Virtual Teen Forums
 

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 31st, 2009, 12:15 PM   #81
Raynes
Member+
 
Raynes's Forum Picture
 
Name: Anthony
Join Date: December 6, 2008
Location: Los Angeles, California
Age: 23
Gender: Male
Default Re: Aarons Story

Nobody demeaned him. Nobody insulted him. All anyone did was post their opinions, and the people who didn't like those opinions began to attack those who posted their opinions. Now this has turned into a "You're so heartless." war. All I did personally is try to explain to him why his video might not be well received, and why others perceived it as attention whoring. This thread is going nowhere. Somebody please put an end to this madness.

There is a picture here. You just can't see it because it doesn't like you. Run along now.
Raynes is offline  
Old August 31st, 2009, 12:15 PM   #82
Ripplemagne
Banned
 
Name: Christobal
Join Date: June 6, 2009
Location: New Yawk, USA
Age: 27
Gender: Male
Default Re: Aarons Story

You guys only want the thread locked because you know you can't win. XD
Ripplemagne is offline  
Old August 31st, 2009, 12:16 PM   #83
Sunshine Girl
Nice Poster
 
Sunshine Girl's Forum Picture
 
Name: Sterling
Join Date: November 6, 2008
Location: KCMO, around.
Age: 23
Gender: Female
Blog Entries: 31
Default Re: Aarons Story

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donkey View Post
What the fuck are you guys thinking????

This is a SELF HELP forum. You don't start bitching about some video someone made. He made it to show what he's been through. You got bullied, fine. He got bullied, and he dealt with it in a different way. You don't have to start fighting him for that.

If you don't like the video, don't watch it. Do you really think it's helping to say that demeaning kind of stuff to Aaron? If you do, maybe you shouldn't be in the advice forums.


Aaron, nice vid. Well done
+rep.

Hold on.
Sunshine Girl is offline  
Old August 31st, 2009, 12:17 PM   #84
Project Delta
Banned
 
Project Delta's Forum Picture
 
Name: Aaron
Join Date: March 23, 2009
Location: In a pineapple under the sea (Of England)
Age: 24
Gender: Male
Blog Entries: 6
Default Re: Aarons Story

Actually correction, Calum called me a "Selfish Retard"
Project Delta is offline  
Old August 31st, 2009, 12:17 PM   #85
2D
Banned
 
Join Date: July 9, 2009
Gender: Female
Blog Entries: 2
Default Re: Aarons Story

My mama always said "If you have nothing nice to say, say nothing at all."
2D is offline  
Old August 31st, 2009, 12:18 PM   #86
Zazu
6 years......
 
Zazu's Forum Picture
 
Name: David
Join Date: April 4, 2006
Location: East of England, UK
Age: 25
Gender: Male
Blog Entries: 2
Default Re: Aarons Story

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripplemagne View Post
You guys only want the thread locked because you know you can't win. XD
Surely though there should be no winning in an advice thread though? Shouldn't be a debate imo, it should just be a discussion. Whilst there should be some form of conclusion, surely there should be no 'winning'?

- Never take anything for face value, never trust the system and never put up with an answer that you don't agree with. It's about time people realised the truth of this world.



CLICK IT NAO!!!
Zazu is offline  
Old August 31st, 2009, 12:19 PM   #87
Harley Quinn
Puddin'
 
Harley Quinn's Forum Picture
 
Name: Siobhan
Join Date: July 18, 2009
Location: London
Age: 22
Gender: Cisgender Female
Default Re: Aarons Story

look will everyone take a damn chill pill for a second and actually calm down,come on just leave it and go


Be not afraid of greatness; some are born great, some achieve greatness, and some have greatness thrust upon them.

[Emerald Dream] if I had a 30 minute orgasm, I would probably need to sleep for a week


~Stevennn

*Ali*
Harley Quinn is offline  
Old August 31st, 2009, 12:19 PM   #88
Cloud
Godliest God of all
 
Name: Calum
Join Date: January 1, 2009
Location: The Land Of Eng
Age: 23
Gender: Male
Default Re: Aarons Story

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamless Speach View Post
Actually correction, Calum called me a "Selfish Retard"
off site
has no connection here
you flamed on site

Never in the field of human conflict was so much owed by so many to so few-Winston Churchill
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiction
Oh of course. I so want you now.

~Laura was here~
~Jessi wasn't here but she should have been ~
Cloud is offline  
Old August 31st, 2009, 12:19 PM   #89
Ripplemagne
Banned
 
Name: Christobal
Join Date: June 6, 2009
Location: New Yawk, USA
Age: 27
Gender: Male
Default Re: Aarons Story

Quote:
My mama always said "If you have nothing nice to say, say nothing at all."
Then your mother is not very wise. Honesty > What's "nice". As Marcella put it, if we coddle, it encourages bad behavior. If we express honesty, people will more critically analyze a situation and attempt to rectify it.

It's nicer of me to give him perspective than to stay silent and let him self-destruct.
Ripplemagne is offline  
Old August 31st, 2009, 12:19 PM   #90
Raynes
Member+
 
Raynes's Forum Picture
 
Name: Anthony
Join Date: December 6, 2008
Location: Los Angeles, California
Age: 23
Gender: Male
Default Re: Aarons Story

I didn't read any of Calums posts besides the first few. I suppose he did insult you. But, regardless, I didn't, and the point is still valid, whether everybody is happy with it or not. Everybody has an opinion. There is no reason for this to be a fight.

EDIT: Did Calum insult him or not? Shit, I have no clue. I'm hearing conflicting stories here. I'm not re-reading the entire thread to check, but I never saw a flat out insult.

There is a picture here. You just can't see it because it doesn't like you. Run along now.

