Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Closed Thread

Old January 27th, 2010, 03:10 PM   #1
Nelson
Great Poster

Default Maybe im Bipolar, Maybe im not

Ok, im not good at expressing myself usually, but here goes

Recently i broke up with my first boyfriend, i felt so good when i was with him, then when we broke up i went into a depressive slump, the next night i was laughing and talking with my bffl until she mentioned somthing that reminded me of him, so i cried and such, a week later i came home, and i was so bored, lethargic and just didnt want to do anything, dad took me out to dinner and me and him were laughing, the next day me and him went ot the city, he told me to shut up so many times, supposedly i was talking constantly (maybe i was, i dont really remember), then i speak to my ex-boyfriend and i go back to depressed, tonight i felt confident, too confident, taking topless pics (unusual for me), ive under and overslept and felt normal

Could i be bipolar or am i just messed up :/

-Life is not measured by how many breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.-
Old January 27th, 2010, 03:19 PM   #2
Obscene Eyedeas
Awesome Poster

Default Re: Maybe im Bipolar, Maybe im not

I doubt its bipolar. you are just getting over a bad break up. you may exhibit some symptoms but your moods are influenced by the events around you and many teens have hectic sleeping patterns.

if you are really worried about this though you should seek professional advice but try and avoid self diagnosis

A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything. ~ Friedrich Nietzsche

I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours. ~ Stephen F. Roberts
Old January 27th, 2010, 03:23 PM   #3
Nelson
Great Poster

Hmmm, i should but there are no decent mental health doctors here (not racist but i prefer Australian doctors).. but ive been like this before the breakup, ive been like this since my mum took my dad to court for custody.

-Life is not measured by how many breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.-
Old January 27th, 2010, 03:26 PM   #4
Obscene Eyedeas
Awesome Poster

You should look at the thread on bipolar symptoms tbh i dont think you are but if you want more help pm me i have more info on this subject

A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything. ~ Friedrich Nietzsche

I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours. ~ Stephen F. Roberts
Old January 27th, 2010, 03:28 PM   #5
Nelson
Great Poster

I looked at the symptoms and done a bipolar questionare on the BipolarAustralia website, that also said yes.... ::worried::

Old January 27th, 2010, 04:03 PM   #6
Obscene Eyedeas
Awesome Poster

Self diagnosis and online quizzes are not 100 percnt accurate. you should see a professional about your concerns

Old January 30th, 2010, 04:30 AM   #7
Zephyr
Retired Administrator

Zephyr's Forum Picture

Name: Steph

You should never self diagnose. Bipolar is the most misdiagnosed mental illnesses. With Bipolar Disorder, mood swings can be triggered by stress or other happenings, but for the most part they arn't triggered.

From what you've said, it looks like it's just typical break-up blues. You're fine one moment, then you're reminded of them and you feel depressed.

If you really arn't sure about it though, then I suggest that you first talk to your parents about it, and if they seem to think that it may be the case, continue to make an appointment with a psychiatrist or even your family doctor.

So if you care to find me, look to the western sky.
As someone told me lately, everyone deserves a chance to fly.

✯ Alis Volat Propriis ✯
Old January 30th, 2010, 06:38 AM   #8
Nelson
Great Poster

Thanks Epiphany.. my dads bipolar, and i have an appointment with my doctor for next week. ill find out then

Old January 30th, 2010, 07:45 AM   #9
Hyper
VT Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epiphany View Post
You should never self diagnose. Bipolar is the most misdiagnosed mental illnesses. With Bipolar Disorder, mood swings can be triggered by stress or other happenings, but for the most part they arn't triggered.

From what you've said, it looks like it's just typical break-up blues. You're fine one moment, then you're reminded of them and you feel depressed.

If you really arn't sure about it though, then I suggest that you first talk to your parents about it, and if they seem to think that it may be the case, continue to make an appointment with a psychiatrist or even your family doctor.
Beaten by the expert

Well risk for all serious psychological problems is increased if it runs in the family

But what you described sounds quite typical for a situation like that.. (At least to me)

I'm tough, rough, ready and able
To pick myself up from under this table
Don't stick no sign on me, I got no label
I'm a little sick, unsure, unsound and unstable

But I'm fighting my way back
Old January 30th, 2010, 08:35 AM   #10
Nelson
Great Poster

Hmmm, ive considered that, but i notice it evenn when im not goin through stuff

Old July 3rd, 2010, 12:07 AM   #11
ForgetMeNot
Junior Member+

ForgetMeNot's Forum Picture

Name: Gabrielle

I agree with everyone else, go get it checked and it is very misdiagnosed. So check it before you think you are, if it's not that it could be break up blues or it could be a form of depression. Just get a psychiatrist to look at you and talk with you.
Old July 3rd, 2010, 12:40 AM   #12
Kaius
Banned

Name: Aaron

Please don't bump old threads
Closed Thread