Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > General Discussions > The VT Daily Chronicle
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old November 17th, 2009, 09:10 PM   #1
TheKingDavis
Banned

Name: Dustin
Default Teenagers Throw Dog Off Of Bridge!

Officials say a teenage boy is facing charges after throwing a dog off a bridge on Highway 119. They say it happened Tuesday in the Totz community of Harlan County.

Sherry Bush says she was driving on Highway 119 when she saw two boys on the side of the road.
Click here to find out more!

"I looked and seen the dog's legs kicking, and they were up on the rail, and the next thing I know the dog was gone, and they were running," says Bush.

She says by the time she was able to turn around, it was too late.

"They said it's sick. I said that's no reason to throw the dog off the bridge, and one of the boys said we couldn't get in touch with police or take it to a doctor. I said so, you still didn't have to throw it off the bridge ... I'm calling police," says Bush.

Bush says she gave police a description of a pick-up truck she says picked up the two boys. She then was surprised to see that the dog survived.

"You could tell it was hurt and shaking like it was freezing or something, and I felt so sorry for it. I couldn't get down there to get it," says Bush.

"She couldn't stand, sit up, she was limp, seemed to be in a lot of pain," says Harlan County Animal Control officer Duncan Caldwell.

Animal control officials rescued the puppy, which they are naming Totzie, after the Totz bridge she was thrown off. They say she likely has a broken pelvis, and lots of bruises, but she can now standup and walk again. Officials say the cocker spaniel puppy was most likely healthy before the incident. They say if someone had not been driving by at the right time, she probably would have not survived.

"The dog would still be laying there, emaciated, it would've starved to death and died," says Caldwell.

But now Totzie is being treated and expected live. Officials say an orthopedic doctor will be taking a look at her to see what kind of treatment she needs. Totzie will then be taken to The Woodstock Foundation in Lexington where she will be cared for further until she is ready for adoption.

Police say they have identified the boy they believe is responsible for actually dropping the dog off the bridge, but they are not identifying the suspect since he is under 18. They say an arrest will come soon. Officials say they plan to pursue charges to the fullest extent of the law. The teen could face felony animal cruelty charges under the new Romeo Law in Kentucky.

Those interested in Totzie should call Friends of the Shelter at (606) 573-8867. The address is Friends of the Shelter, Box 778, Baxter, Kentucky, 40806.

http://www.wkyt.com/wymtnews/headlines/49742752.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zeJ3dlkhqRQ&feature=sub

http://www.ishatonu.com/2009/11/17/bridgethrow/

WHAT THE F*** WERE THEY THINKING!?!?!?!?

Last edited by TheKingDavis; November 17th, 2009 at 09:18 PM.
TheKingDavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 17th, 2009, 09:16 PM   #2
Quick_Sylver
I Am Who Was

Quick_Sylver's Forum Picture

Name: Niko/Sylver
Default Re: Teenagers Throw Dog Off Of Bridge!

Pigs.

Thank you Siobhan <3
Connor: We're not mean, you're just Canadian.
~Kyle Was Here, and Was Awesome~
Quick_Sylver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 17th, 2009, 09:20 PM   #3
Tiberius
Awesome Poster

Tiberius's Forum Picture

Name: Tiberius

I think someone should throw him off a bridge, maybe one that's a lot higher up too and see if it's a soft landing.
Tiberius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 17th, 2009, 09:49 PM   #4
TheKingDavis
Banned

Name: Dustin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberius View Post
I think someone should throw him off a bridge, maybe one that's a lot higher up too and see if it's a soft landing.
i agree 100%
TheKingDavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 17th, 2009, 09:50 PM   #5
Aves
Music Fanatic

Aves's Forum Picture

Name: Con

WHY!?!!? I don't like this kid at all

Lexi Is The Bestest
Jo's my sexy nurse.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo
That's like oranges smushed into a coconut with a single pube sticking out
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapphire_Flames View Post
you're like a Thai girl.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiros
Mhmm. RAINBOWS ARE MADE OF MAGIC.
MIKEY WAS HERE AND HE LOVES CON
Aves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 17th, 2009, 10:21 PM   #6
XxHaViiK
Nice Poster

XxHaViiK's Forum Picture

Name: Desmond

These sick, sadistic, little fucks need to be killed... No prison, just put a bullet through their heads, end of story. Poor little animal...

