Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old March 18th, 2010, 10:39 PM   #1
cadaverous_roots

cadaverous_roots's Forum Picture

Default Am I hearing voices??

So I'm a little confused as to whether or not this is considered "hearig voices" or just weird thoughts. I feel as though there are like three me's in my head. One tells me to be impulsive and to harm myself, and drives my mental illnesses, while one is all rational and tries to rationalize against the impulsive one using stuff that the doctors have said like coping mechanisms and reasons not to harm myself. And then i feel like there is just plain me in the middle... sitting there and watching this conversation going on. Is this normal? Because they're all thoughts, but they seem to be coming from different parts of me. Are these considered voices?
cadaverous_roots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 19th, 2010, 12:05 AM   #2
kiki776

kiki776's Forum Picture

Name: haley
Default Re: Am I hearing voices??

idk but i hear voices too
kiki776 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 19th, 2010, 02:35 AM   #3
INFERNO
Awesome Poster

INFERNO's Forum Picture

It's quite subjective but if it sounds like someone with a distinct voice is talking to you, then it would be considered an auditory hallucination but if it's competing thoughts, it probably isn't. I cant help you beyond that because it's what you perceive and only you can know that.

"That is my ambition, to have killed more people, more helpless people, than any man or woman who has ever lived." - Jane Toppan

"There's a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow, it's just a son of a bitch getting there" - Sully Erna of Godsmack
INFERNO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 19th, 2010, 04:16 AM   #4
Ryhanna
Awesome Poster

Ryhanna's Forum Picture

Name: Ryan

Hmm...
it might be merely your mind not shutting up and thinking random things.
But it might be voices.
I honestly have no idea to be honest, I'm sorry. I hope it works out tho

My milkshake brings all the boys to the yard.
Ryhanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 19th, 2010, 10:25 AM   #5
Scarface
Retired Administrator

Scarface's Forum Picture

Name: Ronnie

sometimes i will hear little things said in my head, but hey it could be my conscious

Contact me if you need to talk. I'm always here to help all
you have to do is be honest.

Never Let Go
Act as if it were IMPOSSIBLE to fail.
<3 Mikey
The Need For Speed!

R&G Forever until it turns gray...then it will still thrive
I<3 TheVTStaff
Smart ass #1
Supportive Presence
Scarface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 19th, 2010, 10:16 PM   #6
Brighter.Tomorrow
Awesome Poster

Brighter.Tomorrow's Forum Picture

Name: Tyger Lee

It may be a form of split personality disorder. But it could be nothing. We all have voices that give different sides to each thing we do and or think. You just have to know when it becomes a problem, most people with split personality disorder say it's like at times as if someone else is controlling them.

When faced with Two Choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the Question for you, but because in that Brief Moment when the coin is in the air,
You suddenly know what you are Hoping for.

Natalie says:
"I do not need sexual stimulants, I don't have a penis I can't keep up"
Brighter.Tomorrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 22nd, 2010, 07:09 PM   #7
XxHaViiK
Nice Poster

XxHaViiK's Forum Picture

Name: Desmond

The only things I hear as far as voices is heavy whispering. They just tell me if someone I'm thinking or seeing is innocent or guilty of something wrong. I just ignore the voices because meds never work.

My Kitty just so happens to be my best friend.
XxHaViiK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2010, 09:30 PM   #8
sakuhano

Name: 羽野

Quote:
Originally Posted by cadaverous_roots View Post
So I'm a little confused as to whether or not this is considered "hearig voices" or just weird thoughts. I feel as though there are like three me's in my head. One tells me to be impulsive and to harm myself, and drives my mental illnesses, while one is all rational and tries to rationalize against the impulsive one using stuff that the doctors have said like coping mechanisms and reasons not to harm myself. And then i feel like there is just plain me in the middle... sitting there and watching this conversation going on. Is this normal? Because they're all thoughts, but they seem to be coming from different parts of me. Are these considered voices?
This happens to me often as well. My psychiatrist does call them voices, but I've never thought of them as being voices. I'm diagnosed with severe Bipolar Disorder with psychotic features, if it helps you at all.
sakuhano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2010, 09:40 PM   #9
Torque
Junior Member+

Name: Caleb

You should consider seeing a psychiatrist if you are worried about it. You may end up hurting your self.
Torque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2010, 11:03 AM   #10
Brayden

Name: Brayden

This sounds to me like your 'inner monologue' or your 'stream of consciousness', your view on the world is effected by the mood that you're in and the amount of stress that you feel. So when things are going bad, you're inner voice turns more pessimistic, encourages self-harm behaviour, etc. You then attempt to rationalise against such behaviour, the key word here being rationalise. Someone whose schizophrenic doesn't attempt to rationalise their irrational behaviour, because they view it as rational.

If you're hearing these voices outside of your head, then we perhaps could have a problem. But if all of this is going on internally, I really don't see anything too terribly weird about all of this.

I'm not a medical professional and therefore cannot diagnose what is happening with you.
Brayden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 18th, 2010, 11:23 AM   #11
mizz dramaa

Name: meisha

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxHaViiK View Post
The only things I hear as far as voices is heavy whispering. They just tell me if someone I'm thinking or seeing is innocent or guilty of something wrong. I just ignore the voices because meds never work.
dont wurry i hear voices to wat i usally do is rite it down but i cant controll it itz hard for me then i show the doctor how many tymes i hear voices and it workes their going to put me on sum new meds for it
mizz dramaa is offline   Reply With Quote