Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old October 30th, 2009, 08:36 PM   #101
Lily of the Valley
Member+

Name: Laura
Default Re: Define Deep?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empty Misery View Post
It's not cutting yourself that's the problem it's how deep you go, how frequent it is, and the reason behind doing it. Hurting yourself just puts you one stop closer to suicide. With each cut your just that closer to death unless you're a lying attention whore. I'll explain it more later on but right now I'm not really to focused on this thread.
Not really. I cut for years and years and years, and it helped me avoid suicide. If I hadn't had that release and that method of coping, I bet I would have killed myself.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloud View Post
Calum is me
Oh.

Hai.

~Maggot
Lily of the Valley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 30th, 2009, 09:06 PM   #102
Kaleidoscope Eyes
VT Lover

Kaleidoscope Eyes's Forum Picture

Name: Jessi

I agree, cutting isn't some sort of gateway to suicide, or a stop along the way. It's a way to cope, as much as we all know how destructive and unhealthy it is. Suicide isn't coping, it's ending things so that you won't have to cope. Cutting doesn't always happen before suicide, and it doesn't make a person more likely to commit suicide. The only connection between cutters and those who attempt to kill themselves, in my mind, is that they're both depressed.

Cutting is never intended to cause lethal damage. It's true that some people go deeper over time and thus it gets more dangerous, but suicide is intentional. Accidental death isn't the same as suicide, even if the cause of death was self-inflicted.

Jessi the Gweat and Tewwible
Do not offend the chair leg of truth. It is wise and terrible.

~Laura was here~
Kaleidoscope Eyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 31st, 2009, 01:12 PM   #103
NightFighter
Nice Poster

NightFighter's Forum Picture

Name: Ess

Ok, so are we going to take action now?
Seems like a lot of people want to change the thread in some way.
Maybe we could vote on how it should be changed?

"But who prays for Satan? Who, in eighteen centuries, has had the common humanity to pray for the one sinner that needed it most?"
- Mark Twain

NightFighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 31st, 2009, 03:58 PM   #104
Kaleidoscope Eyes
VT Lover

Kaleidoscope Eyes's Forum Picture

Name: Jessi

The mods are actually doing some discussion about changing the thread, and so far we haven't made any decisions to take action.

In my personal opinion, the changes which have been proposed in this thread are largely just not feasible. As much as I am one of the people who don't enjoy reading post after post talking about how much people have cut themselves and how shitty they feel, and how that entire thread is just so depressing to go through... It does serve some purpose. If we limit posts to not include number of cuts or severity, and to just say, "I self-harmed today," we give off the impression that it's not okay to talk about it. I don't think we need to add any confusion over where it's ok to talk about things and where we have to be vague and avoid those things. This is meant to be a supportive community, and if kids feel like they can't even talk about the problems they need support on... what good are we really doing? For those of us who don't enjoy reading that thread, we can stay away from it.

I also stated above that I don't agree with the suggestion of merging self-harm and non-self-harm calendars because of the vast differences in purpose.

Now, my opinion isn't the only one that matters, and we do always welcome suggestions. This is my opinion on the matter, though, and I also just wanted to let you know that the moderators are aware of the complaints which have been voiced in this thread--we're not ignoring you guys.

Jessi the Gweat and Tewwible
Do not offend the chair leg of truth. It is wise and terrible.

~Laura was here~
Kaleidoscope Eyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 31st, 2009, 04:13 PM   #105
Darkness
Member++

Darkness's Forum Picture

Name: Call me Alexis

Maybe the person could give the number of figures the number of cuts was in, or just say if it was only a few or allot, and not say how deep it was, I think we should do what Katina said.

If you think I can help you please PM me.
rukiayua is my VT lover and I'm her
Quote:
sexy monkey beast of a man
-If you love her set her free,
-If she loves you she will return to you,
-If not she didn't love you anyway,
-But first you need someone to set free,
Darkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 2nd, 2009, 08:16 AM   #106
Hyper
VT Lover

To the previous, deleted, post(er) VT doesn't flaunt SH and you need to watch your tone

I'm tough, rough, ready and able
To pick myself up from under this table
Don't stick no sign on me, I got no label
I'm a little sick, unsure, unsound and unstable

But I'm fighting my way back
Hyper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 2nd, 2009, 12:39 PM   #107
GreyxRainbow
Member++

GreyxRainbow's Forum Picture

Name: Rebecca

How to define the deepness of cuts? I honestly don't know how to define that. I don't think I've ever done something serious, just shallow and one or two medium, in my opinion. But when I look at the ways other people define it, all I've done is shallow. That is fine to me. I won't go bragging about the dept of my cuts.

