Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old August 6th, 2010, 11:12 PM   #1
bellais
Junior Member+

bellais's Forum Picture

Default "your a stupid anorexic"

if you have/had an ED im sure youv been called a stupid anorexic. my sister doesnt understand it she thinks the only reason i dont eat is to be skinny. shes says i ruined the family and to suck it up and get on with my life. all i wanted to say to her is fuck you
bellais is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 6th, 2010, 11:33 PM   #2
Kaya
Awesome Poster

Kaya's Forum Picture

Name: Kayla
Default Re: "your a stupid anorexic"

Well youre not stupid and I doubt you ruined your family. PM me if you wanna talk. <3

Brandon is my VT brother
Kaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 7th, 2010, 01:53 AM   #3
dbrkk

dbrkk's Forum Picture

Name: Derek

Yup, I've been called that too. Unfortunately, this is one of those things that unless you've been through it, you can't understand. So I wouldnt expect your sister to understand your ED. Being anorexic doesn't make you stupid either...in fact, they're usually some of the smartest and even most successful people. I don't blame you for wanting to tell that to your sister..
dbrkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 7th, 2010, 03:56 AM   #4
georgiamay
Awesome Poster

georgiamay's Forum Picture

Name: Georgia

hun, you're not stupid. People that say this don't understand. I doubt your ED has ruined your family, because they're your family, so they want to help you. They want to help. Try talking to them about it, and try and get them to understand.

PM me if you ever need to talk
georgiamay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 7th, 2010, 04:06 AM   #5
Azunite
As-You-Knight

Azunite's Forum Picture

Name: Cengiz Fyodor di Venezia Formanggiani del Toro el Castille von Schnautzenbergen

So I finally look on google and learn what is anorexic.
What YOU eat is YOUR concern. If you are stupid, then it is because you listen to them and get upset eh?

Azunite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 7th, 2010, 01:20 PM   #6
karl
Awesome Poster

Name: Karl

There's a lovely story in today's English paper 'The Sun' about a girl of 16 who was given 3 days to live and told she would never have children. She weighed around 4 st. Her parents had her sectioned under the Mental Health Act. She was forcibly fed, and made a complete recovery. She's 28 now and the proud mother of a lovely baby boy. It's a terribly serious illness and anyone suffering it needs our full unconditional support.
karl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 7th, 2010, 02:51 PM   #7
misery_business
Banned

Name: Laura

Life with an ED is always hard hun You are not stupid, they just don't understand Don't pay attention to them, don't let them tear you down, talk about it with your family and teach them about it maybe ? help them understand!
misery_business is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 7th, 2010, 03:20 PM   #8
bellais
Junior Member+

bellais's Forum Picture

thanks for all the support my family think im stupid but they just dont get it. my parents are very old school italian and they say im ruining the family's reputation my sister is only a year older so i thought she would be the most understanding but shes the least understanding
Old August 7th, 2010, 03:35 PM   #9
misery_business
Banned

Name: Laura

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellais View Post
thanks for all the support my family think im stupid but they just dont get it. my parents are very old school italian and they say im ruining the family's reputation my sister is only a year older so i thought she would be the most understanding but shes the least understanding
well not when your familys not there for you here's your other family on vt to support you

aaww that sounds so awsome LOL
misery_business is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 7th, 2010, 05:19 PM   #10
Azunite
As-You-Knight

Azunite's Forum Picture

Name: Cengiz Fyodor di Venezia Formanggiani del Toro el Castille von Schnautzenbergen

Dear misery that's the best thing you said lol, seriously!
VT is a family away from family!

Azunite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 10th, 2010, 04:58 AM   #11
smoothietime

Name: Andrew

Um I don't get it are you just not hungry? Because if you are hungry and not eating even though you are physically fit then yes what it comes down to is stop being a brat and eat your fucking meal. BUT I do not believe that is the case with anorexics. I was just wondering.

