Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old November 22nd, 2010, 08:28 PM   #1
Aceso
Member++

Default Never had cravings?

I was wondering, is it weird that I never have urges to cut. I mean, if I want to stop I just stop. I dont feel the need to cut, I just do it automatically when I had to.
Also, I wondered if your pain tolerance can change, because I used to be able to go almost 3/4 of a centimeter deep without so much as a wince, now I cant do a tiny 1mm cut without it stinging, because I have not cut for 2-4 months.

Are either of these possible?

~
Trying to break free.
Aceso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 22nd, 2010, 10:24 PM   #2
Syvelocin
Ocean Soul

Syvelocin's Forum Picture

Name: Rith
Default Re: Never had cravings?

I don't have daily urges so much as my immediate reaction to saddness and anger is to cut. I'll have random thoughts of cutting for no reason just to feel it again, but it never was a daily dependence for me. You could be the same way, or maybe you just don't lean on it as much and it hasn't become such an addiction that way. I wouldn't really know though.

Pain tolerance definitely can change, for sure. In general and with cutting I've found. If I haven't done it for a couple months, I do notice I feel it more and I'm more nervous, versus when I'm doing it regularly when I can just swipe and not feel it till the morning. It's the same way with normal pain. You can build a tolerance to a pain that is regularly inflicted. I don't really know the science behind that though.

And I'm sorry I didn't build your walls. And I'm sorry I had to go and fall.
And I'm sorry I had the whole thing wrong. Well, I guess I'm the sorriest of all.
And I'm sorry that you are feeling small. And I'm sorry that I'm not used to crawling.
And I'm sorry the writing's on the wall. Well, I guess I'm the sorriest of all.
Syvelocin is offline   Reply With Quote