Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old May 4th, 2009, 01:34 PM   #1
ackmedsgirl666
Banned

Name: kenz
Default i'm having a reoccuring flashback

for the past several weeks i have been having several non stop dreams about raped
im not really sure but in the dream i see myself as the victim and this guy that i once knew coming up 2 me and sexually assaulting me
i can't really remember if this really happened for sure as i was 7 or 8 at the time
can anyone help me with this
i have held off from telling anyone and i am now 16??
any suggestions?
ackmedsgirl666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2009, 10:34 AM   #2
Donkey
Retired Administrator

Donkey's Forum Picture

Name: Jon
Default Re: i'm having a reoccuring flashback

First thing: Are you 100% sure this really happened? If you are, go to 1. If you aren't, go to 2.

1. That's terrible. I'm sorry that this has happened to you. It's not fair on you, but bottling things up only makes things worse, trust me. Just get a counsellor, relax with them, and tell them what you can remember happened. It will make you feel much better. Also, get the authorities involved. This man is sick for what he's done and should receive the punishment he deserves. You can't let him get away with this, it's not fair on you. He may be doing this to others too.

2. If you think that it probably happened, go to 2a. If it was probably just a dream, go to 2b.

2a. Okay, do as I said up there in one. See a counsellor and talk to them about it. It will make you feel much better afterwards, letting it out. It may not be a great idea to get the authorities involved as you may not be able to provide substantial enough evidence and it may not be him who did it.

2b. It is very likely this was just a dream. The mind plays up sometimes. Dreams happen from what you have thought in the day, to sort out what has happened in the day in your brain. It also deals with thoughts. Maybe you were on VT looking at a thread with someone who was in a similar situation, or maybe you thought about rape during that day for whatever reason. I know it's something hard to get past, but you'll do it

I'm sorry about this dream that you have, and hopefully you'll do the best thing for you. PM me if you need anything

Donkey is offline   Reply With Quote