I have posted to the SH Calender, but only to keep track of it for me. I didn't want pity, and I never asked for that. Some people asked me what was wrong after I posted, and then I answered them as good as I could. I do think that some people exaggerate about the dept of their cuts, but I think less than 50 %. I also tried to encourage people to try to stop, as much as I could.

The NSH Calender has been - and is - really helpful for me. It not only helps me keep track of the amount of time, but it also gives me a good feeling when I can post there and I reached my goal. Then I can be proud of myself, and I'll try even harder after that. I admit that I did post things like 'I'm gonna give in/ I can't keep it up' etc, but I'm trying my best to keep it positive and encourage other people to keep it up.

Don't you ever say goodbye
Lovers never will say die
I'll be back before you know
I'll be here before the snow
Promise me that you will stay
So we can carry on our way
We've got nothing left to try
So don't you ever say goodbye
GreyxRainbow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 2nd, 2009, 02:22 PM   #108
theOperaGhost
Banned

I actually like the non-selfharm calendar....it's more encouraging than anything. I can't stand the self harm calendar though.
theOperaGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 2nd, 2009, 02:33 PM   #109
Cloud
Godliest God of all

Name: Calum

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyxRainbow View Post
Some people asked me what was wrong after I posted, and then I answered them as good as I could.
And thats fine because your not trying to bullshit everyone

but when people post stupid numbers of deep cuts then say they dont want to talk about it thats when the thread starts to piss everyone off and starts becoming useless.

Never in the field of human conflict was so much owed by so many to so few-Winston Churchill
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiction
Oh of course. I so want you now.

~Laura was here~
~Jessi wasn't here but she should have been ~
Cloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 2nd, 2009, 02:58 PM   #110
Rutherford The Brave
Rutherford

Rutherford The Brave's Forum Picture

Name: Gregory

Honestly, when I look in that thread. I feel a deep sense of hatred. Not because of the poeple but because it brings up everything thing that I've supressed for years. It's a very difficult thing to keep around, most people do self harm, while others are trying their best to quit. Its kind of like fuel to the fire.

Drop Acid, Not Bombs.
Rutherford The Brave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 2nd, 2009, 03:01 PM   #111
Cloud
Godliest God of all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ocean Challenger View Post
Honestly, when I look in that thread. I feel a deep sense of hatred. Not because of the poeple but because it brings up everything thing that I've supressed for years. It's a very difficult thing to keep around, most people do self harm, while others are trying their best to quit. Its kind of like fuel to the fire.
Yes but for those seeking help its a way of talking about what theyve done and makes it easier to tell others

when used properly that is

Never in the field of human conflict was so much owed by so many to so few-Winston Churchill
Quote:

~Laura was here~
Old November 2nd, 2009, 03:04 PM   #112
Rutherford The Brave
Rutherford

Quote:
Yes but for those seeking help its a way of talking about what theyve done and makes it easier to tell others

when used properly that is
I know that, but I mean think about it. Its a log of self harm. Its sad, but you know I don't doubt its purpose.

Drop Acid, Not Bombs.
Old November 2nd, 2009, 03:06 PM   #113
Cloud
Godliest God of all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ocean Challenger View Post
I know that, but I mean think about it. Its a log of self harm. Its sad, but you know I don't doubt its purpose.
I know that also haha i was just clarifying for anyone who was unaware of that who was going to agree with you and demand it gone

Quote:

~Laura was here~
Old November 2nd, 2009, 06:07 PM   #114
Rutherford The Brave
Rutherford

Quote:
I know that also haha i was just clarifying for anyone who was unaware of that who was going to agree with you and demand it gone
Yeah >,> hahah I should of clarified that as well.

Drop Acid, Not Bombs.