P.S. When you use literally no grammar, punctuation, or capitalization, it makes it much harder for me to believe you aren't a "stupid anorexic"... Like c'mon it's you're not your... I don't own a stupid anorexic...
smoothietime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 10th, 2010, 05:50 AM   #12
Sith Lord 13
The Force

Sith Lord 13's Forum Picture

Name: Alex

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoothietime View Post
Um I don't get it are you just not hungry? Because if you are hungry and not eating even though you are physically fit then yes what it comes down to is stop being a brat and eat your fucking meal. BUT I do not believe that is the case with anorexics. I was just wondering.

P.S. When you use literally no grammar, punctuation, or capitalization, it makes it much harder for me to believe you aren't a "stupid anorexic"... Like c'mon it's you're not your... I don't own a stupid anorexic...
Wow. Insensitive much? Anorexia is a serious issue. You clearly have no idea what it's like to have an eating disorder. To even think of calling anyone who has anorexia a brat is blatantly ridiculous. Especially since the people on this site are working to overcome it. Once you're anorexic it's not as simple as sitting down at the table and eating. The idea of eating makes you feel sick. Physically forcing food down your throat will make you physically ill. It's not a matter of hunger. It's a matter of "I can't make myself eat."

PS Saying what you said and then saying "Oh I don't believe that" is not sufficient. If you really want to understand anorexia, make your own thread and ask politely for people to explain it. Don't say things like "stop being a brat" even if you are gonna put your little disclaimer on it.

PPS The first post was intelligible. This is the psych ward, we don't need grammar nazis here. And it's certainly no reason to imply someone may be a "stupid anorexic". When people post here, they're often upset, and grammar isn't the first thing on their mind. When someone says someone is a stupid anorexic, it belittles the condition, saying that if an anorexic wanted to, all they'd have to do is eat, like it's real easy. It's not. It's a battle. Being anorexic has nothing to do with intelligence, and all with how you feel about yourself.

If you ever need to talk, you can PM me. I can't promise I'll solve your problem but I'll do my best to help.
"You're all clear kid. Now let's blow this thing and go home!" - Han Solo
Awesome People: Country-Cowgirl, Goose, RodeoGirl, Maliza, ShatteredWings Thanks to Kaius for the awesome sig.
Puppy <3 Kitty
http://i853.photobucket.com/albums/ab93/Kaius10/Alex-1.png
~Kyle Was Here, and Was Awesome~
Sith Lord 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 10th, 2010, 04:20 PM   #13
smoothietime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sith Lord 13 View Post
Wow. Insensitive much? Anorexia is a serious issue. You clearly have no idea what it's like to have an eating disorder. To even think of calling anyone who has anorexia a brat is blatantly ridiculous. Especially since the people on this site are working to overcome it. Once you're anorexic it's not as simple as sitting down at the table and eating. The idea of eating makes you feel sick. Physically forcing food down your throat will make you physically ill. It's not a matter of hunger. It's a matter of "I can't make myself eat."

PS Saying what you said and then saying "Oh I don't believe that" is not sufficient. If you really want to understand anorexia, make your own thread and ask politely for people to explain it. Don't say things like "stop being a brat" even if you are gonna put your little disclaimer on it.

PPS The first post was intelligible. This is the psych ward, we don't need grammar nazis here. And it's certainly no reason to imply someone may be a "stupid anorexic". When people post here, they're often upset, and grammar isn't the first thing on their mind. When someone says someone is a stupid anorexic, it belittles the condition, saying that if an anorexic wanted to, all they'd have to do is eat, like it's real easy. It's not. It's a battle. Being anorexic has nothing to do with intelligence, and all with how you feel about yourself.
Haha ok... I said I don't know how it feels to be anorexic so I was asking if you physically can't eat or if it is a choice. I didn't call any one a brat... Ever heard of a hypothetical? Seriously it must suck misunderstanding things then making a big deal about them as if I have offended some one... I said that I don't know if what I said is the case and I never insulted anyone so seriously get less angry.

