Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old October 3rd, 2009, 01:05 PM   #1
Stewart
Member+

Stewart's Forum Picture

Name: Parker
Default Anxiety Disorder

Does anyone else suffer from an anxiety disorder? I get worried about everything and my worst fear is throwing up. I can't stand it. I take medication and it helps but I feel sort of alone.
Stewart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 3rd, 2009, 01:27 PM   #2
Kaius
Banned

Name: Aaron
Default Re: Anxiety Disorder

I do too, not seriously though..just social anxiety linked to semantic pragmatic disorder. If you wanna talk or anythin pm me, id be happy to talk/listen/whatever you need lol.
Kaius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 4th, 2009, 02:55 AM   #3
Fusion
Nice Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parker View Post
Does anyone else suffer from an anxiety disorder? I get worried about everything and my worst fear is throwing up. I can't stand it. I take medication and it helps but I feel sort of alone.

You aren't alone there would be many people with the same worry as you do

Fusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 5th, 2009, 09:03 AM   #4
Lost and Confused1

Lost and Confused1's Forum Picture

Name: Brittany

Hi Parker,

Your definitely not alone in this. I have anxiety disorder, and so does one of my close friends. It's definitely hard to deal with, but you can't let it get to you. Have you considered seeing a therapist or anything regarding it?
Lost and Confused1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 5th, 2009, 03:10 PM   #5
overcome.
Nice Poster

What I have could be considered generalised anxiety disorder, as I have fears of two symptoms, one in particular I got diagnosed as having a phobia towards. Pretty much explains why my life is at a stand still right now. I understand and feel the same pain you do, sickness has been a problem I've had associated with anxiety for as long as I can remember. I've never really found a way of tackling sickness. I still get it, but not quite as bad as before. It's been replaced by a much worse symptom now.
overcome. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 5th, 2009, 05:13 PM   #6
Stewart
Member+

Stewart's Forum Picture

Name: Parker

Thanks everyone. Yes, I've had a counsuler for about a year and a half and it's helped a bunch. Good to know I'm not alone on this!

Former Username: -Parker

If you have a question or just want to talk, feel free to PM me or chat with me on AIM.
Stewart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 16th, 2009, 05:55 AM   #7
FallenAngel

Name: Becca

You're definately not alone. I have anxiety disorder too.
If u ever wna talk then just message me =) x
FallenAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 17th, 2009, 07:27 AM   #8
Ryhanna
Awesome Poster

Ryhanna's Forum Picture

Name: Ryan

i know what you mean. I had half the year away from school because my fear and anxieties were keeping me away from school, i went back about 2 weeks ago and had to make up some excuse to tell other kids. It helped talking to people and keeping my mind distracted when I get anxious feelings

My milkshake brings all the boys to the yard.
Ryhanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 20th, 2009, 09:35 PM   #9
Cinderandsmoke
Junior Member+

Cinderandsmoke's Forum Picture

Name: Jaden

Yeah i most certainly do. I not only suffer from an axiety syndrom but i also have avoidance personality disorder. It is so hard to do even the little tasks in life. I get panic attacks when im in walmart because oh my god all these people. It makes school horrible. I have to drag myself out of bed and i have horrible attendance. Its so bad that ive attempted suicide.
Cinderandsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 20th, 2009, 11:56 PM   #10
FallenAngel

Name: Becca

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderandsmoke View Post
Yeah i most certainly do. I not only suffer from an axiety syndrom but i also have avoidance personality disorder. It is so hard to do even the little tasks in life. I get panic attacks when im in walmart because oh my god all these people. It makes school horrible. I have to drag myself out of bed and i have horrible attendance. Its so bad that ive attempted suicide.
Ye im the same. I have an anxiety disorder as well as depression and possible bipolar disorder.
Everything gets to me, and i have panic attacks.... plus the depression is currently at its worst
I also tried to commit suicide once because my anxiety was so bad and cos i was depressed and my life seemed to be falling apart; my parents were gettin divorced, my mum was never around to tlk to, kept losing all my friends etc.....

anyway, i know wot u mean. If u or anybody else ever wnts to chat just pm me xx
FallenAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 21st, 2009, 11:49 AM   #11
Triceratops
VT Lover

There are several people here who suffer from anxiety related issues, including myself.
There are plenty of people in the real world who suffer from it too.
You are definitely not alone here.

My anxiety has triggered other emotional problems such as social anxiety, phobias, stress and depression.
If you ever want to talk about something, or would like me to go into further detail then please do not feel obliged to PM me whenever you want.

"I can't judge any of you. I have no malice against you and no ribbons for you. But I think that it is high time that you all start looking at yourselves, and judging the lie that you live in." ~ Charles Manson
Triceratops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 13th, 2009, 08:53 PM   #12
thedudeman

your not alone, mines so bad the doctor diagnosed it as mild psychosis for a while, its mellowed out but its returning somewhat, and with hallucinations=]
thedudeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 19th, 2009, 07:51 PM   #13
klep
Junior Member+

yea i do and im really scared of throwing up lol it like really freaks me out. if you wana talk about it PM me.
klep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 21st, 2009, 04:33 PM   #14
overcome.
Nice Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by klep View Post
yea i do and im really scared of throwing up lol it like really freaks me out. if you wana talk about it PM me.
I can agree with having a fear of throwing up in public. I've done it before and hidden it well, I hate the thought of it. The anxiety I get is anxiety towards the symptoms if that makes sense. Basically I worry about getting symptoms so I get anxiety. I've developed a phobia of a symptom, but I wouldn't mind being sick at home beforehand. It's not pleasant but rather at home than in public.

This is where I can understand perfectly what Marcie is saying. From this, I've now developed a phobia like I said, developed a lot of social anxiety and depression - stress also.

If anybody has anxiety issues or just wants to chat anyway about anything, then pm me. I've got years of anxiety experience which isn't necessarily something to be happy about but I can do my best to help.
Old November 26th, 2009, 12:06 AM   #15
argentmartine

Hi overcome.
I think one of my neighbor has the problem. For last one month is behavior is not normal. Can motivation works for him ?
argentmartine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 26th, 2009, 03:04 AM   #16
Sammi13

Name: Samantha

I have anxiety disorder. I've been on meds for it for about four years. It's held me back in a lot of things in life. I had to drop out of high school and quit two different jobs because of it. But I got my GED and now I'm in college. My anxiety made me really depressed. But your not alone. I know it feels that way, but with the right help, things will get better. I'm trying to make things better all of the time so I can try to live a normal life despite my anxiety.
Sammi13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 26th, 2009, 08:07 AM   #17
overcome.
Nice Poster

I also have an anxiety disorder, my fear is also throwing up amongst something else I've developed a phobia for. I've made sure I've never quit education due to it or stopped doing too much but recently it's ended up happening; stopping what I'm doing often and now stopped a job temporarily. It leaves you with a defeated and worthless feeling, a feeling as well that it's all your fault. I understand, I feel your pain.