My Kitty just so happens to be my best friend.
XxHaViiK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 17th, 2009, 10:32 PM   #7
Hatsune Miku
Banned

Name: Alexandria

Dammit what were they thinking!? I'd like to throw them off a damn bridge. Animal abuse is pathetic. Go pick on someone who can actually speak up and say "Back the fuck off"
This reminds me of Dusty the cat...
Hatsune Miku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2009, 12:03 AM   #8
ThatDude93
Nice Poster

ThatDude93's Forum Picture

grr....I hate animal abusers....they need to be locked up for a long time...and this kid needs to be thrown off a bridge...if he survives...lock him up for a good long while

Michael Vick got it too easyt because he is famous....ugh
ThatDude93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2009, 12:09 AM   #9
mrmcdonaldduck
vamos a elas

mrmcdonaldduck's Forum Picture

Name: Jason

those bastards, how dare they do that?!?!!??

i hope that they get thrown of a bridge by a dog, just to see what its like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrinceOfMadness View Post
Dragovich...Kravchenko...Steiner...
Moderators...Admins...Global Admins...
All must die!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief View Post
Don't lie Nick. Be cool, think of my large, beautiful breasts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Contra View Post
... Oh fuck you!
mrmcdonaldduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2009, 12:47 AM   #10
Hatsune Miku
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jwb187 View Post
grr....I hate animal abusers....they need to be locked up for a long time...and this kid needs to be thrown off a bridge...if he survives...lock him up for a good long while

Michael Vick got it too easy because he is famous....ugh
Michael Dick belongs in a place much worse then hell
Old November 18th, 2009, 12:50 AM   #11
theOperaGhost
Banned

Wow...interesting to read all these comments...

It appears people think the death penalty (throwing him off a bridge) is acceptable for a dog killer, but when the death penalty gets brought up for a human murderer everyone thinks it's inhumane. DOG KILLERS SHOULD DIE! Murderers are fine though....
theOperaGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2009, 01:41 AM   #12
Random_oso06
Awesome Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by theOperaGhost View Post
Wow...interesting to read all these comments...

It appears people think the death penalty (throwing him off a bridge) is acceptable for a dog killer, but when the death penalty gets brought up for a human murderer everyone thinks it's inhumane. DOG KILLERS SHOULD DIE! Murderers are fine though....
ha jared well i think that since there is a separation with animals and people with people if someone dies it doesn't affect you as much since you don't know them but with a animal especially a dog since a majority are dog owners they thin what if it was there companion it would piss you off wouldn't it like with this i felt a connection because my dog is a cocker spaniel so yes i'm pissed at them too

"When Life gives you lemons make grape juice then sit down and let the world wonder how you did it" [/FONT][/SIZE][/CENTER]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiros View Post
I'm a pretty girl...
Have any questions come ask me
Random_oso06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2009, 01:49 AM   #13
2D
Banned

Haha there a tons of people who are going to ruin his life. The people from some website are ganging up to take him down. I love to watch them in action: pulling up accounts, details, phone numbers, and anything related to the person and then tearing him down. Epic win. I could care less what he did, it's just funny to watch him get it good.
2D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2009, 01:50 AM   #14
Hatsune Miku
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by theOperaGhost View Post
DOG KILLERS SHOULD DIE! Murderers are fine though....
Pretty much.
Animal abuse is just pathetic. They can't talk, they have no way to speak up. They are more defenseless then humans. If a murderer broke into my house. I would beat the shit out of him with my bat (Im gonna die anyways, might as well try to defend myself) (And I don't think cutting the guys legs off are gonna help me).
A animal can't do that. ( And im talking about the small animals, not bears ect. )