Also, all I'm saying is if you are going to start a thread questioning your intelligence, it might make it easier for some one to be on your side when you use grammar that is taught in 1st grade...
Old August 10th, 2010, 07:36 PM   #14
Nexus

Nexus's Forum Picture

Name: Jordan

Quote:
Haha ok... I said I don't know how it feels to be anorexic so I was asking if you physically can't eat or if it is a choice. I didn't call any one a brat... Ever heard of a hypothetical? Seriously it must suck misunderstanding things then making a big deal about them as if I have offended some one... I said that I don't know if what I said is the case and I never insulted anyone so seriously get less angry.

Also, all I'm saying is if you are going to start a thread questioning your intelligence, it might make it easier for some one to be on your side when you use grammar that is taught in 1st grade...
You sure as hell must think pretty damn high of yourself if you have to tell people how they should have to talk to you. If you can understand what they're saying then that's all that's necessary. Nit-picking people's grammar and spelling only makes you look like a overly fixated simpleton.

P.S. You might want to form a sentence with proper punctuation before calling other people out.

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.
Nexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 10th, 2010, 09:43 PM   #15
smoothietime

Okay. This is what I have learned from being on this site for one day.
Rule #1 No constructive criticism allowed
Rule #2 Don't ask a question you don't know the answer to already
Rule #3 If you try to help some one out or point out a flaw you clearly consider yourself a god and are just bashing them.

Thanks Guyz! Love the site!
Old August 10th, 2010, 10:25 PM   #16
Nexus

Nexus's Forum Picture

Name: Jordan

There's nothing wrong with sharing your opinion and/or giving constructive criticism. The problem with with you is that your posts come off as condescending and demeaning.

If you insist on correcting someone's spelling/grammar, why do it in their thread, publicly embarrassing them?

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.
Nexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 10th, 2010, 11:00 PM   #17
welcome_to_chaos
Member++

welcome_to_chaos's Forum Picture

Name: Ray

may i also remind u guys that fighting is not alowed on here eather?

<---- RANDOM PENGUIN!!!!

thx aaron for the sig

Goose- I am a mod now!
Goose-*looks down pants*
welcome_to_chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 10th, 2010, 11:03 PM   #18
The Batman
Banned

Name: Thomdam

Quote:
Okay. This is what I have learned from being on this site for one day.
Rule #1 No constructive criticism allowed
Rule #2 Don't ask a question you don't know the answer to already
Rule #3 If you try to help some one out or point out a flaw you clearly consider yourself a god and are just bashing them.

Thanks Guyz! Love the site!
The way you posted was insensitive and it could hurt a lot of members. If you don't understand a problem someone is going through then educate yourself before posting because one thing that VT will not tolerate is any kind of bashing in the psych ward so let this be a warning. So could we all please get back on the topic? Also if you want to continue this send me a pm.
The Batman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2010, 08:39 PM   #19
bellais
Junior Member+

bellais's Forum Picture

Quote:

first off what you said is really hurtful not only to me but anyone else who reads it second of all when im talking about an issue and a serious one grammar is the last thing on my mind
Old August 14th, 2010, 01:12 PM   #20
Triceratops
VT Lover

The same old pig-ignorance from idiots who assume that anorexia is some kind of specific diet plan or body type? Yes, you'll get that a lot.

Eating disorders such as anorexia and bulimia are all about the control and obsession over what an individual puts into their body or how much they might weigh. When feeling as if they're "out of control" will lead to further and more dangerous methods to gain this control back like, for example, restricting their calorie intake to an even lower amount. It gets worse and worse. It can, most definitely, have a serious impact on others around you as well, but it isn't your fault since an eating disorder is a mental illness which will force you to have this warped mindset over food and weight. You haven't chose to have this. However - by the looks of this situation - your sister knows absolutely nothing, so you're best off seeking help and support from someone who is willing to understand your perspective (whether that be another close friend, family member or a therapist).

"I can't judge any of you. I have no malice against you and no ribbons for you. But I think that it is high time that you all start looking at yourselves, and judging the lie that you live in." ~ Charles Manson
Triceratops is offline   Reply With Quote