Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Notices

Old December 9th, 2009, 10:48 PM   #1
Asylum
Banned

Name: Songül
Default *** IMPORTANT *** if you take meds

hey ok i have ADD and ADHD. i have taken all sorts of meds throughout the years. STOP IF YOU ARE TAKING THEM. if you suffer from thoughts of suicide, cutting, depression, shaking, dizzines, no sleep, not eating, kidney failure, or heart problems.
doctors don't diagnose patients properly. i had sevre anxiety disorder after i was on the meds i just kept getting worse... i started cutting and jumpd into suicidal thoughts. People have committed suicide becase of this. please consult your doctor and ask if you have anxiety disorder. they have the sam symptoms as ADD/ADHD (you can't focus or stop moving) please consult your doctor PM with questiosn
Asylum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 9th, 2009, 11:24 PM   #2
Aspiringanonymous
Awesome Poster

Default Re: *** IMPORTANT *** if you take meds

Indeed, mis-diagnosis is a disturbingly common occurrence in the mental health field. One should consult their doctor immediately if any concerns arise regarding medication.

That said, not all medication produces severe side-effects such as what you have described, and not all psychiatric diagnoses are erroneous. Often, one ends up seeing several doctors and trying out a multitude of different medication before determining a concisely suitable treatment plan. Every case is unique.

Hopefully you have been feeling better.
Aspiringanonymous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 10th, 2009, 04:32 PM   #3
Hyper
VT Lover

So you are saying people diagnose themselves better than doctors?

Seriously.. Logic.... Just *facepalm*

Just because something doesn't work for you doesn't mean its the same for everyone else under similar circumstances.

I'm tough, rough, ready and able
To pick myself up from under this table
Don't stick no sign on me, I got no label
I'm a little sick, unsure, unsound and unstable

But I'm fighting my way back
Hyper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 11th, 2009, 12:03 PM   #4
Asylum
Banned

Are you calling me ignorant? No sir. I am merely telling people to be cautious. Seriously? Use your common sense. Common sense is that when people have those thoughts… something else is wrong that the doctor perhaps missed. It’s a common mistake. And I don’t blame doctors. They are smart and specialize in that stuff. I am not ignorant as you think I appear to be. I have seen it happen and have experienced it myself. I’m merely doing what the forum is here for telling experiences. Doctor misses anxiety disorder. The kid can’t concentrate so the doctor diagnosis him with ADD. The kid takes meds. He just feels worse and worse. He can concentrate. But he is depressed, angry, he is having trouble socially. The kid walks to school every day. He starts to feel maybe if I just run into the road. This feeling will be over. The world doesn’t need me. Things begin to bother him more and more. Maybe he starts cutting anyway to self hurt. The anxiety attacks still continue. He then decides after a fight with his parents that he hates life and wants to be rid of himself and takes his life. Without the medication the boy wouldn’t have had these thoughts. I asked my doctor after she told me this story and that is what she said. I never stated that doctors give improper diagnosis. Doctors do miss things. They are not perfect. I’m asking people to be cautious and stop the meds. And get help if they think they have anxiety. I had no idea I had anxiety, I never diagnosed myself. I’m not telling others to either. You are clearly misreading my post. Yes the same situation I had doesn’t mean many others have them. But who knows someone may have the same situation and doesn’t understand why. This forum is meant to help people who go through similar situations. What you say is false my dear friend.
Old December 17th, 2009, 05:03 PM   #5
Ballin2much
Member++

Ballin2much's Forum Picture

Name: Joe

ok, i respect your opinion on this, but i personally would like to do waht the doc says.

Some want it to happen,
Some wish it would happen,
We make it happen.
Ballin2much is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 18th, 2009, 10:47 AM   #6
Asylum
Banned

yes... by all means do what the doc says... however if you start haing suicidal thoughts/actions...you might want to 1. talk to doctor.. and 2. stop medication... and 3. ask your doctor if you have anxiety disorder so he/she can help