Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old March 22nd, 2010, 08:47 PM   #1
Baudelaire
Banned

Baudelaire's Forum Picture

Default My little sister

I love her so much but lately she has been very depressed with her self, she used to be thin as a twig but now she is very overweight and I'm not like calling her fat I'm trying to help her but she wont listen, she never eats healthy and she never excersizes, in fact she spends most of her time on the computer, so she dosent get a lot of excersize, so what do I do? I wanna help her because I hate seeing her this way and I'm afraid she might develop bulimia or something, advice?
Baudelaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 22nd, 2010, 10:59 PM   #2
Asylum
Banned

Name: Songl
Default Re: My little sister

you need to tell an adult your concerns if you want her to get help. we can't do anythign, she needs professional help. talk to your mom, or dad, an adult, docotor anyone. tell them exactly what you posted.
Asylum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 22nd, 2010, 11:13 PM   #3
Peace God
VT Lover

just try not to make her feel bad about it... it might start a serious eating disorder if she becomes very self conscious about it
Peace God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 22nd, 2010, 11:55 PM   #4
Katrina
Member++

Katrina's Forum Picture

Name: Katrina

Though you feel responsible for her well being it is ultimately up to your parents to feed her healthy, and you for that matter. She doesn't care because she does not know yet the consequences of being overweight.Play with her. Wrestle, run around outside, play simon says, red light green light stuff like that. Get her moving. And tell mom, hey look can you buy some fruit instead of twinkies.
Stop trying to take on your moms responsibilities and take that energy and move with your sis. Hope this helps.

Regards
Katrina

Love is a smoke made with the fume of sighs. Being purged, a fire sparkling in lovers eyes. Being vexed, a sea nourished with lovers tears. What is it else? A madness most discreet, a choking gall and a preserving sweet.
Katrina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 23rd, 2010, 07:06 AM   #5
Baudelaire
Banned

Baudelaire's Forum Picture

well my mom does know and my sister wont listen to her either, I mean how do I get through to her? All she does is ignore me, and my mom really dosent buy that much junk but when she does my sister eats it.
Baudelaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2010, 10:57 AM   #6
MysticalBurrito
VT Lover

MysticalBurrito's Forum Picture

Name: Sir Burrito

You could try getting her interested in outdoor activities like tag, basketball, small overnight camping trips, ect. About the junk food, try showing her that healthy food can taste just as good as junk food (knowing we all like it because the salty or sweet taste) if you want to make fruit salads or a salad that has a lot of good looking vegetables in it. You can only encourage her nicely. The rest it up to her.
MysticalBurrito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 3rd, 2010, 01:57 AM   #7
PuppetPrince

PuppetPrince's Forum Picture

Name: Jon Barco

Well ate least you tried talking to her. That would have to be a first. Anyways just get her outdoors or be active. Volunteer work perhaps? lawl. Well, anything from walking the dog or just hanging out at the mall. Think of things to do . And always encourage her and be right by her side. She will obviously need that support and spend time. Anyways As for the food, cant you just cook ? like learn or something if it really bothers you . it's not that hard to make some rice :]
PuppetPrince is offline   Reply With Quote