Last edited by Raynes; August 31st, 2009 at 12:23 PM.
Raynes is offline  
Old August 31st, 2009, 12:26 PM   #91
nick
Legendary Member
 
nick's Forum Picture
 
Name: Nick
Join Date: January 27, 2009
Location: UK
Age: 24
Gender: Male
Blog Entries: 14
Default Re: Aarons Story

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloud View Post
truth hurts darkness but it needs to be said
like now
i felt it was necessarry
and i had alot of people agreeing with me
A lot of people agreed with Hitler, it didnt make him right

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motormouth View Post
But yes basically everyone who ganged up to bully Aaron. At least that how it comes across when you look at everything objectively.
It certainly looks like a planned and coordinated attack and to my mind is the most hateful and nasty thing I've seen on vt. You should all be completely ashamed of yourselves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donkey View Post
What the fuck are you guys thinking????

This is a SELF HELP forum. You don't start bitching about some video someone made. He made it to show what he's been through. You got bullied, fine. He got bullied, and he dealt with it in a different way. You don't have to start fighting him for that.

If you don't like the video, don't watch it. Do you really think it's helping to say that demeaning kind of stuff to Aaron? If you do, maybe you shouldn't be in the advice forums.
Spot on Jon, well said.
nick is offline  
Old August 31st, 2009, 12:27 PM   #92
Ripplemagne
Banned
 
Name: Christobal
Join Date: June 6, 2009
Location: New Yawk, USA
Age: 27
Gender: Male
Default Re: Aarons Story

I believe it was more his actions that Calum was insulting. There's a difference between "you're being an idiot" and "you're an idiot".
Ripplemagne is offline  
Old August 31st, 2009, 12:27 PM   #93
2D
Banned
 
Join Date: July 9, 2009
Gender: Female
Blog Entries: 2
Default Re: Aarons Story

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripplemagne View Post
You guys only want the thread locked because you know you can't win. XD
Shouldn't this be about debating and finally understanding each others opinions and not winning? Childish much?
2D is offline  
Old August 31st, 2009, 12:28 PM   #94
The Batman
Banned
 
Name: Thomdam
Join Date: November 13, 2007
Location: Missouri
Age: 27
Gender: Male
Blog Entries: 19
Default Re: Aarons Story

Really guys get over it. Leave it alone when you post you take that risk that not e everyone will post sweet things. If they don't like it they have just as much of a right to say I like the ones who did like it. But really debates are for ROTW.
The Batman is offline  
Old August 31st, 2009, 12:29 PM   #95
Ripplemagne
Banned
 
Name: Christobal
Join Date: June 6, 2009
Location: New Yawk, USA
Age: 27
Gender: Male
Default Re: Aarons Story

Quote:
Shouldn't this be about debating and finally understanding each others opinions and not winning? Childish much?
Is right right or is right subjective?
Ripplemagne is offline  
Old August 31st, 2009, 12:29 PM   #96
Triceratops
VT Lover
 
Join Date: October 2, 2008
Age: 24
Gender: Female
Blog Entries: 18
Default Re: Aarons Story

As requested, I'm locking the thread.

Although posting content much like this video is bound to raise some kind of level of controversy. There have been plenty of valid comments made against this video, just because they aren't sugar-coated and to your liking does not mean they shouldn't be brought up.


"I can't judge any of you. I have no malice against you and no ribbons for you. But I think that it is high time that you all start looking at yourselves, and judging the lie that you live in." ~ Charles Manson
Triceratops is offline  
Old September 29th, 2009, 01:25 AM   #97
Hyper
VT Lover
 
Join Date: July 3, 2006
Location: Glacier
Age: 24
Gender: Male
Default Re: Aarons Story

Hmm I'm quite surprised I missed this.. Probably because of the thread name.. I read most topics in the Psych Ward but I post in few.. And I almost never read peoples stories

However I stumbled on this today a month later and now that I read all of it I just have to post in this to send out a message

And being a mod I can post in locked threads so

First of all what You should know about me is that I am probably the most straight-forward person VT and the most blunt and reality oriented - if not on VT then on the Psych Ward.

For a loooong time I was the only person who didn't only comfort people, but I told them what I think they did wrong or how their thinking was fucked up wrong.

This thread.. Well it makes me sigh.. The only reason I've stuck around VT is for helping people and finding occasional amusement. The replies here are just disappointing

I believe nothing justifies cutting and that is plain wrong & weak

However the replies here just are surreal.. The first thought that came to mind after I read the amazing bash fest was DOUBLE STANDARD?

Please get real these forums are filled with people who post threads for attention and to hear '' poor you ''.. Why don't I see you guys giving them a reality check? In fact I could at best name the people besides me who do that to EVERYONE EQUALLY maybe on 1-3 fingers.

This site is about help and for some, some crying entitled '' poor you '' is help in the sense that someone cares enough to write that stupid post.

People react differently to different things. You can call me anything you like and I wont cry.. But at the same time there are people who can't take any criticism not to mention verbal abuse.

When you say toughen up and fight back - its true - but how you said it here is just wrong, you weren't handing him a hand and saying '' get up your a man '' you were kicking him in the gut and saying '' what the fuck are you doing? ''

Say whatever you want, that is what happened and that is how anyone would emotionally interpret it.

Point being if your going to '' tell reality to an attention whore '' do it with all of the attention whores. 90% of the people who post in Psych ward are attention whores.

Also please don't come in this forum if you can't understand the pain of others.

I'm tough, rough, ready and able
To pick myself up from under this table
Don't stick no sign on me, I got no label
I'm a little sick, unsure, unsound and unstable

But I'm fighting my way back
Hyper is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:00 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright©2000 - 2017
Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 2004 - 2017, VirtualTeen.org