Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old February 27th, 2005, 07:18 PM   #1
suicidescholar
Junior Member+

Default Is this an Eating Disorder or Just being a glutton lazy pig?

I hate food but when i get depressed i eat. When i eat i can't stop. I look like a fat cow, and everyone says you look fine. I don't feel fine! What should i do to lose weight? I am 5 foot 9 inches, and 287 LBS. I have tried everything. Would this be a disroder or just a glutton habit? Please help me!
suicidescholar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 28th, 2005, 05:42 PM   #2
Shaolin
Awesome Poster

Eating disorders are far more complex than eating to feel happy while depressed, that's called 'comfort eating'. Although comfort eating is a huge aspect of eating disorders, its usually a chronic problem, where eats too much or too little because of a distorted body image, low self confidence and entrenched eating routines stemming probably from some kind of childhood trauma.

Whow....Anyway if you suspect you have a serious problem when it comes to eating, or your mind in general, you should consult a professional.

If anyone wants immediate advice don\'t hestitate to contact to me on AIM (AOL instant messenger) - aim: vodkasmodka

Eccentric! Not egocentric!
Shaolin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 28th, 2005, 06:14 PM   #3
suicidescholar
Junior Member+

IVE tried they all same that when i turn 15 i will be better, but they never tell me the cause. Sop would my case be an eating disorder or a depression thing?
suicidescholar is offline   Reply With Quote