Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

View Poll Results: how long have you self mutilated?
just started 3 8.82%
few years 15 44.12%
stopped 8 23.53%
in the process of stopping 8 23.53%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Old December 1st, 2009, 12:39 AM   #1
Asylum
Banned

Name: Songül
Post how to hide cuts for SUMMER

question:

PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!

i have the words love with a heart on my hand... they are really dark red scars. this just happened like a last week. i'm not worried about the other scars (i klnow how to hide them) because i've been a cutter for 5 years... but i'm stopping slowly.. and i know how to hide it. the problem is i have a piano recital coming up. I also have lessons, and school, and ahhh i need help. i do draw on top of it. it can't be hid with braclets and makeup barly hides it i really need a way to hide it. please help. and no gloves are not an option for the piano recital,and long sleeves won't cover this. please don't say i'm skrewed...

how to hide scars

ankle here are tips i've learned ankle scars. i have tons on my ankle. makeup works. so does jeans and ankle braclets. makin hemp bracelts are fun and are stylish. my sister hs similiar scars, but from her bike, so you can also use that excuse. leg warmers

waist for your waste wear tankinis thye are cute. my scars are gone here thank God I had about 30 different scars there. with mederma it went away.

legs good luck just use make up and jeans leg warmers thorn bush excuse also works i have few on my legs this worked for me

neck use scarves in summer if your a guy wear a bandaid you cut yourself shaving... girls well umm hair will cover it i had a few on my neck too... luckily my hair covered it

wrists chunkybracelts, make up also writing on yourself with pen i love writing notes to myself long sleaves, three corder length sleeves and also arm warmers
watches work too
i have tons on my wrist and forearm probably over 50... i don't sugguest carving word in you skin... they are really obvious so good luck if you did wha i did lines are also obvious

back/shoulder wear shirt with sleeves, and perhaps tee shirt with bathing suit

you need to protect your scars.. they get damaged in hte sun soo sunscreen them! also bandaids work.

if you want to get a pedicure of manicure i suggest usin the bandaids to hide them to avoid being talked about and gettting weird looks. (i've received this)

umm lets see.. mederma, shea butter, olive oil, lemon oil, coconut butter, aloe are all very good to scars they make them less noticeable apply 3-4 times a day every day for results. you won't see results for a month or too sooo start applying!!!
Asylum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 1st, 2009, 12:59 AM   #2
BuryYourFlame
Awesome Poster

BuryYourFlame's Forum Picture

Default Re: how to hide cuts for SUMMER

Knowing how to make scars less noticeable is often important for people who self harm or have done so in the past, but it should be noted that it is equally important to try and stop self harming.

Declan
6 years on and I'm still here for some reason.
~Laura was here~
BuryYourFlame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 1st, 2009, 01:36 AM   #3
2D
Banned

Wear some gloves that leave the top two knuckes of your fingers exposed. If the teacher asks why you're wearing them just say it keeps your hands warm so you can play well.
2D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 1st, 2009, 05:19 AM   #4
Sage
Banned

Name: Sage

Protip: Don't get any to begin with.
Sage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 1st, 2009, 07:51 AM   #5
MadManWithaBox
Banned

Name: The Doctor.

If your based in the uk, primark do fairly actually nice long sleeved black and white shirts for £2.59. Arm warmers fairly good too, but I've never used them myself.
MadManWithaBox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 1st, 2009, 11:33 AM   #6
Asylum
Banned

