Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old March 25th, 2010, 03:18 PM   #1
Teardrop Harmony

Name: Taylin
Default my odd eating

ok well firstly you may find this majorily odd but i am a sanguinarian ( it is sed san-gwin-air-rian) and that means i am kind of a human vampire. i crave blood. and i have just started to notice it to be honest. i have thrown up all of the normal food i eat and i have only just quit selfharm, so this is a bit of a messed up situation. i can't seem to keep anything down but liquids. i tried soup and that just makes my throw up. and because i have been trying to avoid blood as much as i can i am feeling really weak, i haven't eaten properly in about three weeks and i feel guilty because my bf is cutting for me as such, i shan't explain. im sorry you lot probably think im sick but that is my life, does any have any adivce
?????
soz if i posted this in the wrong place
Teardrop Harmony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2010, 03:32 PM   #2
AgusCO
Member+

Name: Agustin
Default Re: my odd eating

Isn't that Renfield's Syndrome or something like that? I'm so sure I've talked about it before but I can't remember it well.
I would get professional help.

I know exactly what I want and who I want to be.
I know exactly why I walk and talk like a machine
AgusCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2010, 05:45 PM   #3
Asylum
Banned

Name: Songl

i'd say talk to your doctor about the whole throwing up thing... i odn't throw up uncontrollably.. are you bulemic or have been in the past because that can happen with people who have thrown up a lot...

Last edited by Asylum; March 25th, 2010 at 06:14 PM.
Asylum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2010, 11:14 PM   #4
Katrina
Member++

Katrina's Forum Picture

Name: Katrina

Hemophagia, the consumption of blood (actual, or a desire that persists and is disturbing) is often a sign of a more serious underlying condition.
You can spot one such condition quickly. When you next urinate, wait a few minutes before flushing. If the urine slowly turns to a color that can be mistaken for blood, you have one form of porphyria; if not, you may still have other forms, or some other condition.
Your best bet is to make an appointment with a psychiatrist, who can then proceed with a differential diagnosis, or send you on to an endocrinologist.

If you decide that you absolutely MUST consume blood, you should cook it first. Raw blood will likely make you sick, so it should be mixed equally with water and boiled for at least a minute to prevent vomiting and to kill parasites and pathogens.

Regards
Katrina

Love is a smoke made with the fume of sighs. Being purged, a fire sparkling in lovers eyes. Being vexed, a sea nourished with lovers tears. What is it else? A madness most discreet, a choking gall and a preserving sweet.
Katrina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 26th, 2010, 02:15 PM   #5
Teardrop Harmony

ok thanks x
Old March 26th, 2010, 02:26 PM   #6
Brayden

Name: Brayden

Katrina made a good point with the porphyria, but I would expect other symptoms other than just 'craving blood'. Since the only thing you've described is simply craving blood, I'd think your problem is more psychological as opposed to biological.

Do you have any physical symptoms that seem to go along with it? Specifically, mild sensitivity to light, chronic abdominal pain with occasional severe acute abdominal pain, seizures, or anything else? Psychiatric symptoms is also predominant in porphyria, particularly anxiety and depression.

Regardless, you should definitely start seeing a psychiatrist.
Brayden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 28th, 2010, 07:45 AM   #7
Teardrop Harmony

in reply i am already seeing a psyc due to my bipolar and to be honest i don't get any pains or aches, i just throw up alot like once or twice a day, i don't get depression often only when i drop but this is due to bipolar

the steeper the mountain the harder the climb the better the veiw from the finishing line