Old May 17th, 2010, 04:53 PM   #1
1_21Guns
Val's bitch. ;)

1_21Guns's Forum Picture

Name: Natalie
Default I just feel fat.

I'm clearly not.
But I feel fat.
I keep getting the idea of me having an eating dissorder over the summer in my head.
I keep wanting to not eat at all, yet I keep giving in, then I feel like a failure for not doing what I told myself.
I keep thinking about pretending to eat but actually throwing it away secretly.
To me, my tummy just looks fat. How that's possible, i'll never understand, I weigh like 7 st 1 or something.
I even have a habit of weighing myself before I get into the shower everyday.
I feel fat and ugly, and I think there's something seriously wrong with me, or there will be in 2 months.
Ugh...

1_21Guns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2010, 05:04 PM   #2
xXWatEvsXxXx
Junior Member+

Default Re: I just feel fat.

dont convince yourself that there is something wrong with you, or there WILL eventually be something wrong with you.
I have that same problem. i used to run 5-7 miles a day because i wanted to be more fit. But with the new excercise habit (which wasnt the healthiest desicion in my life) i would eat twice the amount i used to. dont worry to much about your eating,. it sounds like your snacking alot, maybe to help with your mental image cut back on some of the snacking, ask your parents to buy less food so your tempted by less food.
and the whole thing with weighing yourself everyday, move the scale away from your shower. your always going to wheigh near the same thing, you might as well throw it out. getting rid of the scale could do your disorder/slowly forming disorder good.
best of luck! dont do anything stupid :]
xXWatEvsXxXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2010, 05:26 PM   #3
Haven

Haven's Forum Picture

Name: Wayne :D

I'm glad that even though you feel fat, you have the ability that a lot of us don't - which is (at least how I read it, I might be wrong) admitting that clearly you're not fat by any means. But this doesn't at all detract from the idea that you're feeling fat, which is an overall problem. It's hard to get out of a mindset that we're bigger than we really are, but all in all it's something that we have to do. Realize that you're not fat, realize that you're beautiful just the way you are. Sure it's going to be hard as everything to admit to ourselves that we're not perfect, but you know what? Everyone has flaws. No one is capable of being perfect. And no matter what, we truly make up who we are and how we feel. I'm not sure if that sounds right, but I see things like this as a mind over matter manner. If we wake up in the morning (feeling like P. Diddy. <3) and immediately say that we're atrocious looking, then pretty much our entire day is going to be completely shit filled. However, if we wake up, compliment ourselves on anything, and go on about getting ready, it truly makes a difference.

Gah, I know that sounds corny as everything, but in time we all realize that we gain absolutely nothing by tearing down who we are. There is no positive gain in saying "I'm fat" or "I'm not good enough", because in reality these "negatives" which you might be seeing might very well be a positive for someone else. Rather trying to fill a figure of someone else or something idea, try to fill the figure you want. A figure you feel comfortable fitting, but by all means do it in a healthy, natural way. Destroying out eating habits get us no where. We end up tearing apart our insides - whether it be our esophagus from bulimia, or our stomach from anorexia. There is no positive side to limiting the eating which we do. There is, however, a positive that comes from eating. With eating, you allow yourself to live. Your body to prosper, and the inside organs and all to function normally and healthily. You give yourself energy, and trust me... you look far better now than you will ever look if you go down the path of an eating disorder.

No one is ever going to label you a failure for doing something that's natural, for doing something that everyone in the world needs to do. No one is ever going to think you're strange, weird, or distorted from eating the right food either. As a generation, we've grown up on potentially the most unhealthy foods to ever exist in this world. During our youth, we somewhere along the line lost this idea of healthy eating. We've committed ourselves to things such as McDonalds, Chips, Chocolate, and all of these other foods packed with unnutritious additions. Somewhere along the line, however, it's necessary to try and pick apart what's right and what's wrong. My teacher in ninth grade once told us that the healthier we eat, the better we begin to feel about ourselves. While I'm not entirely sure this is true (mainly because I haven't gotten to that stage ), I did notice a difference between when I ate poor foods and when I attempted to eat something better. So, in summary, don't worry about what other people think about you eating. All that matters is you, you eating what's right for you, and you getting every bit of nutrition that helps you function. Stay away from fats and oils and bad cholesterol, and stick to vegetables, fruits, and whole wheat products.

