Old February 1st, 2010, 08:51 PM   #61
Silverfist64
Nice Poster

Silverfist64's Forum Picture

Name: Kevin
Default Re: Negative Rep guidelines

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainObvious View Post
The problem is your assumptions are faulty. I never care(d) how much rep I have/had, and neither should you or really anyone else.
Dont quote me too much. Im not taking sides and I dont want to get into this whole mess of drama. I was simply stating my opinion on the matter. Nothing I said is 100% true nor correct. It is simply a basis on how im viewing this thread. Besides, I dont get too much into rep either. I like it just like I like my gamerscore and my achievements in the modern warfare series. I was upset with my gamerscore so I worked hard to get it from 6k to over 10k in 2 months. Not to mention im only missing two achievements in both modern warfares. My point? Something may not be important in the real life spectrum or in the needs for the survival of life, but some people care about the little things. The things that make them feel a part of a community. The people with 30 rep are the people who know everybody on here and are the people who "run" the place in a sense. Its the social pyramid and everyone is trying to get on top. And for those people who wont ever get there (me particullary) it gives us a sense of pride and dignity in a forum that says they care about us but in the true aspect of it, dont.

Kevin
"It is hard for an ape to believe he descended from man"
Old February 1st, 2010, 08:55 PM   #62
2D
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloud View Post
how does me telling you that the staff cant be on all the time remotely relate to me running VT?
Well you were moaning about the staff being away
I'm sorry for standing up for the people who aren't here
and I'm sure ant would appreciate me saving him time telling you that he nor the rest of his staff can be online 24/7
Yes, because everyone loves you and appreciates what you do.

Quote:
and tbh I wouldn't really care if i lost rep
the only thing I gain from rep is a lil' competition between like Marcie Stephen or Jessi or whoever else has high rep, its not like I go cry myself to sleep when someone neg reps me
I can get behind that.

Quote:
I sign my rep actually.
You'll notice that the people who don't care sign it.
The ones who do care don't sign it.
Ummm, how would you know who doesn't sign rep, they don't sin it do there's no ID. Ummmm.

Quote:
I don't care if rep goes fun feature but I'm not gonna go all stroppy about it
Word.
Old February 1st, 2010, 08:57 PM   #63
Cloud
Godliest God of all

Name: Calum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motormouth View Post
Ummm, how would you know who doesn't sign rep, they don't sin it do there's no ID. Ummmm.
Because it takes of fuck all points
when i get an unsigned neg rep itll only have taken a few points off
which shows that its the people with the low rep powers whove done
and there generally the people that are bothered by rep

Never in the field of human conflict was so much owed by so many to so few-Winston Churchill
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiction
Oh of course. I so want you now.

~Laura was here~
~Jessi wasn't here but she should have been ~
Old February 1st, 2010, 08:58 PM   #64
Gumleaf
Former Whatever

Gumleaf's Forum Picture

Name: Stephen

just a couple of things:

1) just because the op requests for a thread to be locked, it doesn't mean that they will always be locked. if a moderator deems it to be beneficial for it to stay open, then it may be kept open.

2) for those complaining about the admins, just so you know at least one of them is laid up sick atm and the other one has a full time job to attend to on topof the other things needed to keep vt running. your pm's will be responded to, but you need to be reasonable.

3) to answer the original question, negative rep should be used as a tool to encourage people who offer poor advice to think more carefully before posting next time to offer more beneficial advice. it is not designed to be used as a weapon and if you feel you have been unfairly treated, pm an administrator.

4) vt is a h&a site, but it is also up to you to get along with people. although the staff are here to assist you, it's your responsibility for how you interact with other members. heather was right in saying that if you are unhappy here, then maybe you should find another place where you will be happier if you find yourself feeling like that.

5) due to the fighting in this thread, it will be locked before i'm put into a position to issue infractons to people.

stephen

Always Hawthorn

Hawthorn Football Club

Strong As One

~Laura was here~
~Jessi should have been here~
Closed Thread