Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old June 23rd, 2009, 11:39 PM   #1
differentduck
Junior Member+

Default OCD?

Well ok here it goes. I'm curious as to weather or not this is OCD. When I am walking down the sidewalk I HAVE to take 2 steps on each sidewalk square. If I don't I either have to do it over or I think about not taking those 2 steps right for like 10 mins. Another thing is if anyone talks about blinking, I start noticing myself blinking and then I sometimes start counting how many blinks I make. I even count out almost everything. I can't time most things, like when I use crest mouth rinse I MUST COUNT, not use my watch. When ever I slightly bump into my friends, I say sorry over and over. Another thing is that I have a hard time walking through crowds. It makes me feel like someone is gonna trip me or they all will start laughing at me, or start spreading rumors about me. This all really bugs me, and these things just are the way are. Oh ya and everything must be even. If I have a scratch or something on one side, I feel heavy on that one side, until it is healed. If I have to spin for some reason, like for a game in gym, I again feel either heavy on one side or sort of "wound up" almost.Thanks for reading and sorry if I wasted your time.

Last edited by differentduck; June 23rd, 2009 at 11:49 PM. Reason: Forgot a few things
differentduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 23rd, 2009, 11:48 PM   #2
Renegade.

Renegade.'s Forum Picture

Name: Amanda.
Default Re: OCD?

Well, no one can really say for sure whether or not you have OCD. If you really feel like these things are strongly affecting your life then maybe you should talk to a professional. If anything, I would assume that if you do have OCD it would be a small case of it. Of course everyone has their little rituals and must-do's, however strange they may be. I wouldn't worry about this to much to be honest, but if you feel like these feelings worsen over time then I would definitely talk to a professional about this.

“Though my soul may set in darkness, It will rise in perfect light,
I have loved the stars too fondly, to be fearful of the night.”
“There is not enough darkness in all the world to put
out the light of even one small candle”

Renegade. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 23rd, 2009, 11:55 PM   #3
differentduck
Junior Member+

Ok thanks. I've only felt this way in the last 8 months or so, maybe as long ago as when my dad had a stroke (2004) If it does take over my life I'll talk to someone. Thanks again!
Old June 24th, 2009, 02:44 AM   #4
INFERNO
Awesome Poster

INFERNO's Forum Picture

The part about saying sorry and the crowd issue probably are not OCD, they may not even be part of a disorder. The blinking bit doesn't sound like a disorder or not to me as that can happen to many people for different things also. The spinning and scratching I'm not sure on, they may be something or may be nothing. The counting part may also be something or nothing also. Overall though, I wouldn't say it is but if it keeps bothering you and/or gets more severe, then you may want to contact a doctor.

"That is my ambition, to have killed more people, more helpless people, than any man or woman who has ever lived." - Jane Toppan

"There's a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow, it's just a son of a bitch getting there" - Sully Erna of Godsmack
INFERNO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 24th, 2009, 04:57 AM   #5
IAMSAM
Legendary Member

Name: Sam!

Does anyone in your family have it? It tends to run in families. Also, one of the ways to determine if your behaviors are OCD -like or just 'peculiarities' is to intentionally NOT do *whatever* it is you feel you must. If it's OCD, the agitation will overwhelm you, you will be unable to function, to think clearly, and calm down. If it's just a *thing*, then it might be uncomfortable, but you survive.

OCD is a debilitating condition characterized by mental paralysis if the thought or action is not engaged in, it is a perceptual issue and a control issue. People who do 'peculiar' things do them for a variety of reasons, but they can exert self control and change the habit. OCD sufferers cannot.
IAMSAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 24th, 2009, 10:43 PM   #6
differentduck
Junior Member+

I guess probably the only thing really affecting me is the crowd thing. I have issues even knocking on peoples doors, or going to other classrooms to get something for the teacher at school.
Old June 25th, 2009, 10:31 AM   #7
Giles
Legendary Member

Giles's Forum Picture

Name: Ben

Quote:
Originally Posted by differentduck View Post
I guess probably the only thing really affecting me is the crowd thing. I have issues even knocking on peoples doors, or going to other classrooms to get something for the teacher at school.
i dont have ocd and i dont like doing any of those things. but maybe im just nervous constantly

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorWhat
Age is just a number. Yeah? Prison is just a room.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoNotStandUp View Post
call me harsh but you have to be a mega-attention seeker if you feel the need to announce that you're leaving.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon
i'm too busy licking my own arse to bother with ears
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elcofan View Post
So one time when i was watching her house
Giles is offline   Reply With Quote