Your stomach looks fat? Hun, this is something that can be solved a lot easier than altering your eating habits and trembling down a extremely hard, rough path. If you feel your stomach isn't up to par, don't try to cut out food. That'll only deteriorate the muscle around your stomach and in other areas of your body. What you want to do is work up those muscles through crunches, sit ups, cardio, anything. Sure it might take some extra time and commitment, but in the end of everything, this is surely what's going to help you more in the long run. Not only will you gain muscle, but your stomach will no longer look flabby or unattractive. There's multiple ways of attacking issues like this, and if sit ups aren't your thing, try going swimming or doing something with a friend. Ah, two is better than one and having a friend to work out with might make this all that much easier.

"I even have a habit of weighing myself before I get into the shower everyday." Weight fluctuates so terribly easily it's not even funny. From the amount of liquids we take in, to the amount of "waste" (or poop, for a better term) that's being stored in our body currently. Water weight is a common thing that has an effect on how much we weigh. Some people can lose a whole pound or two sometimes strictly by going to the bathroom. To be honest, weight is never going to be a really good determiner of how you look. Weight is a number that defines nothing about our body, yet we tend to focus on it far too much. What truly matters is how people and most importantly ourselves perceive what we look like. Rather than focusing on a silly number on the scale, focus on trying to get abs. Trying to gain muscle, and trying to eat healthier food.

I know I'm not all that big of a help, but I'll be here every step of the way for you if you would like me to be. When I was going through problems like these, I only wish I had had someone there to talk to. Someone to rant to, and just someone to talk to even if it was unrelated. If you ever need me, I'll be here <3

Did I waste too much time, did you make up your mind?

Last edited by Haven; May 17th, 2010 at 05:31 PM.
Haven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2010, 07:20 PM   #4
screamtobeheard
Great Poster

screamtobeheard's Forum Picture

Name: Amanda

I know exactly what you mean. Everyone tells you you're not fat. But you just can't get over the idea that you feel like you are and that's all that matters. What you see is all you can really comprehend for some reason.

You just have to understand that you're beautiful the way you are. And you're not fat, no matter what you feel or see. It's hard but just try to stay strong against it.

If you want to talk about it, I feel the exact same way you do. So feel free to pm me.
screamtobeheard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2010, 09:01 PM   #5
XxskatergirlxX

XxskatergirlxX's Forum Picture

Name: Montana :)

your not fat

Never regret something that once made you smile
XxskatergirlxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2010, 07:49 AM   #6
Patchy
Former G-Mod

Patchy's Forum Picture

From your DP I can certainly see your not fat/ugly, so it doesn't look like you are to others hun.

You need to eat something hun, perhaps try some healthier alternatives, like even a banana or a apple etc. that will fill you up but at the same time you won't gain any weight.

Just don't stop eating, you may feel thats the only way to make you stop thinking your overweight but its not, you just need to eat healthier alternatives in small doses.

I hope this helps, keep us updated.

- Patrick
(The Ginger Scot!)

~Laura was here~
Patchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2010, 01:34 PM   #7
1_21Guns
Val's bitch. ;)

1_21Guns's Forum Picture

thanks everyone.

Old May 18th, 2010, 05:58 PM   #8
Ryhanna
Awesome Poster

Ryhanna's Forum Picture

Name: Ryan

Hey natalie,

try to keep telling yourself that your not fat, put yourself in the opposite state of mind to what you are now. You'd be suprised how much your mind lies to you. You just have to make it tell the truth lol

good luck, and by the way....

You are SO NOT fat! Lol there I started helping you think positivley.

My milkshake brings all the boys to the yard.
Ryhanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2010, 01:38 AM   #9
1_21Guns
Val's bitch. ;)

1_21Guns's Forum Picture

thanks Ryan lol.