Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old December 7th, 2017, 05:51 AM   #1
teddyxen

Name: Teddy
Default Is my ex stalking me online?

I dated a guy for six months about two years ago and he was very emotionally unstable, he was manipulative and emotionally abusive toward me during our relationship and after our breakup. Now two years later after finding out I've broken up with a nicer guy, he won't leave me alone. He has sent me numerous messages which I have ignored. He has tried to contact me on dating apps. He has been adding all of my friends on Facebook and even messaging one of my very close friends about an elaborate plan he has to get me back(when he knows I would never even talk to him in person and that I've made it very clear he makes me feel unsafe) I blocked him on instagram and he has now created a new profile so that he can access my photos. He sends me messages about how he wants me back and I tell him that he is making me feel very uncomfortable. Is there anything I can do about this like legally or? I'm very confused as to what counts as stalking because I haven't physically seen him in person in months. I'm also worried that I live independently now with roommates. I don't have my family to protect me from him knocking on my door.
teddyxen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 7th, 2017, 08:16 PM   #2
Timd9

Timd9's Forum Picture

Name: Timothy
Default Re: Is my ex stalking me online?

Quote:
Originally Posted by teddyxen View Post
I dated a guy for six months about two years ago and he was very emotionally unstable, he was manipulative and emotionally abusive toward me during our relationship and after our breakup. Now two years later after finding out I've broken up with a nicer guy, he won't leave me alone. He has sent me numerous messages which I have ignored. He has tried to contact me on dating apps. He has been adding all of my friends on Facebook and even messaging one of my very close friends about an elaborate plan he has to get me back(when he knows I would never even talk to him in person and that I've made it very clear he makes me feel unsafe) I blocked him on instagram and he has now created a new profile so that he can access my photos. He sends me messages about how he wants me back and I tell him that he is making me feel very uncomfortable. Is there anything I can do about this like legally or? I'm very confused as to what counts as stalking because I haven't physically seen him in person in months. I'm also worried that I live independently now with roommates. I don't have my family to protect me from him knocking on my door.
That guy sounds crazy, can't you get one of those restraining orders? If so, you should do that. I wish I could help you even more.
Timd9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 7th, 2017, 08:23 PM   #3
BlackParadePixie
Awesome Poster

BlackParadePixie's Forum Picture

Name: Fiona

definitely sounds like he is stalking you. I would save copies of any of his emails or messages and go file a police report...which I am assuming you can do in the UK.

17 - f - Wes Anderson fan

BlackParadePixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 7th, 2017, 08:36 PM   #4
Timd9

Timd9's Forum Picture

Name: Timothy

I could protect you from that creep, just saying.
Timd9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 7th, 2017, 09:01 PM   #5
Adarest

I know in the USA you can get a restraining order, but Pixie is right, to file a report, you need physical evidence to give them. You should try it anyway, since he would be forced to stop.
Adarest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 8th, 2017, 08:45 AM   #6
Stronk Serb
Kebab Remover

Stronk Serb's Forum Picture

Do it, get a restraining order and report him.

Male/Serb nationalist/Centrist Authoritarian /Straight/Heliphobe
"Democracy is a dictatorship of the fools"
-Friedrich von Schiller (1759 1805)
VT's leading expert on Slavology and anything Slavic-related, if you have some questions of Slavic nature, just send me a VM or a PM
Stronk Serb is offline   Reply With Quote