Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old June 7th, 2010, 09:00 PM   #1
LiTTleBrok3nDolly

LiTTleBrok3nDolly's Forum Picture

Question I might have OCD??

Okay so i have these "obsessions" or "compulsions" i dont really know what, im not diagnosed with it, but may i [I]might[U] have it?

1) washing my hands for 15 min and washing my fingers separately
2)ive stopped myself (hard to though [I]very[I] hard) from closing doors, if a door is slightly open i open it wide and close it and if it was already closed i would re-close it
3) wash down my computer, mouse, tv, lamp, dresser, desk , and accessories aka cellphone, fish takn (outside) picture holder, mouse pad any cleanable spot at least 5 times
4) i NEED to have my pillows set a certain way on my bed, perfectly even, blanket at foot neatly folded, no wrinkles, no side longer than the other, no cat hairs
5) ive stopped, it was very hard but i stopped taking showers two times a day, i never thought my hair was clean enough for a day so i would take a shower in the morning, and then at night
6) my room make me claustrophobic so i stay out as much as possible, which makes crud build up and messy, i ignore it cause its overwhelming and to much to think about although it NEEDS to be clean, when i start to clean i get migraines, panic attacks, and get dizzy and emotionally torn down.
7) (sorta ties with 4) i NEED accessories for my bed, i have to many pillows and blankets i dont use, but i put them...on my bed...but then i have to many but then i need them to be on my bed cause theyre mine and i like them, so i start to get a migraine (again), lets just say its stupid of me
8)the fridge is not exactly organized, although i dont wanna stress out my parents by making everything in order, i try not to look inside it or the freezer. Should i go ahead and organize it and disinfect it 5 times? Or leave it be and just not look at it?
9) whenever i watch a movie i have to watch it a certain number of times, and i ALWAYS get involved in it and i never notice it, like the new movie Alice in Wonderland, i watched it four times the night i got it and i was obsessed with it, i had to think about it for a week, and pretend i was in wonderland and that everything that was happening wasnt real, i even have the disney wonderland bag on my wall as a "poster"

so ill stop there but i try sooooooooooooooo hard to stop all of it and i tend to fail, do i have OCD? or just symptons of it? if i did have it, what would be worse for me to have it? pls help!!
LiTTleBrok3nDolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 7th, 2010, 11:11 PM   #2
Taylorxbox
Member++

Taylorxbox's Forum Picture

Name: Taylor
Default Re: I might have OCD??

Well, it is hard to tell already, but yes, it sounds like you MAY have OCD.

Organizing isnt a bad thing, it can just get very bad when your brain takes over.

I used to have a problem just like yours. I would always have to shut doors perfectly when they were open, and when I touched something, I would have to go back and touch it 3 more times (i dont know why?.) It finally went away but I still get the urge to do it again about once every few months.

My sister is also like this, but we are working to try and stop her from doing it.

I would suggest going to see a physiatrist or something in that area to try and work with it. It can be stopped before it gets to bad.

2014 Shelby GT500 Cobra 2013 Polaris Assault 800 Snowmobile.. TERRAIN DOMINATION = My Babies
Taylorxbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 8th, 2010, 02:30 AM   #3
INFERNO
Awesome Poster

INFERNO's Forum Picture

Doing repetitive behaviours don't automatically make it OCD, it depends on issues such as why you're doing them. For the cleaning, one could say you are focused on cleanliness but have to see why you are.

"That is my ambition, to have killed more people, more helpless people, than any man or woman who has ever lived." - Jane Toppan

"There's a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow, it's just a son of a bitch getting there" - Sully Erna of Godsmack
INFERNO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 8th, 2010, 02:41 AM   #4
chrissm
Banned

Name: Chris

It sounds to me as if you do have OCD, the hand washing sounds very typical. This in itself can become very disruptive as it is can cause you to miss lesson time at school etc as a result of the time it takes to wash your hands.

I dont know how your medical system works in Oregon, if you were in the UK your best course of action would be to talk to your family doctor first of all, they would then refer you on for counselling if they thought this was appropriate.
chrissm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 8th, 2010, 04:46 PM   #5
1_21Guns
Val's bitch. ;)

1_21Guns's Forum Picture

Name: Natalie

go to the doctors, because if those behaviors start taking over your life, it's going to get silly.
you might have OCD, or just set ways of doing things.

1_21Guns is offline   Reply With Quote