ancient people- There are simply some things we do not yet understand, and there is no need to say 'God did it' because that gets us nowhere.
Sage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2009, 12:21 AM   #880
lesher
Member
 
lesher's Forum Picture
 
Name: David
Join Date: April 21, 2009
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Age: 27
Gender: Male
Default Re: Religion

Ermm... You're not answering my question....

DVD-Lesher is who I am, my nickname, myself
lesher is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:46 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright©2000 - 2018
Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 2004 - 2018, VirtualTeen.org