Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Closed Thread

Old August 31st, 2009, 12:15 PM   #81
Raynes
Member+

Raynes's Forum Picture

Name: Anthony
Default Re: Aarons Story

Nobody demeaned him. Nobody insulted him. All anyone did was post their opinions, and the people who didn't like those opinions began to attack those who posted their opinions. Now this has turned into a "You're so heartless." war. All I did personally is try to explain to him why his video might not be well received, and why others perceived it as attention whoring. This thread is going nowhere. Somebody please put an end to this madness.

There is a picture here. You just can't see it because it doesn't like you. Run along now.
Old August 31st, 2009, 12:15 PM   #82
Ripplemagne
Banned

Name: Christobal

You guys only want the thread locked because you know you can't win. XD
Old August 31st, 2009, 12:16 PM   #83
Sunshine Girl
Nice Poster

Sunshine Girl's Forum Picture

Name: Sterling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donkey View Post
What the fuck are you guys thinking????

This is a SELF HELP forum. You don't start bitching about some video someone made. He made it to show what he's been through. You got bullied, fine. He got bullied, and he dealt with it in a different way. You don't have to start fighting him for that.

If you don't like the video, don't watch it. Do you really think it's helping to say that demeaning kind of stuff to Aaron? If you do, maybe you shouldn't be in the advice forums.

Aaron, nice vid. Well done
+rep.

Hold on.
Old August 31st, 2009, 12:17 PM   #84
Project Delta
Banned

Project Delta's Forum Picture

Name: Aaron

Actually correction, Calum called me a "Selfish Retard"
Old August 31st, 2009, 12:17 PM   #85
2D
Banned

My mama always said "If you have nothing nice to say, say nothing at all."
Old August 31st, 2009, 12:18 PM   #86
Zazu
6 years......

Zazu's Forum Picture

Name: David

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripplemagne View Post
Surely though there should be no winning in an advice thread though? Shouldn't be a debate imo, it should just be a discussion. Whilst there should be some form of conclusion, surely there should be no 'winning'?

- Never take anything for face value, never trust the system and never put up with an answer that you don't agree with. It's about time people realised the truth of this world.

CLICK IT NAO!!!
Old August 31st, 2009, 12:19 PM   #87
Harley Quinn
Puddin'

Harley Quinn's Forum Picture

Name: Siobhan

look will everyone take a damn chill pill for a second and actually calm down,come on just leave it and go

Be not afraid of greatness; some are born great, some achieve greatness, and some have greatness thrust upon them.

[Emerald Dream] if I had a 30 minute orgasm, I would probably need to sleep for a week

~Stevennn

*Ali*
Old August 31st, 2009, 12:19 PM   #88
Cloud
Godliest God of all

Name: Calum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamless Speach View Post
Actually correction, Calum called me a "Selfish Retard"
off site
has no connection here
you flamed on site

Never in the field of human conflict was so much owed by so many to so few-Winston Churchill
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiction
Oh of course. I so want you now.

~Laura was here~
~Jessi wasn't here but she should have been ~
Old August 31st, 2009, 12:19 PM   #89
Ripplemagne
Banned

Quote:
My mama always said "If you have nothing nice to say, say nothing at all."
Then your mother is not very wise. Honesty > What's "nice". As Marcella put it, if we coddle, it encourages bad behavior. If we express honesty, people will more critically analyze a situation and attempt to rectify it.

It's nicer of me to give him perspective than to stay silent and let him self-destruct.
Old August 31st, 2009, 12:19 PM   #90
Raynes
Member+

Raynes's Forum Picture

Name: Anthony

I didn't read any of Calums posts besides the first few. I suppose he did insult you. But, regardless, I didn't, and the point is still valid, whether everybody is happy with it or not. Everybody has an opinion. There is no reason for this to be a fight.

EDIT: Did Calum insult him or not? Shit, I have no clue. I'm hearing conflicting stories here. I'm not re-reading the entire thread to check, but I never saw a flat out insult.

There is a picture here. You just can't see it because it doesn't like you. Run along now.

