Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old June 20th, 2010, 01:15 PM   #1
[[chickaroo92]]
Awesome Poster

[[chickaroo92]]'s Forum Picture

Name: Chaii
Default *GAWSH* Am I the only one who does this?!

I still cry over my Grandmother, or have dreams of her funeral. She died like a very long time ago. Is that even normal anymore? I mean, I do see a psychologist, but the first two weeks from my Grandmother's death, I basically requested that we DON'T talk about my Grandmother, otherwise feelings will just pour right out. Ever since then, I just would have random crying sesssions, or go on to dream about her. Usually, I don't remember what the dreams are normally about, but I just remember seeing my Grandma in them >.< What can/ should I do about this?
Like, I want to remember good stuff about her, not the bad stuff, meaning her funeral, the day she passed away, etc. I'm just afraid that whenever I do try to remember her, I automatically have flashbacks of the funeral, and it's just so f&^%$*^ annoying.
[[chickaroo92]] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 20th, 2010, 01:19 PM   #2
Kaius
Banned

Name: Aaron
Default Re: *GAWSH* Am I the only one who does this?!

You're not the only one. Honestly, its part of the grieving process. What i found helped me was finding some old photos and home movies on the good times. Sure i broke down watching them, but at least it stops you from focusing on the bad times and memories. It's been a few years since a lot of people close to me passed away, and not a day goes by I don't think of them. The bad memories won't go away, nor will the pain. But it will slowly fade into the background a little more and you'll be able to focus more on the good memories. If you need to talk you know where i am
Kaius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 20th, 2010, 01:30 PM   #3
[[chickaroo92]]
Awesome Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaius View Post
You're not the only one. Honestly, its part of the grieving process. What i found helped me was finding some old photos and home movies on the good times. Sure i broke down watching them, but at least it stops you from focusing on the bad times and memories. It's been a few years since a lot of people close to me passed away, and not a day goes by I don't think of them. The bad memories won't go away, nor will the pain. But it will slowly fade into the background a little more and you'll be able to focus more on the good memories. If you need to talk you know where i am
Thanks, I appreciate your moral Support
I mean, I have other relatives who did pass away, like my Grandfather, etc. But for some reason, I don't have any more grief for him, just only for my Grandma, which is extremely interesting. I guess it was because we were super close.
Old June 25th, 2010, 05:40 AM   #4
Stallion

Stallion's Forum Picture

i have the exact same things happen to me about my grandfathers funeral and it isnt nice but as time goes on they start to become less and you start to get less sad and think about the good times but it just takes alot of time to sink in you will get there soon

Love meeting new people ... Message me would love to talk.... Open with anything and everything
Stallion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2010, 05:45 AM   #5
The Redlight Bandit

The Redlight Bandit's Forum Picture

Name: Jay

I wake up everyday with the same emotions, feelings, & flashbacks for my grandmother who passed away in March 2009, that you've experienced. I hate that this is what I have to remember her by, but it's all that I've got. Good Luck to you, & if you ever need to talk, hit me up.

'The Redlight Bandit'
The Redlight Bandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2010, 11:29 PM   #6
[[chickaroo92]]
Awesome Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy O'Sullivan View Post
I wake up everyday with the same emotions, feelings, & flashbacks for my grandmother who passed away in March 2009, that you've experienced. I hate that this is what I have to remember her by, but it's all that I've got. Good Luck to you, & if you ever need to talk, hit me up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stallion
i have the exact same things happen to me about my grandfathers funeral and it isnt nice but as time goes on they start to become less and you start to get less sad and think about the good times but it just takes alot of time to sink in you will get there soon
Thank-you, both.
Old July 1st, 2010, 01:51 AM   #7
Teardrop Harmony

Name: Taylin

you never get over death, and when people say time is a healer it isn't, all you do is learn to go on. it is hard loosing people, and the grieving process is so much harder. it isn't stupid or silly that you still cry. i cry everynight over the people that i have lost. it hurts and it always will but you learn that pain is what makes you stronger. and right i bet it probab;ly seems that you are taking forever to get over it. but truth is you won't ever get over it. i have never got over the death of my brother and that was 4 years ago. and it is often hard to remember the good stuff about the persons life over the bad stuff that happened when you lost them and the funeral.
i think possibly the reason you have trouble remebering the great things about the person is because you have to work back in time, and each memory is like an obstacle you have to conquer. if you think about the funeral and the death then it means you just have to work back further. and it isnt easy i know that much.
don't worry about it. crying and crying and crying, is actually good because it is a realease for emotion and though it is a horrible one it is also one of the safest.
stay strong.
yours

the steeper the mountain the harder the climb the better the veiw from the finishing line
Teardrop Harmony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 2nd, 2010, 03:06 PM   #8
[[chickaroo92]]
Awesome Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teardrop Harmony View Post
you never get over death, and when people say time is a healer it isn't, all you do is learn to go on. it is hard loosing people, and the grieving process is so much harder. it isn't stupid or silly that you still cry. i cry everynight over the people that i have lost. it hurts and it always will but you learn that pain is what makes you stronger. and right i bet it probab;ly seems that you are taking forever to get over it. but truth is you won't ever get over it. i have never got over the death of my brother and that was 4 years ago. and it is often hard to remember the good stuff about the persons life over the bad stuff that happened when you lost them and the funeral.
i think possibly the reason you have trouble remebering the great things about the person is because you have to work back in time, and each memory is like an obstacle you have to conquer. if you think about the funeral and the death then it means you just have to work back further. and it isnt easy i know that much.
don't worry about it. crying and crying and crying, is actually good because it is a realease for emotion and though it is a horrible one it is also one of the safest.
stay strong.
yours
Yeah... I never really liked obstacles, but you are right. In order to get to the good stuff, you have to fight the bad.
Thank-you.