Thank you all for responding. Yes I am stoppng.. I've given everything i have used in the past away and well last week was the first time in 3 weeks. So I'm doing ok... it was just really hard when my great grandmother died, and the rabbi was awful. Hear the thuds of dirt drop on her coffin still haunts me. Plus my parents were fighting a lot, and then my boyfriend took his nager out at me for no reason. Not to mention lots of make up work and I had a 259 page orchestral piano book (that was composed of all 16th and 30 secod notes) (and no it was not similar each line was different with a key change every 4 meassures) so i had that to learn and the concert was the weekend every night. I also missed school pics and was made fun of and ditched by my photography class in a different state on a field trip... I have no friends in this class.. so when the teacher said grab a buddy and go Iwas the only one left, and i couldn't find anyone and had a really bad anxiety attack after getting yelled at by a secruity guard that i coulnd't travel alone. Which brought back more unplesant flashback from middle school (i had no friends and was made fun of) (i would have to help the teacher at reccess time because i was truely alone) also the many death and rape threats i've recieved. and each time my father flips out... sooo i think this time was considered an ok reason for why i had to.. yes i didn't have to... but i broke down..... and now things are ok...well not really... but oh well
Old December 1st, 2009, 12:47 PM   #7
Amyxoxo
Nice Poster

Amyxoxo's Forum Picture

Name: Amy

Im so sorry to hear all of this. You are/were doing so well not cutting so please dont go back. We are here to help you when ever
If you have it on your hands then plasters and fingerless gloves work well. Also foundation. If your in england then bio oil works well but you have to use it a while before it starts to kick in.
Also i think arm warmers look really obvious, especally in the summer, but you can get quite nice gloves.
good luck, take care xx

So she wrote Love on her arms

I've Been, I've saw, I've kicked some ass!
Amyxoxo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 2nd, 2009, 10:38 AM   #8
ihatemylife

You can try jumpers that have thumb holes they tend to cover your hands up to your knuckles. Good luck xx

There's No Light

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/148/4...a3fee6.jpg?v=0

At The End Of My Tunnel
ihatemylife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 14th, 2009, 10:28 PM   #9
Asylum
Banned

thanx guys <3
Old December 17th, 2009, 12:01 PM   #10
Ballin2much
Member++

Ballin2much's Forum Picture

Name: Joe

If I get this, you scared a word on your hand? If so, you could say a tattoo, might not fall for that though. But if it's a word, then you could say just that.

Some want it to happen,
Some wish it would happen,
We make it happen.
Ballin2much is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 17th, 2009, 05:12 PM   #11
Asylum
Banned

yes it is the word love and a heart. that is very true.. scarification is a form of tatooing now hehe.. but i'm a little young to get a tatoo
Old December 19th, 2009, 04:10 PM   #12
theevilgood
Banned

A really good way to hide cutting is to not do it.

But assuming that you are mentally weak enough to let yourself fall into cutting (even I fell there once in my life), my suggestions would be to find an alternative that doesn't leave scarring. Plastic knives bring the pain, but only scrape your skin. Wrist bands and other such accessories are quite popular among those at my school who've fallen.

Although, again, if you're cutting yourself then you should be less worried with hiding it and more worried about what your problem is anyways. Find the heart of whatever it is that makes you upset, and either cleanse it, or rip it out.
theevilgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 20th, 2009, 01:28 AM   #13
Asylum
Banned

Yes not doing it is the obvious answer... but once I made the first cut.. I couldn't stop.. I am not mentally weak.. I don't give into every urge. there has to be extreme or mroe then one problem in my life at a given point when I break.
Wrist bands work for some... but for others just make it worse..
If you get harrassed by scars (perhaps from past cutting) or just cuts or scars in general, that is another issue that will put you in a bad place. I am not saying hide them,.. and dont' get help. It is hard to feel good when people who are strangers are staring at scars and giving you dirty looks, or getting criticised or made fun of. Yes, you are right. We need to solve our problems... but there are soem people who just can't. I have a terrible family problem.. I can't fix it.. I'm willing to last 2 more years.. in this house then break our family apart.. two more years of hell for me. And getting bullied, will keep continuing I can't prevent it...
Old December 27th, 2009, 09:35 AM   #14
sarah newman
Member++

Name: sarah

good tips, thanks. Its very hard to stop though, i dont think i have the strength to stop so i got to hide them. Thanks xxxxxxxxxxxx

...People try and seek help...
..I have given up trying..
..im controlling my lovely sharp razor..
...while theres to much blood...
..comin out of my skin..
.and still no one notices.
..how much pain im going through..
...so i still lay there all alone...
sarah newman is offline   Reply With Quote