Last edited by Hatsune Miku; November 18th, 2009 at 02:00 AM.
Old November 18th, 2009, 01:56 AM   #15
2D
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeldas121212 View Post
Pretty much.
Animal abuse is just pathetic. They can't talk, they have no way to speak up. They are more defenseless then humans. If a murderer broke into my house. I would beat the shit out of him with my bat (Im gonna die anyways, might as well try to defend myself) (And I don't think cutting the guys legs off are gonna help me).
A animal can't do that.
Your logic flow follows that you must stop driving. Because when you drive, or walk for that matter, you run over ants, bugs, and sometimes bigger animals. Following your logic we should all be dead by now. If you are going to take it to that extreme you must treat every animal no matter how small or big equally.
Old November 18th, 2009, 01:59 AM   #16
Hatsune Miku
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motormouth View Post
Your logic flow follows that you must stop driving. Because when you drive, or walk for that matter, you run over ants, bugs, and sometimes bigger animals. Following your logic we should all be dead by now. If you are going to take it to that extreme you must treat every animal no matter how small or big equally.
Ants and bugs are insects, not animals
And im talking about purposely abusing. Not harming the animal by accident
If you run over a deer while driving on the highway, that's an accident
If you see a deer on the highway and speed up to purposely hit it, that's abuse

Have you ever heard of Dusty the cat? I can't even explain how many people wanted to do worse things then kill the kid abusing that cat. If it was a human abusing a human, people would care alot less. Why? Like I said, animals are defenseless. What is a cat gonna do if your choking it, slamming it against the wall, throwing it across the room, putting it in the tub and turn on the ice cold water? Nothing

Listen at 1:41
Listen to that jerk
And listen the the cats cries

Last edited by Hatsune Miku; November 18th, 2009 at 02:07 AM.
Old November 18th, 2009, 02:09 AM   #17
2D
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeldas121212 View Post
Ants and bugs are insects, not animals
And im talking about purposely abusing. Not harming the animal by accident
If you run over a deer while driving on the highway, that's an accident
If you see a deer on the highway and speed up to purposely hit it, that's abuse

Have you ever heard of Dusty the cat? I can't even explain how many people wanted to do worse things then kill the kid abusing that cat. If it was a human abusing a human, people would care alot less. Why? Like I said, animals are defenseless. What is a cat gonna do if your choking it, slamming it against the wall, throwing it across the room, putting it in the tub and turn on the ice cold water? Nothing
Insects are animals. Just saying.

People wouldn't care as much if someone abused a kid than an animal because animals are cute and cuddly. People are just people. The only reason babies and toddlers aren't dying in the street is because they are cute. It's their defense. As well as a few animals.

But on another point. We're here to keep them in check. More people are getting killed by mountain lions where I live than ever before because they're not scared of us. They have no fear and see us a food. Helpless? No. But do I think we should just torture them? No. that's just pointless. We're here to take proper care of everything, abuse is wrong, but punishable by death is a big stretch. Humans are far superior to any animal on Earth. Just put they guy in prison for 5-10 and let the inmates serve his punishment.

EDIT: In response to the video.

I would say those people are not quite mentally stable. Just get a psych guy on them and see what fucked up shit they're thinking.

Last edited by 2D; November 18th, 2009 at 02:13 AM.
Old November 18th, 2009, 02:20 AM   #18
Hatsune Miku
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motormouth View Post
They have no fear and see us a food. Helpless? No.
touch
You win

Quote:
More people are getting killed by mountain lions where I live than ever before because they're not scared of us
Because they are not defenseless. Only an idiot would try to mess with one of them.
I mean, kick a mountain lion. Your screwed lol. Same thing with bears, tigers ect.
Old November 18th, 2009, 02:30 AM   #19
2D
Banned

People who are hiking aren't provoking them. It's the development that is. Houses spread out in the mountains and other areas. Forcing them to look for other food in different areas, and we don't make it clear that we're not to be messed with. It's a lose lose really.
Old November 18th, 2009, 02:37 AM   #20
theOperaGhost
Banned

I'm not saying I condone animal abuse...I refuse to watch that video because from what you wrote about it, I wouldn't be able to make it through the entire thing. Yes, animal abuse pisses me off and I would probably want to beat the shit out of anyone who would ever abuse my cat. However, murder also makes me sick...anyone who takes a life (with premeditation and deliberation) deserves to be killed.

I simply found it funny that everyone wants this kid dead because he killed a dog, but nobody would have really cared if he had murdered someone...

"he's just a kid...he can be rehabilitated!" That's what people would have said.
theOperaGhost is offline   Reply With Quote