Last edited by Raynes; August 31st, 2009 at 12:23 PM.
Old August 31st, 2009, 12:26 PM   #91
nick
Legendary Member

nick's Forum Picture

Name: Nick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloud View Post
truth hurts darkness but it needs to be said
like now
i felt it was necessarry
and i had alot of people agreeing with me
A lot of people agreed with Hitler, it didnt make him right

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motormouth View Post
But yes basically everyone who ganged up to bully Aaron. At least that how it comes across when you look at everything objectively.
It certainly looks like a planned and coordinated attack and to my mind is the most hateful and nasty thing I've seen on vt. You should all be completely ashamed of yourselves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donkey View Post
What the fuck are you guys thinking????

This is a SELF HELP forum. You don't start bitching about some video someone made. He made it to show what he's been through. You got bullied, fine. He got bullied, and he dealt with it in a different way. You don't have to start fighting him for that.

If you don't like the video, don't watch it. Do you really think it's helping to say that demeaning kind of stuff to Aaron? If you do, maybe you shouldn't be in the advice forums.
Spot on Jon, well said.
Old August 31st, 2009, 12:27 PM   #92
Ripplemagne
Banned

I believe it was more his actions that Calum was insulting. There's a difference between "you're being an idiot" and "you're an idiot".
Old August 31st, 2009, 12:27 PM   #93
2D
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripplemagne View Post
Shouldn't this be about debating and finally understanding each others opinions and not winning? Childish much?
Old August 31st, 2009, 12:28 PM   #94
The Batman
Banned

Name: Thomdam

Really guys get over it. Leave it alone when you post you take that risk that not e everyone will post sweet things. If they don't like it they have just as much of a right to say I like the ones who did like it. But really debates are for ROTW.
Old August 31st, 2009, 12:29 PM   #95
Ripplemagne
Banned

Quote:
Shouldn't this be about debating and finally understanding each others opinions and not winning? Childish much?
Is right right or is right subjective?
Old August 31st, 2009, 12:29 PM   #96
Triceratops
VT Lover

As requested, I'm locking the thread.

Although posting content much like this video is bound to raise some kind of level of controversy. There have been plenty of valid comments made against this video, just because they aren't sugar-coated and to your liking does not mean they shouldn't be brought up.

"I can't judge any of you. I have no malice against you and no ribbons for you. But I think that it is high time that you all start looking at yourselves, and judging the lie that you live in." ~ Charles Manson
Old September 29th, 2009, 01:25 AM   #97
Hyper
VT Lover

Hmm I'm quite surprised I missed this.. Probably because of the thread name.. I read most topics in the Psych Ward but I post in few.. And I almost never read peoples stories

However I stumbled on this today a month later and now that I read all of it I just have to post in this to send out a message

And being a mod I can post in locked threads so

First of all what You should know about me is that I am probably the most straight-forward person VT and the most blunt and reality oriented - if not on VT then on the Psych Ward.

For a loooong time I was the only person who didn't only comfort people, but I told them what I think they did wrong or how their thinking was fucked up wrong.

This thread.. Well it makes me sigh.. The only reason I've stuck around VT is for helping people and finding occasional amusement. The replies here are just disappointing

I believe nothing justifies cutting and that is plain wrong & weak

However the replies here just are surreal.. The first thought that came to mind after I read the amazing bash fest was DOUBLE STANDARD?

Please get real these forums are filled with people who post threads for attention and to hear '' poor you ''.. Why don't I see you guys giving them a reality check? In fact I could at best name the people besides me who do that to EVERYONE EQUALLY maybe on 1-3 fingers.

This site is about help and for some, some crying entitled '' poor you '' is help in the sense that someone cares enough to write that stupid post.

People react differently to different things. You can call me anything you like and I wont cry.. But at the same time there are people who can't take any criticism not to mention verbal abuse.

When you say toughen up and fight back - its true - but how you said it here is just wrong, you weren't handing him a hand and saying '' get up your a man '' you were kicking him in the gut and saying '' what the fuck are you doing? ''

Say whatever you want, that is what happened and that is how anyone would emotionally interpret it.

Point being if your going to '' tell reality to an attention whore '' do it with all of the attention whores. 90% of the people who post in Psych ward are attention whores.

Also please don't come in this forum if you can't understand the pain of others.

I'm tough, rough, ready and able
To pick myself up from under this table
Don't stick no sign on me, I got no label
I'm a little sick, unsure, unsound and unstable

But I'm fighting my way back
Closed Thread