Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old July 15th, 2009, 05:22 PM   #21
1_21Guns
Val's bitch. ;)

1_21Guns's Forum Picture

Name: Natalie
Default Re: My friend is really worrying me....

Hm. I think its time this was left alone, I think my origninal idea of posting this was if somebody could help with what I could say to her, not try and diagnose my friend.
You can't garuntee she does or dosent have it, so that could be just her problem, or it could be a million miles away.

1_21Guns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 15th, 2009, 05:36 PM   #22
Sapphire
Tears & Smiles

Sapphire's Forum Picture

Hmm...I can guarantee that if the info given by you and the bf is accurate then no psychiatrist would diagnose her as having DID.

~ The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step ~

* Nothing in the world has ever been accomplished without passion *
Sapphire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 15th, 2009, 09:54 PM   #23
INFERNO
Awesome Poster

INFERNO's Forum Picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathwishUnknown View Post
knock it off, the pair of you, (INFERNO & Under.)
for what its worth, yes "Under." is my friends boyfriend,
And I think we've gathered its rare. Seeing as none of us are doctors/physcologists, none of us can say if my friend does or dosent have skitzo and MPD. So can you stop argueing over something you probably wont find an answer to now.
True, we haven't met her but we can say the probability of her having it is extremely low. But I've asked more than once, why do you think it is schizophrenia and never once has that question been answered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathwishUnknown View Post
Okay, fair enough, and I understand you both dont think theres a chance on this earth that she has DID. But you havent met her, you havent seen her, you dont know entirely whats happened, because its not down to me to go about posting her life story.
Once again, you're right, we haven't seen her and you haven't posted her life story on here. However, we can once again say the probability of it is extremely low.

"That is my ambition, to have killed more people, more helpless people, than any man or woman who has ever lived." - Jane Toppan

"There's a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow, it's just a son of a bitch getting there" - Sully Erna of Godsmack
INFERNO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 16th, 2009, 11:08 AM   #24
1_21Guns
Val's bitch. ;)

1_21Guns's Forum Picture

Name: Natalie

Quote:
Originally Posted by INFERNO View Post
True, we haven't met her but we can say the probability of her having it is extremely low. But I've asked more than once, why do you think it is schizophrenia and never once has that question been answered.

Once again, you're right, we haven't seen her and you haven't posted her life story on here. However, we can once again say the probability of it is extremely low.

I never said you couldnt say the probabily is low, and your'e probably right there, however it isnt impossible. and as for the question of why do you think she has schizophrenia, i'm afraid I cant give you an answer, I myself dont particularily know the full story etc, I simply said what I had been told, and once again, I think my original idea of this thread was to ask how I could react, not can you diagnose my friend for me.

1_21Guns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 1st, 2009, 02:47 PM   #25
Moneyjr
Banned

hmm therapy.
skiz.. is nothing that's developed but you've had.. its like a biochemical disorder in the brain.
like depression.. something that's I'm dealing with and is frustrating..
and from my understanding.. she was put in an environment that triggered this .. so over the years it's became worse and worse.. or it could be that just growing up is causes this disorder to become more knowing.
suggestion.. keep her in a controll environment where she feels happy. stress free.
therapy.. even though it sounds weird masturbation is a good cure for brain disorders ...
it helps with skiz. depression..hunger..stress.. alot of things. i guess because your brain is in a States of relaxation your hormones aren't as crazy and you enjoy life.. i dunno

but talking.. therapy..safe environment..friends..maybe some chocolate..masturbation..laughter.. are good solution for any disorders.

or i could jut be totally wrong -.-
Moneyjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 1st, 2009, 06:20 PM   #26
INFERNO
Awesome Poster

INFERNO's Forum Picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moneyjr View Post
hmm therapy.
skiz.. is nothing that's developed but you've had.. its like a biochemical disorder in the brain.
Wrong. Schizophrenia does gradually develop and worsen over time. It's more than just a mere biochemical disorder. There are neuroanatomical differences in the brain which can easily be seen from MRIs. It's not something that you're instantly born having.

Quote:
and from my understanding.. she was put in an environment that triggered this .. so over the years it's became worse and worse.. or it could be that just growing up is causes this disorder to become more knowing.
Stress may be a possible cause but it's more likely to be a cause of DID rather than schizophrenia.

Quote:
keep her in a controll environment where she feels happy. stress free.
That hopefully would work for DID (if she has it).

Quote:
therapy.. even though it sounds weird masturbation is a good cure for brain disorders ...
it helps with skiz. depression..hunger..stress.. alot of things. i guess because your brain is in a States of relaxation your hormones aren't as crazy and you enjoy life.. i dunno
It would be a short-lived relief but that's it. I'm not sure why you're bringing hormones into this but do as you please.

Quote:
but talking.. therapy..safe environment..friends..maybe some chocolate..masturbation..laughter.. are good solution for any disorders.
Masturbation may not be a good long-term therapy. Neither would chocolate for more obvious reasons. If she has schizophrenia, then there are medications that can help control it. The same goes for DID.

"That is my ambition, to have killed more people, more helpless people, than any man or woman who has ever lived." - Jane Toppan

"There's a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow, it's just a son of a bitch getting there" - Sully Erna of Godsmack
Old August 6th, 2009, 10:01 AM   #27
Under.

Name: sam

Well if its not MPD

what is causing these so called alters?

what is happening?

All the crows they sit there waiting...
Under. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 6th, 2009, 10:15 AM   #28
Sapphire
Tears & Smiles

Sapphire's Forum Picture

Her behaviour and experiences could be the result of any number of things. Get her to see a professional.

Also, no one deserves to be raped and excuses should not be made for it happening. There are no excuses.
I advise you to really think hard about whether a relationship with her is the best thing for you.

~ The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step ~

* Nothing in the world has ever been accomplished without passion *

Last edited by Sapphire; August 6th, 2009 at 11:29 AM. Reason: Changed some of my wording.
Sapphire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 6th, 2009, 09:57 PM   #29
INFERNO
Awesome Poster

INFERNO's Forum Picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by Under. View Post
Well if its not MPD

what is causing these so called alters?

what is happening?
It can be a long list of possibilities, anything from something psychological to something purely biological. It can also be more than one thing acting together.

But I have to ask, you claimed to have done so so much research. Did you not do any research on what else it could be aside from MPD?